spiderzsoft

[Arcade PC] Crazy Speed Arcade (UNIS Technology)

Ok, after a lots of test I got it working not perfectly but at least playable.

I'm on WiN10 last build and I did that :

Unpacked the game, copy the v1.2, copy only WineD3D and edited the inis for the weird controls.

Thanks a lot @ducon2016 for your work and thanks to all involved!

Hope it will progress always better :)

CHEERs

Edited by nohero

@ducon2016 Alors pour moi avec le dernier fix + dgvoodoo je passe en mode fenetré vers le debut du jeu (entre la selection de la voiture e tle debut de la course) C'est pas bien mechant il me suffit de refaire alt+ entrée mais tu saurais comment regler ce soucis ?

A savoir que si je vire dgvoodoo j'ai plus le probleme mais je perd tous les avantages graphiques (retros,ect..)

Merci encore pour le super taff

Edited by Trymado

8 hours ago, ViRuS-MaN said:

j ai modifier dans le dgvoodoo et ca fonctionne aussi , le probleme c est que j ai la manette qui reponds pas bien , sans rien faire la direction bouge seule

7 hours ago, fire10 said:

Yes I have the jumping around controller too

7 hours ago, Gougoule said:

même problème que Virus-Man avec la manette qui saute un peu dans tous les sens dans le menu. une idée ?

If you have issues in the menus make sure Crazy_Speed\Client\DATABASE\RuntimeSettings\AnalogAdjust.ini has the following values:

[Steer]
min = 0.0
max = 1.0

[Accelerator]
min = 0.0
max = 1.0

[Brake]
min = 0.0
max = 1.0

Il y a 3 heures, ducon2016 a dit :

If you have issues in the menus make sure Crazy_Speed\Client\DATABASE\RuntimeSettings\AnalogAdjust.ini has the following values:

[Steer]
min = 0.0
max = 1.0

[Accelerator]
min = 0.0
max = 1.0

[Brake]
min = 0.0
max = 1.0

merci Ducon, désolé j'avais manqué tes autres messages sur le sujet ! 

I tried a bit everything on win10 (dgVoodooCpl, wine, nothing, Win 7 and XP compatibility) and with my Nvida card (GTX 980) the game is still very slow. I'm barelly getting 5 FPS :( I tried to play with the ini and dgVoodooCpl without too much success (getting 10 FPS from time to time)...

any idea of what I could be missing ? anybody willing to share it's Win10 setup ?

thank you

11 minutes ago, Gougoule said:

I tried a bit everything on win10 (dgVoodooCpl, wine, nothing, Win 7 and XP compatibility) and with my Nvida card (GTX 980) the game is still very slow. I'm barelly getting 5 FPS :( I tried to play with the ini and dgVoodooCpl without too much success (getting 10 FPS from time to time)...

any idea of what I could be missing ? anybody willing to share it's Win10 setup ?

thank you

Problems in the rendering engine. Looking into it now. On my machine I do not have AA/Anisotropic/Rearview without dgVoodoo, so trying to find why that is a and see if I can fix it. Not sure I can but looking into it.

Il y a 9 heures, ducon2016 a dit :

Problems in the rendering engine. Looking into it now. On my machine I do not have AA/Anisotropic/Rearview without dgVoodoo, so trying to find why that is a and see if I can fix it. Not sure I can but looking into it.

merci encore pour ton temps Ducon2016 ! thank you very much for your feedback. just let us know :)

7 minutes ago, Gougoule said:

merci encore pour ton temps Ducon2016 ! thank you very much for your feedback. just let us know :)

Tu peux essayer ca?

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Vire d3d9.dll avant d'essayer pour etre sur de ne plus avoir dgvoodoo or wined3d

Il y a 2 heures, ducon2016 a dit :

Tu peux essayer ca?

Hidden Content

Vire d3d9.dll avant d'essayer pour etre sur de ne plus avoir dgvoodoo or wined3d

aprés un reboot, ca boote sur le 1er screen (l'écran avec le titre rouge), ca fait pédaler mon PC à fond mais je ne vais pas plus loin.

Edited by Gougoule

Il y a 11 heures, Gougoule a dit :

aprés un reboot, ca boote sur le 1er screen (l'écran avec le titre rouge), ca fait pédaler mon PC à fond mais je ne vais pas plus loin.

pareil que toi sous w10

12 hours ago, Gougoule said:

58 minutes ago, lafouiiine said:

pareil que toi sous w10

Donnez moi votre fichier Crazy_Speed\Client\release\logs\Engine.log

il y a 35 minutes, ducon2016 a dit :

Donnez moi votre fichier Crazy_Speed\Client\release\logs\Engine.log

et voila. merci Ducon ! A ta disposition pour faire d'autres tests / aider si possible (mais à part les tests, je vois pas bien comment :( 

Hidden Content

Confirming for me it works on my W10 machines without problem.

I just had to disable one thing in Crazy_Speed\Client\configure\ApplicationCfg.ini if not the screen was all black. Make sure CurvesColorAdjust = 0, do NOT change that

No performance or stuttering issue, so not sure I can debug/fix it unfortunately.

Removing the unneeded radial blur in the ApplicationCfg.ini seems to help with the slowdowns.  

On 4/28/2020 at 2:23 AM, ducon2016 said:

Hidden Content

1. Final Resolution Changer (there is a provided rearviewMirrorOverlay.overlay for 1920x1080, for other resolutions someone else will have to edit theirs and share)

2. Code cleanups

Hidden Content

Will look into why Antialiasing / Mirror / Texture filtering do not work without dgVoodoo. Thanks to @Nezarn for his help.

Question, is the final resolution patcher supposed to fix the UI resolution scaling issue? I’m asking because I still have the same symptoms as the prior release and wasn’t sure if you were able to figure out a fix for it yet. In my case (likely different then the others) I’m trying to scale down from the default 1366x768 to 1176x664. I’ve updated your ini as well as the games ini to my res and changed fullscreen =1 but haven’t had any success.

2 hours ago, bojo5150 said:

Question, is the final resolution patcher supposed to fix the UI resolution scaling issue? I’m asking because I still have the same symptoms as the prior release and wasn’t sure if you were able to figure out a fix for it yet. In my case (likely different then the others) I’m trying to scale down from the default 1366x768 to 1176x664. I’ve updated your ini as well as the games ini to my res and changed fullscreen =1 but haven’t had any success.

Yes it works for higher res. Share a full resolution screenshot of what is happening at 1176x664. Only change the resolution in dic32u.ini

Here is the latest

Hidden Content

1. Fixes shaders and material for rear view mirror (no need to use dgvoodoo anymore, dgvoodoo actually creates artifacts with particle effects unfortunately)

2. Made the controller more robust (should get rid of all the unstabilities)

3. Code simplification and cleanup

So now on my W7 and W10 machine the game is perfect. I have noticed some black screen issues on ATI/AMD, will look into that now, but not promising anything. I am unable to repro any of the reported performance issues on my 3 different W10 machines, so I will unfortunately not be able to help with that specific issue.

il y a 30 minutes, ducon2016 a dit :

Here is the latest

Hidden Content

1. Fixes shaders and material for rear view mirror (no need to use dgvoodoo anymore, dgvoodoo actually creates artifacts with particle effects unfortunately)

2. Made the controller more robust (should get rid of all the unstabilities)

3. Code simplification and cleanup

So now on my W7 and W10 machine the game is perfect. I have noticed some black screen issues on ATI/AMD, will look into that now, but not promising anything. I am unable to repro any of the reported performance issues on my 3 different W10 machines, so I will unfortunately not be able to help with that specific issue.

thanks you very much for the hard work Ducon2016. I just tested the patch on a fresh extract of the game. Sadly this is the same for me (even slower now) - I have an Nvidia card (980GTX) - 

=> ok, moved the game to the root of my D drive (it was on my ssd on the download folder) and now the game is working perfectly !! - just some slowdow from time to time but I would say 99% perfect) - no idea why. first time this happens to me !  

thank you Ducon !!

just one additionnal point. I tried to delete / move the game folder after lauchning and exiting the game and it looks like that there is still a process staying behind (I cannot move or delete the folder, I have to reboot my system to be able to). I tried to look on something to kill on the Task manager but I could not find anything particular. I'm the only one in this situation ?

To clean up the graphics, you can force  2X multisampling + 2X sparse grid supersampling  + FXAA to this game with Nvidia cards through Nvidia Profile Inspector if you use Antialiasing comptaibility flag: 0x000100C5 (Gears of War).   This will get rid of the jaggies on the tree alpha textures.  Then add image sharpening.  If you have a really beefy system you can boost to 4X for both.    

moi ca fonctionne bien ici. je suis reparti d'une install clean par contre. 

par contre, c'est toujours un peu compliqué d'avoir le jeu en full speed. ca fonctionne disons 1fois sur trois, quel que soit le repertoire au final. quand ca fonctionne c'est top par contre :)

Presse-papiers-1.jpg

I tried to play it at 640x480 but the image does not resize, Just a part as If It were a slice.

would there be another way to make It work at 640x480?

Edited by jsb-games-2017

3 hours ago, Trymado said:

@ducon2016 MERCI beaucoup pour la maj

Le jeu est superbe en 1080p par contre ya un petit bug sur le retros

Hidden Content

Lis le readme. Il faut que tu copies 3 fichiers au bon endroit pour fixer le mirroir

rearviewMirrorOverlay.material dans Crazy_Speed\Client\Media\UI\overlays\rearviewMirror

rearviewMirrorOverlay.overlay dans Crazy_Speed\Client\Media\UI\overlays\rearviewMirror

Rearview.hlsl dans Crazy_Speed\Client\Media\shader

il y a 4 minutes, ducon2016 a dit :

Lis le readme. Il faut que tu copies 3 fichiers au bon endroit pour fixer le mirroir

rearviewMirrorOverlay.material dans Crazy_Speed\Client\Media\UI\overlays\rearviewMirror

rearviewMirrorOverlay.overlay dans Crazy_Speed\Client\Media\UI\overlays\rearviewMirror

Rearview.hlsl dans Crazy_Speed\Client\Media\shader

A mince j'ai vraiment fait le boulet, merci beaucoup

Thank you very much for your work ducon2016.

Using v1, v1.1, v1.2 or v.1.3

WORKS GREAT:
i3-9100F  -  8GB - GTX 780 Ti        (NVIDIA v.445.87) - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1909 (18363.815)

DOESN'T WORK:
i7-8700k  - 32GB - RTX 2080          (NVIDIA v.445.87) - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1909 (18363.815)
i7-4930K  - 16GB - GTX 1060 6GB (NVIDIA v.445.87) - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1909 (18363.815)
>>> Irregular loading then it locks!

1 hour ago, thigames said:

DOESN'T WORK:

i7-8700k  - 32GB - RTX 2080          (NVIDIA v.445.87) - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1909 (18363.815)
i7-4930K  - 16GB - GTX 1060 6GB (NVIDIA v.445.87) - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1909 (18363.815)
>>> Irregular loading then it locks!

GTX 1060 6GB (NVIDIA v.445.87) - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1909 (18363.815) this works for me, so something else is going on with this game

Tried the latest v1.3, the framerate is still erratic. Running it on Win10 1903, GTX 1070. But at least now the controls are working properly. One step closer :)

Edited by Mindwipe