Sign in to follow this  
Cartoonish Weeb

SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom Bowling [DVD Restore Software]

I purchased this from Chicago Gaming over the phone. Here is the DVD restore software for SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom Bowling published in 2007 by Chicago Gaming and developed by Play Mechanix

image.png.de82987892c9edd03734053dbf5c14c7.png

GDRIVE LINK:

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

cool :very-good:

I found some interesting stuff inside the game's files.

I was able to install the game through a virtual machine.  It boots to the loading screen, and then blacks in and out and back to the loading screen.  It probably needs a dongle or I/O board to load the game correctly, so until there is a dongle, the game is uncracked.  It runs on SLAX Linux OS, so it will be hard to crack this one.

Using another OS to boot the VM from I can get into the game's files.  A lot of sounds were borrowed from Big Buck Hunter such as shotgun and bell sounds.  Music is nothing special; only 2 music tracks to listen to.  A lot of character speech, SpongeBob, Patrick, etc. is taken from old episodes of Spongebob (most of it is from Season 1).  There's also some new recordings with only Spongebob used in Attract Mode and throughout the game.

That's all.  Spongebob Bowling and Nicktoons Nitro are the only 2 games that Chicago Gaming has worked on with Play Mechanix and Raw Thrills.

On 6/23/2020 at 11:54 AM, RandomAccessGamer said:

I found some interesting stuff inside the game's files.

I was able to install the game through a virtual machine.  It boots to the loading screen, and then blacks in and out and back to the loading screen.  It probably needs a dongle or I/O board to load the game correctly, so until there is a dongle, the game is uncracked.  It runs on SLAX Linux OS, so it will be hard to crack this one.

Using another OS to boot the VM from I can get into the game's files.  A lot of sounds were borrowed from Big Buck Hunter such as shotgun and bell sounds.  Music is nothing special; only 2 music tracks to listen to.  A lot of character speech, SpongeBob, Patrick, etc. is taken from old episodes of Spongebob (most of it is from Season 1).  There's also some new recordings with only Spongebob used in Attract Mode and throughout the game.

That's all.  Spongebob Bowling and Nicktoons Nitro are the only 2 games that Chicago Gaming has worked on with Play Mechanix and Raw Thrills.

Another thing that I found particularly interesting is that in the music files, there is a folder called "jfishin" and it has music for another SpongeBob arcade game called "SpongeBob SquarePants: Jellyfishing"

image.png.895a13dca2ad4526b1798bdfc2d7fa26.png