[Arcade PC] Dance Dance Revolution A20 and A20 PLUS (Konami) - UPDATED 2021

topet2k12001

On 7/21/2022 at 4:50 AM, NoctsRanun said:

Yep. 2022070400 for now.

I think that 2022070400 is actually just a mislabeled 2022062001.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/21/2022 at 11:20 PM, JoNB3x said:

Already download the update file  ;) thank 

issues:

-> After play a song and get the scxreen result game crash and close (I thought that the theme gold could affect and that is why the crash so I put the .dll as factory but still I have the same crash ) 

thank to everyone

those videos exist on the update file you must install K-lite codec in the last version 

https://codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_mega.htm

image.png

image.png

I believe the video file you have highlighted in your screen shot is the standard A3 background animation, and not the video for the gold cab that SYNTHSPC had asked about which has more of a magenta/purple-ish hue to it as seen in polivosm's post. It doesn't appear to be present in your screenshot either.

On 7/24/2022 at 4:08 PM, Arthema said:

I've been having this issue where Asphyxia does save scores, but it saves the last score no matter if that score is lower than the previous one. 😞 do you know how to fix this ?   I checked the plugin's code but with no luck on how to fix it.

image.png.383722348829d5dfde7b491831b92300.png

I'm glad you pointed this out, I had been using Asphyxia and had the sense that something was wrong with my scores, but I thought it was failing to save at all, not overwriting scores every time.

I went through the exposed code like you have and made a very hacky solution. I think the real 'issue' is more to do with how it appears Asphyxia goes through the DDR DB file on launch and cuts out duplicate entries, but always keeps the latest. But that's just a guess, I didn't go through Asphyxia's code, I just assumed it would be out of my depth and I'd more quickly invent a fix on the plugin side.

I'm confident my solution is a bad hack and it may have consequences I haven't seen yet, but from my limited messing around, it works. Beneath line 207 in usergamedata.ts, insert the following block:

const scores = await DB.Find<Score>(refId, { collection: "score" });
let newHigh = false;
let found = false;

for (const sc of scores) {
	if (sc.songId == songId && sc.difficulty == difficulty) {
  		found = true;
  		if (sc.score < score) {
        	newHigh = true;
		}
	}
}

if (newHigh || !found) {
 (...upsert blocks...)
}

Make sure to put the final if statement above the two following upsert blocks, and close the bracket after them. This way, the upserts will not fire unless a score exists and is lower than the score you are trying to save. I don't know if my check that the song exists is necessary, but I was worried this doesn't work correctly if you are beating a song for the first time and thought I'd just toss it in there.

I have updated from A20+ to A3 and everything seems fine until it reaches test mode it'll freeze and crash. if I run a20+ it works fine but if I update and try to run the game it crashes at test mode. can someone please help me

En 28/7/2022 a las 17:16, DasRU dijo:

Make sure to put the final if statement above the two following upsert blocks, and close the bracket after them. This way, the upserts will not fire unless a score exists and is lower than the score you are trying to save. I don't know if my check that the song exists is necessary, but I was worried this doesn't work correctly if you are beating a song for the first time and thought I'd just toss it in there.

could you upload a screenshot of how the final code looks?, is that it gives me an error

On 7/28/2022 at 4:16 PM, DasRU said:

I'm glad you pointed this out, I had been using Asphyxia and had the sense that something was wrong with my scores, but I thought it was failing to save at all, not overwriting scores every time.

I went through the exposed code like you have and made a very hacky solution. I think the real 'issue' is more to do with how it appears Asphyxia goes through the DDR DB file on launch and cuts out duplicate entries, but always keeps the latest. But that's just a guess, I didn't go through Asphyxia's code, I just assumed it would be out of my depth and I'd more quickly invent a fix on the plugin side.

I'm confident my solution is a bad hack and it may have consequences I haven't seen yet, but from my limited messing around, it works. Beneath line 207 in usergamedata.ts, insert the following block:

const scores = await DB.Find<Score>(refId, { collection: "score" });
let newHigh = false;
let found = false;

for (const sc of scores) {
	if (sc.songId == songId && sc.difficulty == difficulty) {
  		found = true;
  		if (sc.score < score) {
        	newHigh = true;
		}
	}
}

if (newHigh || !found) {
 (...upsert blocks...)
}

Thank you @DasRU!!! now I see that the game is storing only the highest score. I think it is a really great workaround even though it does not store the World, Area and machine records 😞 sadly.

I have another question about the "score differentiator" (I don't know how it is called) I see  that no matters what score you have, it thinks the score it is = 0 and always sums up the score of every arrow grade (I don't know if I made myself clear). here it is a picture. 

1296773232_Scoredifference.png.90427039a4393dd0f9be72f713d9b535.png

Maybe it is not really comparing the arrow grades between the highest score and the current score?  maybe it is not storing the arrow grades ?

Edited by Arthema
Updating text

Where do you find an Asphyxia plugin that works with the A3 data? I downloaded the source from the GitHub linked and ran Asphyxia, but when I attempt to insert a card, I get a "Network is Busy" error.

En 16/7/2022 a las 11:07, NotEarl dijo:

I've been using A3 with Asphyxia 1.40d and it saves scores. 

https://github.com/drmext/plugins

I hope this can help some who want to play the game with saved scores.

@LimKumYou can download here and asphyxia works great to save scores

Edited by santiago97

4 minutes ago, santiago97 said:

@LimKumYou can download here and asphyxia works great to save scores

This is what I downloaded for the DDR plugin. I ran Asphyxia 1.40d used Spicetools to launch A3. When I pressed the "+" button to use a card, I got a "Network is Busy" error.

@LimKum

There could be several reasons, check that the card codes match in asphyxia and spicetools, another reason could be the localhost and the port with which spicetools works, at first it didn't work for me because I didn't have the card codes properly configured cards at spicetools

En 5/8/2022 a las 0:48, LimKum dijo:

This is what I downloaded for the DDR plugin. I ran Asphyxia 1.40d used Spicetools to launch A3. When I pressed the "+" button to use a card, I got a "Network is Busy" error.

1.-copy the ea3-config in prop
2.-in spicecfg go to card and generate a new one
3.-in the spicecfg go to options and in service url put the one that gives you the Asphyxia Core as in the image.
with that it should work, at least it worked for me that way

fsdf.png

ea3-config.xml