topet2k12001

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A20 (Konami) - UPDATED 2020

On 12/26/2020 at 1:19 PM, johnboyjr said:

i have it working but can some one help me with how to add songs from older games?

We do not provide support for adding songs from older games before DDR A. The few people that know how to do that can provide support as they wish, but that's up to them, and it's very unlikely that they are willing to help you. Use Stepmania.

1 hour ago, Romboyz said:

We do not provide support for adding songs from older games before DDR A. The few people that know how to do that can provide support as they wish, but that's up to them, and it's very unlikely that they are willing to help you. Use Stepmania.

Can I ask why that is?

En 28/11/2020 a las 21:49, tw3nz0r dijo:

Disable it by changing the butterfly event 47 from 9999 to 10.

Okay, I did it. I manage to disable it as explained here, so thanks a lot.

But now I have another question (and I guess is the last I have), is it possible to disable the paseli pop up at select style screen? do I need to change another butterfly event to turn it off?

hace 9 horas, Eddie_Amaris dijo:

Okay, I did it. I manage to disable it as explained here, so thanks a lot.

But now I have another question (and I guess is the last I have), is it possible to disable the paseli pop up at select style screen? do I need to change another butterfly event to turn it off?

Try to change, J:A:A to A:A:A, in the file /prop/ea3-config.xml <dest __type="str">A</dest>

hace 17 horas, santiago97 dijo:

Try to change, J:A:A to A:A:A, in the file /prop/ea3-config.xml <dest __type="str">A</dest>

I changed it but it didn't work. The game crashed after checking screen.

Edited by Eddie_Amaris

On 12/29/2020 at 2:40 AM, johnboyjr said:

Can I ask why that is?

There's a lot more to it than just adding the song files. You have to unpack the arc files to access the musicDB, add the song info manually, enter the correct ID, then pack the arc file again. If you mess up even one thing, the game will break. It's not worth the trouble. Again, use Stepmania.

Please read though the outdated A20 thread for additional hints and download links for the tools you need. We're not here to spoon-feed you answers.

On 12/17/2020 at 5:18 PM, mmmeee1 said:

is the ddrhook dll necessary?

It's not necessary if you're using SpiceTools as your "game launcher." However, this file, ddrhook.dll, is actually one of the files included in Bemanitools.

In fact, you can replace it with "ddrhax.dll" (which comes with some nifty "mods"). Someone made a compilation of "patches" or "mods" and named it ddrhax.dll. In lieu of ddrhook.dll you can use this.

Do note that at this point, "patches" or "mods" are also now integrated into SpiceTools, as well as "patches"/"mods" are also now supported in Bemanipatcher's website for this data dump (2020-02-03), so you will notice an "overlap" or redundancy of available patches/mods across various utilities.

As of this writing, practically all "patches" or "mods" offered by ddrhax.dll is now offered by other utilities. The one thing that ddrhax.dll offers that others do not, is the ability to choose your "DDR theme" (e.g. you want SuperNOVA style or DDR Extreme style, etc.).

Edited by topet2k12001

Hi guys does anyone know if with this clean 2020 version,  it's possible to use Ryusei characters, using butterfly? thanks 

A bit of a silly question, but here goes:

Would it be possible to use this to upgrade an existing DDR A cabinet to DDR A20?

I'm wondering if that could work for a private arcade owner.

16 minutes ago, surrealspectrum said:

A bit of a silly question, but here goes:

Would it be possible to use this to upgrade an existing DDR A cabinet to DDR A20?

I'm wondering if that could work for a private arcade owner.

Hm...as far as "is it possible to run this in an actual/official DDR arcade cab?" then yes. There have been quite a number of folks who did so already. I don't own one though so I can't help you any further than this.

But as far as "the rules" that's beyond my scope, unfortunately.

My game seems to crash every time I Alt-tab. is that normal? It also crashes when I try and stream to my close friends in my discord server

On 1/13/2021 at 9:02 AM, ovenwan said:

My game seems to crash every time I Alt-tab. is that normal? It also crashes when I try and stream to my close friends in my discord server

Alt-tab? 

Edited: It forcibly exits the game. Period.

Edited by NoctsRanun

On 1/13/2021 at 9:02 AM, ovenwan said:

Performing an "Alt+Tab" will forcibly exit the game especially if you're playing it full screen.

Edited by topet2k12001

On 1/14/2021 at 3:21 PM, Jestinator said:

Post removed - fixed it!

Let us know the issue and how you solved it: don't leave us hanging dude :P

14 hours ago, Romboyz said:

Let us know the issue and how you solved it: don't leave us hanging dude :P

I needed to get it working with a PIUIO board in an ITG Dedicab.  After a lot of messing about, I got hold of a WinUSB driver for the PIUIO.  

Spicecfg can see the controls and I can map them, and it also drives the lights, but the game will crash when started.  BemaniTools won't let me configure the controls using that driver, but there is a ddrio-piuio.dll floating about.  Launching this gives an unknown reference error in another DLL though.

The fix was to use vjoy and piuio2vjoy to create a virtual joystick, then configure the controls in spicecfg that way.  There's no lights but it all seems to work pretty well once I edited the timing offsets.

Hi,

When running butterfly, 

The cmd prompt says the version and "compiled by..", etc.,

but crashes even before it even says 'Initiating'.

After running the program through a cmd line, I get

"Initiating...

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."

Java is not installed on my computer. Any help?

On your video tutorial, you seem to use the root of your drive (D:) while my folder is in Users:(name):Desktop, does that have anything to do with it?

Another note, when watching your video tutorial, your ea3-config seemed to have a lot more lines of text compared to mine. Is this expected for first-time installers?

Thanks

Edited by AFK797

6 hours ago, AFK797 said:

Hi,

Java is not installed on my computer. Any help?

You already stated the root cause of the problem. :) Java is not installed. So you need to install it. :)

6 hours ago, AFK797 said:

Hi,

On your video tutorial, you seem to use the root of your drive (D:) while my folder is in Users:(name):Desktop, does that have anything to do with it?

Another note, when watching your video tutorial, your ea3-config seemed to have a lot more lines of text compared to mine. Is this expected for first-time installers?

Thanks

There's a reason why I took time and effort to write an FAQ on the succeeding post. :) All issues and solutions and procedures are pretty much spelled out already.

It doesn't matter where in your hard drive you run the game (except maybe just don't put the game in System Folders or restricted folders like Program Files and the like). Running it from Users\YourUserName\Desktop is not an issue.

Edited by topet2k12001

Thanks for taking the time to help someone as technically inept as I, game is working now with no problems.

Much Appreciated! 

I haven't looked into it too much yet, but do you know how to add more PASELI (for premium play)?

I turned off free play and it said I had 1310 PASELI. Does this regenerate every time you start the game? Or does Checking off "Premium Free" in the Spicetools Patches renders PASELI not needed?

Edited by AFK797

16 hours ago, AFK797 said:

Thanks for taking the time to help someone as technically inept as I, game is working now with no problems.

Much Appreciated! 

I haven't looked into it too much yet, but do you know how to add more PASELI (for premium play)?

I turned off free play and it said I had 1310 PASELI. Does this regenerate every time you start the game? Or does Checking off "Premium Free" in the Spicetools Patches renders PASELI not needed?

PASELI count is currently hard-coded. Even in the very original source code (of butterfly) this is hard-coded too. Note that PASELI is a feature that is enabled by butterfly and not by the game in and by itself.

The reason is because butterfly is being used for "local usage" but emulating a full-fledged e-Amusement server. So that's the closest way of emulating it WHEN PLAYING LOCALLY.

I believe it can be made to be dynamic but it means you intend to use butterfly "online" or will be used over the Internet (perhaps through a subscription for a web server). But some modifications to the code needs to be made to the code for that to happen.

Edited by topet2k12001

I'm getting an error that's preventing me from getting past the boot screen.  It says "Can't Open Device." "Device Create Fail." "Can't Open device p4io."  I followed the video guide down to the t.  I'm not tech savy, so I don't know what these errors mean. 

Never mind, I figured it out.  My settings in SpiceTools was mucked up.  I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask the next question.  I'm wanting to record videos of the characters and stages for personal use with Stepmania.  Is there any recommended ways I can go about making as much of the HUD invisible as possible, especially the judgements on screen.  I assume I'll have to edit the arc files in some way. 

Edited by PrinceLandon

20 hours ago, PrinceLandon said:

I'm getting an error that's preventing me from getting past the boot screen.  It says "Can't Open Device." "Device Create Fail." "Can't Open device p4io."  I followed the video guide down to the t.  I'm not tech savy, so I don't know what these errors mean. 

Never mind, I figured it out.  My settings in SpiceTools was mucked up.  I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask the next question.  I'm wanting to record videos of the characters and stages for personal use with Stepmania.  Is there any recommended ways I can go about making as much of the HUD invisible as possible, especially the judgements on screen.  I assume I'll have to edit the arc files in some way. 

In the old DDR A20 thread someone already ripped all the "assets" and he also described the process in a subsequent post; you might want to take a look at it.

http://www.emuline.org/topic/1589-arcade-pc-dance-dance-revolution-a20-konami/?do=findComment&comment=76168

4 hours ago, johnboyjr said:

Any way to donate to the people who dump the games? To support future games.

I don't think anyone would want to receive it (let's just say, they're weary of the "it's a trap!" kind of situation :) It sounds like a "buy-bust operation" when people offer money like that, no offense). The way to support future games is to be discreet about it instead.

Edited by topet2k12001

7 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

I don't think anyone would want to receive it (let's just say, they're weary of the "it's a trap!" kind of situation :) It sounds like a "buy-bust operation" when people offer money like that, no offense). The way to support future games is to be discreet about it instead.

Ok thanks. i just fiurged i would help in any way i could

On 1/23/2021 at 6:35 PM, topet2k12001 said:

In the old DDR A20 thread someone already ripped all the "assets" and he also described the process in a subsequent post; you might want to take a look at it.

http://www.emuline.org/topic/1589-arcade-pc-dance-dance-revolution-a20-konami/?do=findComment&comment=76168

Awesome!  Thank you so much.

Hi chat I need help. Most songs work just fine, but when I load up something like paranoia revolution it refuses to load and gets stuck on the song album art screen. DDR is still running, it has not crashed, it just does not load that specific song. 

4 hours ago, Danime_Sama said:

I cant get past this screen. I was able to before but not its telling me gameplay is not accessible at the moment. Please Help

ddra.png

Do you have butterfly running? It says your offline, also looks like your using older version

Edited by johnboyjr

9 hours ago, johnboyjr said:

Do you have butterfly running? It says your offline, also looks like your using older version

yeah it was working fine a couple weeks ago then I loaded it up the other day and it wont let me past that screen anymore