spiderzsoft

[Arcade PC] Friction Arcade (Friction Game Studios 2011)

En 10/4/2020 a las 12:56, crzmx dijo:

i have original digital art files that were given with game.

Amazing mod! The game looks glorious in 1080p!

Hi all. Firstly thank you for the HD patch, it looks amazing in 1080p.

I have a question. I have a Mayflash Wiibar and I am trying to use a Wiimote on this game. I am using patch Vsioboard 3. I have selected option 2 on the Maylflash Bar (which is Mouse mode) and the cursor just stays in the corner of the screen. I have also tried option 4 with touchmote, but I can not get it to work. I am also using Demulshooter. I am only using the one wimote.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit home. My specs are i5 6600k, gtx970 and 16g of ram.

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

il y a une heure, erdoboy43 a dit :

I have a question. I have a Mayflash Wiibar and I am trying to use a Wiimote on this game. I am using patch Vsioboard 3. I have selected option 2 on the Maylflash Bar (which is Mouse mode) and the cursor just stays in the corner of the screen. I have also tried option 4 with touchmote, but I can not get it to work. I am also using Demulshooter. I am only using the one wimote.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit home. My specs are i5 6600k, gtx970 and 16g of ram.

Yes, I have the same problem, using myflash bar....i think its because the "hide mouse" script. will try to disable it and see.

also.... why using deulshooter of you only play with one wiimote?

3 minutes ago, llll55 said:

Yes, I have the same problem, using myflash bar....i think its because the "hide mouse" script. will try to disable it and see.

also.... why using deulshooter of you only play with one wiimote?

disable hide mouse didnt work...still cant play with doplhin bar. the cursor stuck on the sides of the screen.

Edited by llll55

14 minutes ago, llll55 said:

disable hide mouse didnt work...still cant play with doplhin bar. the cursor stuck on the sides of the screen.

Thanks for the information. It would be great to be able to get it working. I really like the game.

Also, I will not bother with Demulshooter then as I'm just using the one wiimote. Cheers.

il y a 13 minutes, erdoboy43 a dit :

Thanks for the information. It would be great to be able to get it working. I really like the game.

Also, I will not bother with Demulshooter then as I'm just using the one wiimote. Cheers.

for me it works fine with patch number one with dolphin ...i think i will back to it for now.

10 minutes ago, llll55 said:

for me it works fine with patch number one with dolphin ...i think i will back to it for now.

Ok cool will do that, cheers.

il y a 9 minutes, erdoboy43 a dit :

Can confirm wiimote is now working with patch 1. Thanks very much.

does the patch 1 also works with the screen res patch? i didnt try it.

On 4/12/2020 at 3:01 PM, phasermaniac said:

The theory was nice, but I cant make it work. I tested matching the refresh value with both progressive and interlaced resolutions but same error

I might have some good news for you (fingers crossed) I finally managed to get it to run on Win7. D/l this dll file and place it in the root directory where your friction.exe is located. Hope it works for you.

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Wow, thanks! Ill try tomorrow.

what was the trick? 

Have you tested with demulshooter?

Ups couldnt download, says forbidden

Edited by phasermaniac

1 hour ago, phasermaniac said:

Wow, thanks! Ill try tomorrow.

what was the trick? 

Have you tested with demulshooter?

Ups couldnt download, says forbidden

Forbidden? wtf..... let's try this again. Yes works with demulshooter as well.

I remembered having issues on my Win7 machine trying to get the Model2 emu running ages ago and this file ended up doing the trick for me so I figured I'd give it a shot and copied it into Friction. No guarantees, but it seems like we have a similar issue.

Hidden Content

I'm a bit dumb, Friction works with gameloader + demulshooter. I only had to launch my bat as administrator and demulshooter hooks properly.

Edited by phasermaniac

5 hours ago, phasermaniac said:

I'm a bit dumb, Friction works with gameloader + demulshooter. I only had to launch my bat as administrator and demulshooter hooks properly.

Great, glad you have it working now. I can finally get it to work with or without gameloader. I also use the gameloader so I can display the game in 4:3. The resolution patcher didn't work for me as far as 4:3 aspect ratio goes.

Edited by Mindwipe

18 hours ago, Mindwipe said:

Great, glad you have it working now. I can finally get it to work with or without gameloader. I also use the gameloader so I can display the game in 4:3. The resolution patcher didn't work for me as far as 4:3 aspect ratio goes.

You can also use the marvellous GeoMod ReShade pack that you can find here on Emuline, that's what I do with a lot of games.

Even if I don't enable the CRT effect, it can easilly resize the display with any wanted ratio.

25 minutes ago, argonlefou said:

You can also use the marvellous GeoMod ReShade pack that you can find here on Emuline, that's what I do with a lot of games.

Even if I don't enable the CRT effect, it can easilly resize the display with any wanted ratio.

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't really sure how to use it. I tried it a while back but all I saw was a CRT effect. Didn't realize you could resize the display as well.

Le 26.4.2020 à 20:54, xtremebuga a dit :

For me, the crosshairs are out of alignment.

try with patch 1...for me it the only one that works well.

Excuse my dumb but I used V3 because Argon said it's the only one that works with Demulshooter and I changed coin to 5 but I hit 5 on keyboard and it's not working. Am I missing something? 

NM just had to change DInputDisable=0

Edited by Jayinem

This game run for me but only with mouse, when i try to use Aimtrack (only one gun) it didn't recognize any movement, the gun is successfully moving the mouse but the game don't see it at all.

20 minutes ago, Mr.Miguardi said:

This game run for me but only with mouse, when i try to use Aimtrack (only one gun) it didn't recognize any movement, the gun is successfully moving the mouse but the game don't see it at all.

For lightguns, use

Hidden Content

Can you guys confirm if this works with 2 xbox 360 controllers with the MS wireless dongle.  I got one player to work but player two can only move left.  This is my ini settings.  I'm using version 3

Hidden Content

Edited by lowgunn

On 4/23/2020 at 5:31 PM, erdoboy43 said:

I have pretty much exactly the same setup and the same issue, but getting the V1 patch messed it up further. Now it displays 2 cursors on screen and neither one responds to the wii mote (or mouse). Anyone have any ideas? I downloaded the V1 patch, over wrote the files in Friction, and I'm getting the 2 cursors with zero response. The original issue was only the mouse responded.

Hi, Anyone has a new link for this game? The first page doesn't have it any longer. Its also not even available on Virus-Man's site. Thanks!!

I made a video, I am getting garbled graphics when I point my lightgun to my screen with Demulshooter. If I point the gun away from the screen the game looks fine WTF. This is with Ducon's IO emulator version 3 and Demulshooter 8.83. 

Edited by Jayinem

36 minutes ago, Jayinem said:

I made a video, I am getting garbled graphics when I point my lightgun to my screen with Demulshooter. If I point the gun away from the screen the game looks fine WTF. This is with Ducon's IO emulator version 3 and Demulshooter 8.83. 

Try to use the latest version of Demulshooter.

Edited by ducon2016

That made total sense, but I just updated and same problem.

I think I need to do a fresh install of the game to fix my problem. The problem with that is, I can't find the game to re-download. Dead link on first post, can't find it anywhere. :(