Jump to content
spiderzsoft

[Arcade PC] Friction Arcade (Friction Game Studios 2011)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ducon2016 said:

@argonlefou might be able to help you.

 

Could you reupload the game? I don't think it can be found on the internet anymore :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jayinem said:

 

Could you reupload the game? I don't think it can be found on the internet anymore :( 

Yeah, looking for it too. Can't seem to locate this game anywhere...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/08/2020 at 10:25 PM, Jayinem said:

That made total sense, but I just updated and same problem.

 

On 03/08/2020 at 12:27 AM, ducon2016 said:

@argonlefou might be able to help you.

Unfortunatelly not that much. I don't see why this would happen because of DemulShooter.

It looks like the gun is controlling some king of camera angle setting instead of the aiming...maybe a wrong setting in the ini file ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah a new upload is desperately needed by someone. The game is only like 600 mb so it's not some huge game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, argonlefou said:

 

 

Unfortunatelly not that much. I don't see why this would happen because of DemulShooter.

It looks like the gun is controlling some king of camera angle setting instead of the aiming...maybe a wrong setting in the ini file ?

 

Is the proper .ini file Reshade.ini? I upload mine.  I also upload VSIOBOARD.ini in case that is needed. 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NM, I had a copy of it on an external hard drive that I forgot about. I didn't want to upload the game with borked settings but now it seems ok. I will upload it to zippyshare later today. But this is not a fresh install of the game and sometimes settings from one computer will not work on another. I can't do anything about that because I don't know where to find a fresh install of the game if I could we could just download it lol. 

 

Also so far I can't get Demulshooter and my EMS Top Gun 3 to work with it. But hopefully it will work for others. 

Edited by Jayinem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friction with Ducon IO Emulator V3 and Demulshooter 8.8.3 already included in the files. (you shouldn't have a problem using other controls if you don't have a lightgun  because Demulshooter requires scripts that aren't included) Start is set to 1 coin is either 5 or F3 I have different folders of the game I am not sure but try either. 

 

Hope I'm not breaking any rules or doing anything wrong with this upload if so let me know. 

 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

Edit: It should be on free play so coin shouldn't matter. Overwrote the files with latest Demul 10.1.3 but still can't get gun to work. 

Edited by Jayinem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally got Demulshooter working again but the game is not fullscreen, so I used the reschanger in this thread and it's fullscreen, but GARBLED GRAPHICS AGAIN! I hate this game. I just want to play it fullscreen with my lightgun.  It only seems to happen when I use Reschanger.

 

Also weird thing with Demulshooter and AHK if I do this script (Demulshooter is in same location as game)

 

Run DemulShooter.exe -target=windows -rom=friction
Run Friction.exe
 

Friction will launch but Demulshooter won't work.

 

But if I just do 

 

Run DemulShooter.exe -target=windows -rom=friction
 

and Run Friction seperately, Demulshooter works. I have no idea why this type of script has always worked for a ton of games. 

 

Edit: I just figured out the game is garbled graphics during gameplay even without reschanger (apologies as no blame to anyone was intended). I am 99% sure if I could get a fresh install I could get everything working as I want but as for this copy I am about to just delete this game and move on. 

Edited by Jayinem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jayinem said:

Friction with Ducon IO Emulator V3 and Demulshooter 8.8.3 already included in the files. (you shouldn't have a problem using other controls if you don't have a lightgun  because Demulshooter requires scripts that aren't included) Start is set to 1 coin is either 5 or F3 I have different folders of the game I am not sure but try either. 

 

Hope I'm not breaking any rules or doing anything wrong with this upload if so let me know. 

 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

Edit: It should be on free play so coin shouldn't matter. Overwrote the files with latest Demul 10.1.3 but still can't get gun to work. 

Thanks mate. you rock! This game has become extremely rare on the web! Thank you again =)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem, seems it works ok for everyone but me lol. (well, it works fine if I don't use my lightgun, but that's kinda the whole point to me) 

Edited by Jayinem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jayinem said:

I finally got Demulshooter working again but the game is not fullscreen, so I used the reschanger in this thread and it's fullscreen, but GARBLED GRAPHICS AGAIN! I hate this game. I just want to play it fullscreen with my lightgun.  It only seems to happen when I use Reschanger.

 

Also weird thing with Demulshooter and AHK if I do this script (Demulshooter is in same location as game)

 

Run DemulShooter.exe -target=windows -rom=friction
Run Friction.exe
 

Friction will launch but Demulshooter won't work.

 

But if I just do 

 

Run DemulShooter.exe -target=windows -rom=friction
 

and Run Friction seperately, Demulshooter works. I have no idea why this type of script has always worked for a ton of games. 

 

Edit: I just figured out the game is garbled graphics during gameplay even without reschanger (apologies as no blame to anyone was intended). I am 99% sure if I could get a fresh install I could get everything working as I want but as for this copy I am about to just delete this game and move on. 

i just tested your archives, seemed to work for me. I downloaded the rez changed and put it in the main folder. Ran it and selected 4k and the friction.exe. All I had to do to get the game to run in 4k. Have not yet messed around with controls as I am still waiting for the Sinden guns to set up all my shooters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I can get the reschanger to work no problem and it looks great, but if I try to point my lightugn at the screen the game is all garbled  if I point the gun away from the screen or use my mouse it's fine. I made a youtube video about it a page back. I have no idea what's causing it and I've tried different downloads I have of the game and it does the same thing. Maybe they all share a borked setting IDK that's why I would love to try a fresh install but it doesn't seem anyone will upload one. 

 

 

Edited by Jayinem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jayinem said:

Yeah I can get the reschanger to work no problem and it looks great, but if I try to point my lightugn at the screen the game is all garbled  if I point the gun away from the screen or use my mouse it's fine. I made a youtube video about it a page back. I have no idea what's causing it and I've tried different downloads I have of the game and it does the same thing. Maybe they all share a borked setting IDK that's why I would love to try a fresh install but it doesn't seem anyone will upload one. 

 

 

Yeah, not sure about the lightgun. Have yet to get one myself. Can test again once I received mine. Noticed however if you press the arrow it breaks the game and you actually start moving like an fps ;).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, student123 said:

Yeah, not sure about the lightgun. Have yet to get one myself. Can test again once I received mine. Noticed however if you press the arrow it breaks the game and you actually start moving like an fps ;).

Its not the graphics being garbled at all. 

Skim through this review of the Mayflash Dolphin bar until you get to the video

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Quite far down in section about mouse and keyboard-yes I know you aren't using that but it shows nothing to do with garbled graphics but mouse settings and how they are recognised as just mentioned like in an fps. 

Not saying it will help but makes it look my like a settings issue than a graphics issue

Edited by Tiberius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Its not the graphics being garbled at all. 

Skim through this review of the Mayflash Dolphin bar (yes I know you aren't using that) until you get to the video and it shows nothing to do with garbled graphics but mouse settings and how they are recognised as just mentioned like in an fps. 

Not saying it will help but makes it look my like a settings issue than a graphics issue

 

There's no link to the video you're describing in your post. 

 

I see the video you mean now. I had the same lightgun/setup on a different computer though, and the game worked fine. 

Edited by Jayinem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jayinem said:

 

There's no link to the video you're describing in your post. 

There is now. I was doing it on my phone and the link didn't copy across. I have added it but you posted quicker than I could. 

Apologies for that. 

Here it is again

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jayinem Sounds like you are controlling the camera, not the gun. Try this:

In the config file, DInputDisable=0.

THEN, you have to use LEFT MOUSE CLICK to start P1. After that, it's perfect - left click=shoot, right click=reload, key 1=Continue

 

IF you use key 1 to start the game initially, game will be broken - mouse will control camera instead of cursor. So the trick is to use LEFT MOUSE CLICK to start

credit to: @LEGEND80

 

 

Edited by killbill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, killbill said:

@Jayinem try this:

In the config file, DInputDisable=0.

THEN, you have to use LEFT MOUSE CLICK to start P1. After that, it's perfect - left click=shoot, right click=reload, key 1=Continue

 

IF you use key 1 to start initially, game will be broken - mouse will control camera instead of cursor. So the trick is to use LEFT MOUSE CLICK to start

credit to: @LEGEND80

 

You have to start the game with whatever button that would be left mouse click, not your player 1 key.

 

DInputDisable=0 is already set I had this working on another computer with the same lightgun.

 

I appreciate the suggestions though. I know it's gotta be something.

 

Wait a minute I think you solved it with the last thing you said, start with left mouse click not player 1. I'll try it here in a minute. 

Edited by Jayinem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you starting the game initially with the gun trigger? If you start the game with the P1 mapped button, you control the camera not the gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, klke said:

please, can you reupload? :(

 

I already did, scroll about half a page up. My links still work I just checked. 

 

If zippyshare if banned in your country use a VPN or opera browser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jayinem Johnny Nero: Action Hero is a 2004 comic book-themed light gun game (from the developers of Invasion: The Abductors and the award-winning Big Buck Hunter series and the design is being led by Will Carlin and Mark Macy) with recoil, the game can be played either 1 or 2-players with one gun (like in Invasion: The Abductors) or 1-player with two guns called "Guns of Fury", and the story has Johnathan Nero who having adventures in space, pyramid, and western, is being surrounded by aliens, mummies, and flying zombies of bandits. Johnathan battles them with the dual-wielded guns to save the space lady, to recover the jewel of Ra, and to earn money and pay fee.

Edited by reinsrus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2020 at 12:35 PM, Jayinem said:

 

DInputDisable=0 is already set I had this working on another computer with the same lightgun.

 

I appreciate the suggestions though. I know it's gotta be something.

 

Wait a minute I think you solved it with the last thing you said, start with left mouse click not player 1. I'll try it here in a minute. 

 

Try DInputDisable=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have the version of Demulshooter that works with this game? All the versions I download indicate that friction isn't supported and it doesn't show up in help either. The link on the first page doesn't work anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use last version.

Open notepad, and insert:

@echo off
start demulshooter.exe -target=windows -rom=friction

save like demul.bat on demulshoot folder

Run demulshhoter select your lightgun and save

Run demul.bat them Friction

 

This game run perfect!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, emulor said:

Use last version.

Open notepad, and insert:

@echo off
start demulshooter.exe -target=windows -rom=friction

save like demul.bat on demulshoot folder

Run demulshhoter select your lightgun and save

Run demul.bat them Friction

 

This game run perfect!

 

I was trying to run demulshooterx64 and that was the issue. Thank you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
En 10/8/2020 a las 20:32, Jayinem dijo:

 

I already did, scroll about half a page up. My links still work I just checked. 

 

If zippyshare if banned in your country use a VPN or opera browser. 

 

Yeah seems that my country is banned, i downloaded through proxy, many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regards, help

problem  2 Players   (1Player OK)

keyboard,Virtual Controller,UCR, xbox 360 control

.nothing  ( no coin ,no star 2 players)

  ,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 5 horas, bimbas dijo:

Regards, help

problem  2 Players   (1Player OK)

keyboard,Virtual Controller,UCR, xbox 360 control

.nothing  ( no coin ,no star 2 players)

 

8/5000
 
 
 
RESOLVED
hace 5 horas, bimbas dijo:
  ,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is the download link to the Arcade dump of "Friction"?

EDIT: NVM, found it.

 

Edited by ark216

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got this up and running.  Wouldn't work in 4K so just had to run it at 1080.  Problem though is for some reason the aim cursor is a tiny little yellow dot.  Which is a major no go on a 4k sized set.

Anyone run across that?  I don't get why it's not using the cursors in the shader folder.  Anyone know how to fix?  If there a file I can replace somewhere?

Many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×