spiderzsoft

[Arcade PC] Friction Arcade (Friction Game Studios 2011)

6 hours ago, eathearty1 said:

@bojo5150 Dont know if this will do 

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

That's happens to be exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Here is

Hidden Content

Improvements:

1. Supports mouse inputs in config (so no need to set DInputDisable=0 anymore): MOUSE_UP, MOUSE_DOWN, MOUSE_LEFT, MOUSE_RIGHT, MOUSE_WHEEL_UP, MOUSE_WHEEL_DOWN, MOUSE_BUTTON_LEFT, MOUSE_BUTTON_RIGHT, MOUSE_BUTTON_MIDDLE

2. Created a custom build of reshade and custom shader to add cursors on screen.

Replace base\textures\ui\opcons\crosshair.tga, base\textures\ui\score\highscore_cursor_player1.tga, and base\textures\ui\score\highscore_cursor_player2.tga by empty images if you do not want two cursors in the highscore and service menus.

Friction-1-NoReboot_2020-04-09_00-48-21.

3. Simpler, cleaner and smaller code

@argonlefou already added support for lightguns in demulshooter 8.8.0 (

Hidden Content

Edited by ducon2016

On 09/04/2020 at 10:28 AM, ducon2016 said:

@argonlefou already added support for lightguns in demulshooter 8.8.0 (

Hidden Content

Better use the "just updated" 8.8.1 for a perfect experience with friction

BUT it was made with VSIOBOARD v1.0, so anyone be carrefull : I highly doubt the VSIOBOARDv2.0 will work as well without any update

And of course thanks @ducon2016 for everything !

Edited by argonlefou

New Cursors look great, thankyou. Also massive thanks to you also Argonlefou for your continued work, its hugely appreciated :-)

Thanks very much for the new cursors, they are awesome. Is there anyway i can remove my normal mouse pointer in game please. I have tried no mousy and that didnt work. Thanks for any help in advance.

5 minutes ago, eathearty1 said:

@ducon2016 Just tried the new version and get a Friction.exe application error and game wont start, reverted to version 1 and game works latest windows 10 1909 gtx 1030 graphcs card.

Untitled.png

Can you try without adding d3d9.dll? 

5 minutes ago, ducon2016 said:

Can you try without adding d3d9.dll? 

I had the same error when I change the directory name

when I came back to the original directory from the zip ever think run perdectly

13 minutes ago, eathearty1 said:

@ducon2016 Just tried without the dll and game boots, and works but cannot see the new cursors my own windows cursor shows  onscreen instead, directory name was left a original hadn't changed it.

This seems to be a crash due to reshade then. Not sure what I can do but will look into it.

10 minutes ago, ducon2016 said:

This seems to be a crash due to reshade then. Not sure what I can do but will look into it.

@ducon2016 No biggie works perfect with version one for me, thank you for all you do.

38 minutes ago, llll55 said:

THANKS!

anyway to add "auto fire"? i cant find enything in the configs to enable it.

Only the machine gun seem to be automatically auto fire in the game right now, so kept it like that. Maybe next version I can add an option to make it for all weapons

il y a 5 minutes, ducon2016 a dit :

Only the machine gun seem to be automatically auto fire in the game right now, so kept it like that. Maybe next version I can add an option to make it for all weapons

thanks for your amazing work like always...

2 hours ago, llll55 said:

for me with the new patch...the windows stuck in "loading resources" with or without the d3d9.dll..

2 hours ago, eathearty1 said:

@ducon2016 No biggie works perfect with version one for me, thank you for all you do.

Can you guys try this one and see if it works better?

Hidden Content

If it still crashes with this one, can you send me your .ini file?

33 minutes ago, ducon2016 said:

If it still crashes with this one, can you send me your .ini file?

Still crashes with d3d9.dll loads without the dll but still shows windows cursor here is ini

Hidden Content

24 minutes ago, eathearty1 said:

Still crashes with d3d9.dll loads without the dll but still shows windows cursor here is ini

Hidden Content

Can you try this

Hidden Content

If it still crashes can you give me a screenshot of your Friction folder please?

Run perfect with lightgun + vicioboard v1 + Demulshooter last version (just assign reload key in demulshooter)

Thanks. Only missing a Hyperspin Theme and Whell Image :very-good:

36 minutes ago, ducon2016 said:

Can you try this

Hidden Content

If it still crashes can you give me a screenshot of your Friction folder please?

Still same here is screenshot 

Untitled.png

Glad to see this game (despite this being quite an unfinished game). Any suggestions on how to run this game in windowed mode?

1 hour ago, eathearty1 said:

Where can i find this log?

same folder as d3d9.dll, if you do not have it can you make sure your antivirus is not blocking that dll?

Edited by ducon2016

@ducon2016 Re-downloaded the game and started fresh, and this time just the version 2 patch with it. did a cc cleaner registry clean first before unzipping game, then applied V2 patch and clicked on the Friction.exe and game booted after about 80 seconds with everything working includeing cursors, the version 1 patch must have corrupted something in the games folder.  So for anyone having the same problem they must delete game if it had version 1 patch, and start afresh and just add version 2 patch instead.  Thank you for all your help.

2 minutes ago, eathearty1 said:

@ducon2016 Re-downloaded the game and started fresh, and this time just the version 2 patch with it. did a cc cleaner registry clean first before unzipping game, then applied V2 patch and clicked on the Friction.exe and game booted after about 80 seconds with everything working includeing cursors, the version 1 patch must have corrupted something in the games folder.  So for anyone having the same problem they must delete game if it had version 1 patch, and start afresh and just add version 2 patch instead.  Thank you for all your help.

Does V2 works for you now with the cursors?

Brilliant work Ducon, a bit off subject but is it possible to add your cursors to Eleveator Action Death Parade as that is another game that suffers from no cursor which makes it very difficult to play. Thanks for everything you do mate and thanks for the original Dump Spiderzsoft

Sorry, I got more information about my error. I suspect the problem is with CRT emudriver, as I tested the game with a very similar win10 amd pc with regular screen and the game worked fine.

Error code 13:

Function: functioncd3d9rendersystem::CreateDirect3d9interface

Description: Unable to detect current video mode

File:

\Dev\VenumSpyder\vsSDK\Source\vsRenderSystems\vsRenderSystemD3D9\Source\vsCD3D9RenderSystem.cpp

Line:263

I tested with VSIOBOARD-v2 as I saw It has his own d3d9.dll, but same results.

Any clue on this? Thanks!

Edited by phasermaniac

Hello guys, follow an alternative link of the game + cool, + (theme + video + whell) for hyperpsin in my channel video.
Installation instructions in the video description.

Bonjour les gars, suivez un lien alternatif du jeu + cool, + (thème + vidéo + whell) pour l'hyperpsine dans ma vidéo de chaîne.
Instructions d'installation dans la description de la vidéo.

BYE

Edited by leonardombn