topet2k12001

[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A20 (Konami) - UPDATED 2020

threadbanner-noalpha.png

HI Everyone,

This is an updated thread of the same topic found here. We weren't able to contact the OP so we just decided to make one that we can maintain/update!

Reasons for the creation of this thread:

• The original thread provides a link to DDR Ace (DDR A) which is data dump 20190422. Technically, that is not DDR A20 although it contains some A20 data already pre-loaded.
  • We are unable to contact the OP of the original/old thread in order to ask him/her to update the link to the data dump.
  • A long way has gone in terms of methods/procedures for setting up the game, DDR A20. Of course we give due credit to the people behind the original thread because they exerted efforts doing trial-and-error to make things work! However at this point, the procedures are already well-established and newcomers are having difficulties in looking for the proper procedures/steps/fixes, since the original thread had bits and pieces of information all over the place (which again, is because at that point, people were still doing trial-and-error). At this point we can already reorganize the information in a way that can easily be found/read, hence, the creation of this thread.

Table of contents:

Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQ)
Tools
Third-Party Stuff

Discord Server:

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Topic for old release here.

Edited by topet2k12001
old release mention for consistency

Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQ)

back to Table of Contents

(Note: this post is continuously updated as we encounter common issues and questions)

Q01: Where do I get a copy of the game?
A: The latest data dump, as of this writing, is 2020-02-03 that became available in early September 2020 and you may download it from

Hidden Content

. This is the "latest-and-greatest" as well as the "cleanest" data download as of this writing. As such, please do not download any older data dump like the "20190903" or the "20200203" that was made available earlier than early September 2020. There is no more reason nor benefit to do so.

Q02: Okay I already downloaded it. How do I install this?

A: Watch

Hidden Content

and use it as your guide for setting it up.

Q03: I'm a bit confused still. Can you give me a summary of steps?

A: Sure.

1. Register the DLLs (FAQ Q05)
  2. Optional/if applicable: download the two (2) file fixes in case you downloaded the game via MEGA link instead of torrent (FAQ Q06)
  3. Make sure you downloaded ea3-config.xml and place a copy inside your "prop" folder (FAQ Q08)
  4. Configure your settings via SpiceTools Configuration (FAQ Q09)
  5. Start/run

Hidden Content

(download a copy in the "Tools" section of this thread)
  6. Start/run the game using the Windows Batch file (.bat) provided (refer to FAQ Q07)

Q04: The background is plain black in the Music Selection screen. What's wrong?

A: You need to "register some DLL files" that are responsible for "playing" the background video during the Music Selection screen. There is an old video guide for setting up an older version of the data dump (this was for 2019-09-03). Follow the procedure ONLY from 3:21 to 4:31.

Hidden Content

is the said old video guide (credits to @kanor as this is his video originally).

Q05: I already registered the DLLs but the background is STILL plain black in the Music Selection screen. I'm running the game in Gold Cab Mode.

A: The actual video file that serves as the background is not part of the data dump (simply because the data dump is from a White/Blue Cab, not Gold Cab).

Hidden Content

is a link where you can download it. Once downloaded, place the video files (there are 2 of them) in "contents/data/mdb_apx/movie/background" folder (suggested by @g3nsvrv).

Q06: Speaking of Gold Cab...after playing a game, at around the end of the session, the game crashes. What's up with this?

A: The data dump was made available via torrent AND a MEGA link. This issue seems to be happening only to those who downloaded the game via the MEGA link. We have identified the cause; there are two (2) files that seem to be corrupted (maybe a bad upload).

Hidden Content

is a link where you can download the proper files that should fix the issue (look in contents/data/arc/bm2d). Once downloaded, place the files (there are 2 of them as well) in "contents/data/arc/bm2d" folder (suggested by @g3nsvrv).

Q07: My game is not starting/crashing. I looked at the logs and I don't understand what's causing the crash.

A: There are two (2) possible reasons:

1. The most typical error is related to "permission" in your game folders. Read the log from the bottom, going up, and look for lines that start with the letter "W" (which means Warning) or "F" (which means Failed). If you see any "Warning" messages related to "copy" or "read" then it means you have a "permissions" problem. To solve for this, simply uncheck/remove the "Read-Only" attribute of your entire game folder (right-click on your game folder, select Properties, and then uncheck/remove "Read-Only").

Here are some sample log screenshots, highlighting the error lines that indicate "permissions" issues, and a screenshot of how to clear the "Read-Only" permission.

screenshot-1603679582.png                 screenshot-1603680195.png       screenshot-1603681131.png

2. The other is, if you are totally new to this and setting this up for the very first time...the required folders were not created (see 2nd screenshot above with the yellow highlights) - credits to @g3nsvrv for this input (related solved issue by @ashs09750). You either have to create them manually which is a pain, so

Hidden Content

is a Windows Batch script (.bat) that you can use. :) When you click on the link, go inside the "contents" folder and you'll see a file named "gamestart-16_ddra20_20200203.bat" which you can download. Once downloaded, you may rename it to a shorter filename if you wish. It will not affect the functionality of that file.

3. To keep things simple, start the game following the steps in FAQ Q3 above.

Q08: It seems that the file ea3-config.xml is missing from this data dump! Where did it go?

A: I have re-created it and you can download it

Hidden Content

; located inside the "prop" folder. Just rename it to ea3-config.xml upon download and put it inside the "prop" folder of your copy of the game.

Q09: Where are the DLL files like gamemdx.dll, arkmdxp3.dll, arkmdxp4.dll, and the like? I can't launch the game without them!

A: They are called "modules" and they are located in the "modules" folder of your game. If you are using SpiceTools as your launcher, in the "Options" tab of SpiceTools Configuration you can actually specify the folder that contains all the "modules." Like this:

screenshot-1603678448.png

screenshot-1608036893.png 

Alternatively, you may copy the modules onto the main folder of your game ("contents"), however I like to keep as much files "untouched" as possible so what I personally do is I just specify the location of the modules via SpiceTools Configuration.

The screenshot above also serves as a general guide for configuring your settings via the SpiceTools Configuration tool. Alternatively, advanced users typically add these "options" by manually typing them onto a Windows Batch Script file (the "Parameter" column in the screenshot above are the "switches" that you can use to type in).

Q10: When I'm scrolling/navigating through the song selection wheel, the wheel seems to move very fast! Is there a fix?

A: Based on actual experience helping others out, the common observation is that they are using high-end video cards and/or they also have video card enhancements turned on (V-Sync, Tesselation, etc.). DDR A20 runs natively on HD 720p so 60fps is already considered "very good" graphics for the game. So in addition to disabling video card enhancements, see if you can "downscale" your videocard's FPS to just 60 fps.

Q11: The song seems laggy/arrows are jittery during gameplay. Is there something wrong with my download/game?

A: Same as the above; high-end video card and/or using video card enhancements (turn them off). Or you have too many background programs running (turn them off as well).

Q12: I want to switch to "Gold Cab Mode;" how do I do this?

A: As of this writing, the latest release of SpiceTools (October 13, 2020) has a built-in "Patches" tab where users can simply toggle some checkboxes for enabling/disabling some non-standard behavior of the game. This is the most convenient method so far that doesn't involve having to manually perform some hackery (hackery is still involved but SpiceTools just makes it convenient).

Q13: When playing the game on "Gold Cab Mode," the game seems to be totally off-sync! What do I do?

A: You have to adjust it. Member @kanor has written about this in detail, here.

Q14: I want to enable Dark Background, and/or enable Fast/Slow, and/or remove the horizontal lines, and/or change my Dancing Characters. How to do this?

A: In the official arcade version, these are "e-Amusement" options which users configure through the e-Amusement's website (you have to register for a free account and log in to change these settings). Since we are unofficially playing the game, we are making use of an "emulated e-Amusement" server, called butterfly. You may watch

Hidden Content

as your guide, starting 1:15. Alternatively if you prefer written instructions, you may refer to

Hidden Content

Q15: What is the Bemanipatcher? Do I need to use it?
A: Bemanipatcher is one of the first convenient methods around (as opposed to manual hackery i.e. hex editing), before other "tools" like the new "Patches" tab of SpiceTools...or ddrhax...were made available. Bemanipatcher has been recently updated to also support the latest data dump (2020-02-03).

Hidden Content

. You basically drag-and-drop your gamemdx.dll file, apply the "mods/patches" you want, and your gamemdx.dll will now be modified accordingly. Put it back to your game folder and start the game.

Another justification for the use of Bemanipatcher is when you are playing on other online servers. Since you don't have direct access/control to the database of such servers, you won't be able to directly modify some settings as easily as you can with butterfly. Your only alternative, therefore, would be "hex edits" (a.k.a. "mods/patches") by patching your gamemdx.dll file through Bemanipatcher, or the similar new feature that is now built-in with SpiceTools.

One other justification perhaps is when you're using a dedicated arcade cabinet for playing since arcade cabinets typically don't come with keyboards and mouse that are easily accessible. Some cab owners build their own startup scripts so that there is no more need for additional human intervention (e.g. using mouse and keyboard), so patching the gamemdx.dll file in advance and loading it to the dedicated cab setup is sometimes the approach taken in this case. And this makes Bemanipatcher a convenient tool in the said situation.

screenshot-1603372167.png

Q16: What is ddrhax?

A: Sometime before SpiceTools got updated recently (October 13, 2020) to include the new "Patches" tab/feature, the convenient method of applying the "mods/patches" was through a file called ddrhax. It's a DLL file (so the file is formally called ddrhax.dll) that you load via the "Options" tab of SpiceTools Configuration and you edit a text file to suit your preferred patches. Now that SpiceTools' Configuration Tool already has the "Patches" tab built-in, ddrhax may no longer be needed - although there is one "option/feature" available in ddrhax that is not yet natively implemented in SpiceTools which is the "Force DDR Selection" option. In this regard, you may still load ddrhax.dll only for that purpose. For enabling/disabling all other mods, use the "Patches" tab. And then for "e-Amusement options" I recommend enabling/disabling them via butterfly as mentioned in the previous question and answer.

Q17: So there's Bemanipatcher...there's SpiceTools with their new "Patches" feature...ddrhax (???)...and butterfly. It's so confusing!

A: Practically speaking, the available "mods" or "patches" that you can find in the "Patches" tab of SpiceTools are also present/available in Bemanipatcher. Some of these "mods/patches" are natively available in butterfly too (as per the previous question and answer). You don't need to perform the same patches on various tools; just choose one. Also sometimes you will notice that some "mods/patches" are available in only one of them, so use accordingly and as needed.

To give a short illustration, here are the similarities of the tools.

screenshot-1603372709.png

screenshot-1603371572.png

Q18: Looks like everything is covered by SpiceTools and Bemanipatcher. What is the use of butterfly, then?

A: While it seems that they are all doing the same thing, they are essentially not the same.

• SpiceTools (as well as Bemanitools): this acts as the "launcher" of the game.
  • Bemanipatcher: this tool is dedicated to only "mods/patches." Just recently, SpiceTools was able to integrate the same functionality.
  • butterfly: this is an "e-Amusement emulator." It does what it says - it emulates an e-Amusement service so that it appears that the game is "online and connected to e-Amusement." The accompanying database that it generates (butterfly.sqlite) is the database of all your scores, progress, settings, etc. in the game.

You are REQUIRED to run butterfly EACH TIME, if you want to play the game as if it were in the official arcades (related solved issue by @ArcVile). Visit the

Hidden Content

to know how to use and set it up.

Q19: Do I have to separately click/launch butterfly, and then my launcher of choice (SpiceTools/Bemanitools)? Can't I just make a .bat file?

A: We actually have our own creations which we will be posting in the "3rd-party Tools" portion of this thread (though they haven't been updated yet).  In the meantime, yes! Definitely, you can make your own .bat (Windows Batch) file.

Q20: I am an expert and I want to manually perform the hex edits.

A:

Hidden Content

is a compiled spreadsheet of hex edits available. Likewise you may visit the

Hidden Content

where you can also see the list of hex edits. You may use them as your reference.

Q21: Oh, so butterfly is just one of those servers just like Arcana, Enigma, and the like?

A: Well, yes and no. The beauty of butterfly is its ability to be run either online (yes, just like Arcana or Enigma or such) or offline (locally). Plus, the original author of butterfly has made his work open source, so people can actually see what's happening "under the hood" as well as use it for their own builds or even contribute/improve the code! And the fact that it can be run locally means that you, as the user, have better control over the server. This is a good thing for scenarios when you want to host a local game with your friends (e.g. they come over to your place to play). Not all servers are open source and allow local/personal usage, so these are "plus points" for butterfly! Credits to @skogaby for this awesome creation!

Q22: Will I be able to keep my scores and progress from [Arcana/Enigma/server xyz] when I use butterfly/vice-versa?

A: Each server stores data in their respective database, so the answer will be no.

Note: the game itself doesn't hold/keep data on your scores and progress that's why you need to run a server along with the game. Old "solutions" like EaLocalServer.exe, or main.exe, or turning on -ea or -eamaint options in SpiceTools, are not fully-featured server emulators (unlike butterfly/Arcana/Enigma and the like). They can make the semblance of being Online but there is no database management feature that goes with these, as opposed to fully-featured servers like butterfly. This therefore explains why using any of these will only start the game in Maintenance Mode and/or Local Mode and will not save your scores/progress.

Q23: I played using [Arcana/Enigma/Server xyz] and after each game my scores don't save. Is this an ongoing problem?

A: This is out of the scope of this thread, but what we do know is that if you're playing a song that isn't listed in that server's database, then the score wouldn't be saved (responded by @tw3nz0r; related solved problem by @SoggyRice).

Q24: So this "latest butterfly version 1.3.1" is made by @skogaby himself?

A: The current version (1.3.1) of butterfly is an "unofficial build," built by yours truly (@topet2k12001). I call my personal builds "unofficial" only for the sake of distinction from the builds made by the original author himself, but I do use the official source code of butterfly for my builds. I also implemented a few allowable modifications in my builds and I also consult with the original author himself from time to time.

You may view the source code made by the original author himself through his GitHub,

Hidden Content

You may view the source code of my builds through my GitHub,

Hidden Content

. This is also where I officially publish my personal builds of butterfly.

Q25: So I'm using the latest SpiceTools (Oct. 13, 2020 build). I can't seem to properly start up Player 2! Back then I just had to turn on/off the NumLock button. What's up with this?

A: The latest SpiceTools Configuration now separately implements the "Keypad Button" bindings. Moving forward we have to separately map the keypad buttons for Player 1 and Player 2.

TIP: since I use the number pad of the keyboard for Player 2 "arrows/panels" when playing, I mapped the "P2 Keypad Buttons" to the row of keys just below the actual row of number keys (see screenshot below).

screenshot-1603455551.png

Q26: I have Java 8 installed on my computer and it got updated recently to version xxx (as of this writing, Java 8 Update 271). Since then, butterfly 1.3.1 seems to be crashing.

A: This is an issue related to Java updates for those who are using Java 8 on their computers, not butterfly. Quick solution: uninstall Java completely (all versions that you have), restart your computer, reinstall the Java version in question (as of this writing it's Java 8 Update 271), restart your computer again, and finally run butterfly 1.3.1. I have personally tested this and butterfly 1.3.1 is working fine on my end.

Q27: Windows Defender (or my anti-virus) is flagging your work as a virus.

A: I can't do anything about it. That's just how your anti-virus works. Either you have to "trust" my work by adding it to the "Exceptions" list of your anti-virus, or don't use my work if you have doubts. You may also inspect my work for malicious code since it's open source; just visit my GitHub if you want to inspect it. Or, you can make your own build of butterfly since the official/original source code is also open source (that's how I made my own builds too anyway).

Q28: I start butterfly...it shows the intro screen, and then the initialization screen with lots of text, and then it suddently exits! Help!

A: First, we need to start butterfly in a way that it won't close/exit so that we can capture any error message/s, if any.

1. Start a new command line (CMD)
  2. In CMD, navigate to your "contents" directory
  3. Run butterfly by typing butterfly.exe (or whatever filename it is)

This way, when butterfly itself exits with an error, the CMD window stays open and you can capture the entire error message.

One typical error encountered by users is something like this screenshot (credits to @axel093 as he actually encountered this):

screenshot-1603857052.png

As I have illustrated, sometimes other programs (screen recording programs are the usual suspect) or having a web server running can cause Port 80 to be utilized, so butterfly will "complain" about it. Free up Port 80 (either by exiting/uninstalling/stopping the program causing it) so that butterfly can run properly.

Q29: I play the game on a dedicated arcade cabinet. I tried everything; I followed all steps using SpiceTools but the game keeps on crashing!

A: Based on feedback by actual dedicated cab owners, Bemanitools works better. Just today (October 27, 2020) I helped member @Swissychief with his issue. He runs a dedicated cabinet. We followed all set-up procedures. The only time that the game started up properly without any crash is when I advised him to try using Bemanitools. Consider this option if you are playing the game on a dedicated cabinet.

Q30: My home or DIY pad doesn't work well with the game + SpiceTools. It doesn't seem to be able to recognize a combined up+down or left+right simultaneous press/step.

A: There have been reports of some (not all) home/DIY pads that have this issue. There is a fix provided by @Kurisu here.

Q31: When running ddr_scat.ext I get a "FAILED PACKAGE INTEGRITY CHECK" error.

A: See

Hidden Content

from the butterfly (UNOFFICIAL) GitHub.

(Note: this post is continuously updated as we encounter common issues and questions)

Edited by topet2k12001
Added FAQ Q31

Tools

• Hidden Content

(e-Amusement emulated server)
  • Hidden Content

(this acts as the "launcher" for the game- this link will always give you the entire "folder;" download only the latest version)
  • Hidden Content

(this acts as the "launcher" for the game - this link will always give you the latest version)
  • Hidden Content

(applying "mods/patches" or "hacks" to the game)
  • Hidden Content

(applying "mods/patches" or "hacks" to the game; used as an "add-on" to SpiceTools)
Edited by topet2k12001
Updated link to Bemanitools

Third-Party Stuff

This section is for 3rd-party "mod packs" (modification packs), tools, and other creations intended for the game!

Tools

SpiceCompanion ("phone app version" of SpiceTools): credits to @Crafty The Fox for sharing this! You can read about it here.

Mods

Modified jacket/thumbnail for "Flowers (Hana Ranman)" credits to @B4SH-T; get it

Hidden Content

(Note: this post is going to be continuously updated as other users/members share what they have)

Edited by topet2k12001

Hi guys, i played the ddr a couple of days and today the game only launch a white screen,after that the games closes,here is the log

Hidden Content

I dont touch anything of the game in this days,so maybe spiocetools problem ??

28 minutes ago, GAMAXEDGE26 said:

Hi guys, i played the ddr a couple of days and today the game only launch a white screen,after that the games closes,here is the log

I dont touch anything of the game in this days,so maybe spiocetools problem ??

Hi,

Send the entire log please, not just a portion of it. Attach the file.

8 minutes ago, GAMAXEDGE26 said:

@topet2k12001 here is the log file

Hidden Content

I don't see anything else other than the EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION.

1. You were mentioning that maybe this is a SpiceTools problem. Did you make changes in SpiceTools?
  2. Clear the "Read-Only" attribute of the entire "contents" folder.
  3. DO NOT run spice.exe as Administrator. Or any .bat file that launches spice.exe.
  4. Are you sure you didn't touch anything from the previous time your game was working? It doesn't ruin itself unless the user does something.
Edited by topet2k12001

Thanks for the answer, the last 2 days the unique change i do is the cab type in the spicetools,after that nothing more,i re download spice tools and same problem :(

23 minutes ago, GAMAXEDGE26 said:

Thanks for the answer, the last 2 days the unique change i do is the cab type in the spicetools,after that nothing more,i re download spice tools and same problem :(

After you did the Cab Type change in Spicetools, that's when the problem started to happen?

6 hours ago, GAMAXEDGE26 said:

Yep, but the fun fact is this, i have a clean copy of the A20 and the problem persist with this 2 versions using spice tools

Hi @GAMAXEDGE26

Thanks for this important detail. At least it's clearer now.

I haven't had problems with Cab Type 6 on the latest data dump, but that's probably because I did it via manual hex editing. So you're saying that the problem occurred when enabling Cab Type 6 through the "Patches" tab of SpiceTools, right? By checking the box that says "Enable Cab Type 6" right?

So, if you DON'T use the said patch...does the game work fine? I'm assuming it should since I am using the latest SpiceTools as well but I'm not using the "Patches" feature (since I already have Cab Type 6 enabled prior). Can you try? On a fresh A20 "latest dump," use SpiceTools (but DON'T use the "Patches" tab) and report back? In the meantime you may enable Cab Type 6 through other means, such as using Bemanipatcher or manually hex editing your gamemdx.dll file as I have stated in the FAQ post.

I'll give it a test myself and if it's indeed a problem, then we should probably report it to the creators of SpiceTools.

TIP: JOIN US VIA

Hidden Content

! MOST OF THE FOLKS ARE THERE SO YOU CAN GET HELP REAL-TIME. :)

Edited by topet2k12001

Butterfly (1.3.1) seems to be crashing. I run the .exe, it initializes, but then it writes stuff real fast and closes automatically. I have Java 8 (271) installed... not sure what's going on :/

58 minutes ago, Swissychief said:

Butterfly (1.3.1) seems to be crashing. I run the .exe, it initializes, but then it writes stuff real fast and closes automatically. I have Java 8 (271) installed... not sure what's going on :/

That is a Java update issue, not butterfly. Java 8 update 271 is very new, released a few days ago (I think October 20th, 2020). I noticed that too. I am running butterfly 1.3.1 fine without issue on Java 8 Update 271.

Steps done:

1. Uninstall all currently installed Java (including 271)
  2. Restart your computer
  3. Install (latest as of this writing) Java 8 update 271
  4. Restart your computer again
  5. Run butterfly 1.3.1

Update: Added your question to FAQ

Edited by topet2k12001

Ya also, seems like windows is flagging the .exe as a virus, so it might also be stopping it from running. Gonna have to test put a few possibilities here.

Man, getting my new pad sensors on Monday, so I'm super pumped to get everything running by then! Hehe got a converted Extreme cab that wants to run this :D

45 minutes ago, Swissychief said:

Ya also, seems like windows is flagging the .exe as a virus, so it might also be stopping it from running. Gonna have to test put a few possibilities here.

Man, getting my new pad sensors on Monday, so I'm super pumped to get everything running by then! Hehe got a converted Extreme cab that wants to run this :D

I can't do anything about it. That's typical of Windows to falsely flag 3rd-party executables as a virus, so it's not a butterfly issue either. You have to mark or add the file to the "Exceptions" so that it won't be flagged moving forward. I think it was designed that way, so that there is "full user consent" that a certain executable is to be trusted.

Also butterfly is open source so anyone who doubts it can inspect it. You can check the entire source code in my GitHub, or the GitHub of the original author.

Edited by topet2k12001

9 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

I can't do anything about it. That's typical of Windows to falsely flag 3rd-party executables as a virus, so it's not a butterfly issue either. You have to mark or add the file to the "Exceptions" so that it won't be flagged moving forward. I think it was designed that way, so that there is "full user consent" that a certain executable is to be trusted.

Also butterfly is open source so anyone who doubts it can inspect it. You can check the entire source code in my GitHub, or the GitHub of the original author.

So my Butterfly issue was solved by adding an Exception to Windows Defender. Basically you need to Exclude the .exe, not the folder. And it should work. 

However I now get a 5-2600-0000 network error, but that's typically because the EA-config file is not ok... gonna check out why that is happening.

21 minutes ago, Swissychief said:

So my Butterfly issue was solved by adding an Exception to Windows Defender. Basically you need to Exclude the .exe, not the folder. And it should work. 

However I now get a 5-2600-0000 network error, but that's typically because the EA-config file is not ok... gonna check out why that is happening.

Yes, that's what I said in my previous response to you: "file" and not "folder." :)

Keep it simple: watch the video I uploaded for "how to install;" the link is in the FAQ post. Your particular issue about ea3-config.xml is covered in the video guide. IN the video there's a part where you can change the "URL" right from SpiceTools configuration. The URL not being set correctly causes the 5-2600-0000 error.

Reference:

Hidden Content

Edited by topet2k12001

Still getting errors. Could you send me your XML file so I can see if I broke it somehow? Thanks!

Really not sure what's not working here, as I've gotten DDR A to run in the past on another PC...

Edited by Swissychief

3 hours ago, Swissychief said:

Still getting errors. Could you send me your XML file so I can see if I broke it somehow? Thanks!

Really not sure what's not working here, as I've gotten DDR A to run in the past on another PC...

I already shared mine publicly and made a lengthy post about it in the old thread, here.

Actually a cleaner way to do it is:

1. In SpiceTools config, go to "Options" tab. There's a field for users to manually enter the URL. You just type "http: //localhost" there (without the quotes), since that's what butterfly requires.
  2. This is "cleaner" in that users don't need to manually edit the ea3-config.xml file. Keeps the file in its "pristine/untouched" state.

The post from the old thread that I linked was how I used to do it (i.e. opening ea3-config and manually editing it) because when I got to learn about all of this data dump scene, that's how everyone else was doing it. However, right now I'm doing it the "clean" way as I have just described (i.e. enter the URL in SpiceTools configuration).

Edited by topet2k12001

Hi! I'm using Arcana for this version to save my scores. It shows up in their website and it keeps my scores. However, when I got back into the save (after all 3 songs), the game itself doesn't save my scores. Is this an ongoing problem? Is there a fix to this? It does show up other people's scores tho.

8 minutes ago, SoggyRice said:

Hi! I'm using Arcana for this version to save my scores. It shows up in their website and it keeps my scores. However, when I got back into the save (after all 3 songs), the game itself doesn't save my scores. Is this an ongoing problem? Is there a fix to this? It does show up other people's scores tho.

It looks like your question is Arcana-related. Sorry, but Arcana is a totally different server so it's out of our scope. We can answer questions related to butterfly though.

Possibility 1: On butterfly, that problem existed before (perhaps last year's builds - 2019), but not 2020 builds of butterfly. But at this point in time I highly doubt you are using 2019 builds of butterfly.

Possibility 2: are you looking to have your scores retained even after logging out of Arcana? I believe whatever scores you recorded with Arcana, stays with Arcana. So if you switch to butterfly, your scores from Arcana would definitely not be present. The same applies to butterfly: any scores your recorded with butterfly, stays with butterfly too.

Not sure which one of the two your issue really is, but I wrote them both anyway.

Edited by topet2k12001

4 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

I already shared mine publicly and made a lengthy post about it in the old thread, here.

Actually a cleaner way to do it is:

1. In SpiceTools config, go to "Options" tab. There's a field for users to manually enter the URL. You just type "http: //localhost" there (without the quotes), since that's what butterfly requires.
  2. This is "cleaner" in that users don't need to manually edit the ea3-config.xml file. Keeps the file in its "pristine/untouched" state.

The post from the old thread that I linked was how I used to do it (i.e. opening ea3-config and manually editing it) because when I got to learn about all of this data dump scene, that's how everyone else was doing it. However, right now I'm doing it the "clean" way as I have just described (i.e. enter the URL in SpiceTools configuration).

Ya, right now nothing seems to be working. Still getting the 2600 error even with your XML. I green lit all the Butterfly files with windows defender... I'm really not sure what's going on right now.

1 hour ago, Swissychief said:

Ya, right now nothing seems to be working. Still getting the 2600 error even with your XML. I green lit all the Butterfly files with windows defender... I'm really not sure what's going on right now.

I have an idea: please share both your ea3-config.xml, as well as log.txt. Try to start the game first up to the time you get the error and only then send log.txt so that the log file fully captures whatever error it is. They're safe to be shared publicly since those files don't contain any personally-identifiable information.

How are you configuring your startup/launch settings or options? Is it by editing a .bat file manually, or through SpiceTools Configuration? If you're doing it via SpiceTools Configuration please share the complete screenshot/s as well.

Edited by topet2k12001

4 minutes ago, g3nsvrv said:

I was wondering when this will come. thanks @topet2k12001 for making this new thread, is amazingly helpful, I hope you can post the videos for gold cabinet and the spreadsheet for the haxx too.

You're welcome...what do you mean video for the Gold Cab?

Spreadsheet of hex edits is already in the FAQ.

12 hours ago, topet2k12001 said:

You're welcome...what do you mean video for the Gold Cab?

Spreadsheet of hex edits is already in the FAQ.

Yes, the gold cabinet videos (SHA256 FILENAME):

02808cb03e2573dd5dd079bc72e252714e0a777aa154e89a0c6ad66a2ec75057  ddra20_bg_gold_hd.m2v
5bc449cd59b01a1830dbba474057eb7929d5bdd29ecc62c2196a6ec9aedd0fae  ddra20_bg_gold_sd.m2v

And also the patches for (SHA256 FILENAME):

7c8a1cbb6bba9bb15e1a51887efe1fa3a54dfc49700ba3b2e4335cb8e6d711c7  scene_game_over_lang_eng_v1.arc
c2a53b2f304154120ce169f6b9c6ff5016749f3a655715e389aa6b75a9fc9d14  scene_game_over_lang_jpn_v1.arc

I haven't saw the mega link, but could be included there.

35 minutes ago, g3nsvrv said:

Yes, the gold cabinet videos (SHA256 FILENAME):

02808cb03e2573dd5dd079bc72e252714e0a777aa154e89a0c6ad66a2ec75057  ddra20_bg_gold_hd.m2v
5bc449cd59b01a1830dbba474057eb7929d5bdd29ecc62c2196a6ec9aedd0fae  ddra20_bg_gold_sd.m2v

And also the patches for (SHA256 FILENAME):

7c8a1cbb6bba9bb15e1a51887efe1fa3a54dfc49700ba3b2e4335cb8e6d711c7  scene_game_over_lang_eng_v1.arc
c2a53b2f304154120ce169f6b9c6ff5016749f3a655715e389aa6b75a9fc9d14  scene_game_over_lang_jpn_v1.arc

I haven't saw the mega link, but could be included there.

Ah okay, I initially thought you were asking me to record a video. :) Now it's clear you meant the video files.

The "fixes" for two files aren't necessary if users are downloading the torrent itself and not the MEGA link, but sure I'll add this to the FAQ as well.

Update: done. FAQ has been updated.

Edited by topet2k12001

23 hours ago, SoggyRice said:

Arcana

Arcana doesn't have any of the newer songs in its database. If the song isn't there, it won't save, period.

Thanks for the upload! I have just few questions:

1)following the guide on configuring & starting the game, can I make .bat file and use that to run the game? Or do i always need to click on butterfly, then spicetool file?

2)Related to question #1, if .bat file can be made, is -w -ea the only thing I need to add? Or is there additional commands I need to add?

3)can this version of DDR be patched at mon.im?

hace 1 hora, ArcVile dijo:

Thanks for the upload! I have just few questions:

1)following the guide on configuring & starting the game, can I make .bat file and use that to run the game? Or do i always need to click on butterfly, then spicetool file?

2)Related to question #1, if .bat file can be made, is -w -ea the only thing I need to add? Or is there additional commands I need to add?

3)can this version of DDR be patched at mon.im?

1) Yes, I have it that way and I can launch both. 

2)I don't know what are you trying to do since you are asking for butterfly first but you are mentioning a contradiction. 

Butterfly: is an offline server which can SAVES YOUR SCORES. 

"-ea" command: this runs an offline server for the game, getting the game to run on Maintenance Mode. Aside from butterfly, this doesn't let you save your progress. 

"-w" command: this command runs the game on Windowed Mode, aside from running it fullscreen. 

3) Yes, but if I remember correctly, latest spice build has the same patches in the UI. This is already mentioned in the FAQ post. 

good afternoon community I have a problem I hope you can help me download everything ise to the letter the indications but it does not catch me some solution attached file of the problem help

Hidden Content

hace 2 horas, ashs09750 dijo:

good afternoon community I have a problem I hope you can help me download everything ise to the letter the indications but it does not catch me some solution attached file of the problem help

Hidden Content

Damn boi, you have a salad of arguments, try to run the game only  with the spice argument, and tell us if the igssue persist. (or run the spice.exe by itself) 

Checking your arguments you are using and also running modules which doesn't need to be mentioned. 

For example you have:

Hidden Content

Try running this for example:

spice -ddr -url http://localhost -p (PCBID) arkmdxp3.dll

Edited by B4SH-T