maabus

[Arcade PC] Daphne / Singe / Singe 2 set (Laser Disc)

I have not heard of Daphne Hypseus.

I know that all the Daphne games work using the Daphne emulator i posted in the first post. Here is the link to all of the working games i posted. All the files for all the games are there. you might be able to pull what you need for your emulator. 

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Thanks man! I used this actually last night night. All the games work great minus MACH 3 it has to be a compatibility issue. Retropie also has the same problem.

.Looks like PC is the way to go for now, 

>>>Space Pirates was missing a video file. xxOToTOxx was able to provide it for us.

>>>Here is a link to that single file, which you can drop straight into the cdrom directory:

The file is ONLY z_levelselect.m2v. NOT z_....DAT.

How can I manually create the DAT since the game does not notice that this file is missing?

hello everybody,

I seen you did some updates in Singe...Thanks a lot ! it's a huge work !

In June 2020 i made a request in this post about Captain power

some say that they were interested so i did post all the episodes

Hidden Content

did someone worked or work for the project ? or is it not possible to create it ? 

i still think it could be a great addition to the collection !

Let us know please :)

10 hours ago, Niola said:

>>>Space Pirates was missing a video file. xxOToTOxx was able to provide it for us.

>>>Here is a link to that single file, which you can drop straight into the cdrom directory:

The file is ONLY z_levelselect.m2v. NOT z_....DAT.

How can I manually create the DAT since the game does not notice that this file is missing?

@Niola

You can grab the missing .m2v file direct from here: 

Hidden Content

Add:

52659     cdrom/z_levelselect.m2v

to your spacepirates frame file at the relevant place (most probably second from last).

The .dat file will be created on next run.

Edited by xxOToTOxx

3 hours ago, Niola said:

This message already appears in the framefile and the game starts normally, it does not create the .DAT.

Did you get to the scene where the video is displayed ?

Hidden Content

If I delete the .dat and enter this scene it is recreated on-the-fly.

What version of singe are you using ?

Edited by xxOToTOxx

Singe 1.

What scene is it? "Z -..". I thought it was one of the last.
However I have deleted, in the framefile, all lines before z_levelselect.m2v. I launched the game, it created the .dat. Then the start of the game presentation appeared and it stopped (natural). I went out, I restored the correct framefile. I launched the game and it starts.
Do you think the .dat created this way is perfect?

10 minutes ago, Niola said:

However I have deleted, in the framefile, all lines before z_levelselect.m2v. I launched the game, it created the .dat. Then the start of the game presentation appeared and it stopped (natural). I went out, I restored the correct framefile. I launched the game and it starts.
Do you think the .dat created this way is perfect?

If it was created by Singe, it will be the same as any other .dat. 

All of the .dat index files are created on the first run of Singe when it encounters a video file without one.

You can in fact delete all the .dat files in the cdrom directory and Singe will recreate them all on first start after that.

However this can take some time dependant on your hardware.

Inventive way of avoiding completing the game by the way;)

On 12/01/2021 at 12:58 AM, RONDO said:

Thanks man! I used this actually last night night. All the games work great minus MACH 3 it has to be a compatibility issue. Retropie also has the same problem.

@RONDO

Might be worth trying the latest RetroPie codebase from github as it has a couple of *char fixes specific to compatibility on the Pi. 

Or a more vanilla codebase (

Hidden Content

), which also have the fixes. 

See discussions here:

Hidden Content

Edited by xxOToTOxx

I have an old PC with Win2000 and Daphne and Singe "play".

1)

>New bat files! Also, I add a bat file to play laserdisc games with the emulator openMSX.

What is the oldest version of OpenMSX that it works with Singe?

2)

What are the minimum requirements for Singe 2.0? For example .Net from Microsoft

Really great thread Maabus. This helped me get a near complete set all sorted in Daphne, Singe 1 and Singe 2. I wish it all worked in Singe 2 with assets for the GUI, but maybe this will come in time. I know Singe 2 is very new and work is ongoing. For now, i am content with multiple emulators. One idea for Singe 2 would be for the GUI to also play attract sound. The video clip used could also be definable by the author in an ini or xml. This would ensure a good part of the main video plays for the attract mode. The GUI is nice, but it really would be great with attract sound playing too. Maybe in the next version eh Scott?

The last games i am looking to make work now are...

Firefox (i have M2V and MPG versions of this video, but no files to make them work, need some framefile and guidance)

Goal to Go (i have an M2V and OGG version of this but no other files to make it work, no framefile etc. Like Firefox, hoping for some guidance)

Mad Dog McCree 1 + 2 (//edit - I now have these both working in Singe 1)

Can anyone who has these same video versions, and have got it working in Daphne, or Singe, or Singe 2, please post their framefiles, batchfiles and any other files needed to make these work. Of course, everything apart from the video (much less to share and upload). :)

Many thanks.

Hitm4n.

Edited by hitm4n
Got MadDog1+2 working.

On 01/05/2020 at 8:05 PM, jospel said:

"Goal to go with daphne via cliff hanger port with a simple batch"

Hi jospel. Hope you're still around (or anyone else who can help?).

Great collection there, i am almost with you although i am not including games outside of Daphne/Singe/Singe2 yet.

I would love to get your altered cliffhanger rom (if indeed it is altered) and batch file to get this Goal to Go working please.

I already have the gtg.m2v (1.22gb) and gtg.ogg (23.5mb), so hopefully i just need a couple of teeny files and a few notes.

Any help on getting this working, much appreciated.

Many thanks. Hitm4n.

for MAABUS

In your download games DL and NOT DL there are  alternate (old) batch files in your games. Are these files there for a specific reason? They all seem problematic to me.
If you reload these files in the future, I recommend that you delete them and delete the -opengl message. With it you can see better but in old PCs, it doesn't work. After you can add, but for users non-experts, at the beginning the non-start of the game could be confusing.

Do you know if Singe can be speeded up? Some GUN GAMES have a "long" beginning and I would like to get to the point of play first.

EXAMPLE Action Game

I dont think so. 

The action max games were VHS tapes... it guess the only way would be fast forwarding the tape. Maybe Singe 2 has a fast forward option, but I don't know. 

You might be able to edit the video files, but then you would need to fix the frame files. 

I tested Space Ace VLDP_DL. I play only the first and the second levels.

In the root folder is the Space Ace (rev A3) .bat file. Then this should be the final one, and it should respect the fidelity of the game. But you can't

choose the three difficulty levels. Also when you die you start in the next move and not at the beginning of the level. Because that's how it is? Did you

choose it? The final version should be the most faithful of the game. But in my opinion, no version respects the game 100%.

rev A ROM ace_a.zip
rev A2 ROM ace_a2.zip
rev A3 ROM ace.zip  (final version)

- 2 token for play
 - The theme stops and starts again. In the first viewing you will hear the token beep but you cannot start.
 - With the option (in the batfiles) -fastboot it does not restart and you can immediately play.
 - After pressing 1 to play you will hear several beeps in a row.
 - You cannot choose the difficulty level and after death it starts again from the next move.

Space Ace (European) ROM aceeuro.zip

1 token for play
It doesn't restart, it loads right away (no need for the -fastboot option).
Graphic interludes ('80 style) with level, lives and score.
Move confirmation BEEP with low volume
Difficulty choice:
  - EASY
After "death" restart next move.
We see conversation in spaceship.

- MEDIUM
After death restart from level.
No conversation.
"Maze flight" in both directions, after you finish it, restart from the other side, from left to right and from right to left. Or something like that, however it is longer than usual.

- HARD
as medium but unique labyrinth

Space Ace (Enhanced v1.0) sae.zip

Hidden Content

It seems to me that these people are "fundamentalists". They even claim that their version is better than the original, which was wrong from the start, skipping the wrong scenes of the game based on the difficulty level.
A DEMONSTRATION: after the "drills", to escape from the last one, the spaceship lights up twice. The player can press LEFT the first once it lights up or the second. They cut the original video and the protagonist immediately goes to the ship, when you press LEFT at the first.

-2 token for play
-fastboot doesn't work
-The theme stops and starts again. In the first viewing you will hear the token beep but you cannot start.
-in the web page they talk about 3 levels (which the EURO version lets you choose) but the game starts immediately with no choice.
-there are different choices in the second level of the game, based on which direction you go.

Why is the ENHANCED VERSION not complete as it is described on the site?

Those who know more, can you write here the reasons that brought the A3 has to be chosen as final?

For those approaching the Daphne for the first time, I highly recommend the EUROPEAN version. In my opinion it is the best.

Although it seems to me that in the second level of this version, like the first three version, skip a part. While with the "enhanced version" you play, based on the direction you take.

In rom of vldp_dl there are two other roms, ace91.zip and ace91_euro.zip. But with ONLY one file inside. Where should you put these files to try this rom?

I will try the many versions of Dragon's Lair. Who among you plays, can you tell me which one is the best in your opinion? The one that respects the fidelity of the game? Mandatory bridge and collapsing boulders, then three random level groups.

Edited by Niola

Le 04/03/2021 à 19:14, Niola a dit :

-there are different choices in the second level of the game, based on which direction you go.

Why is the ENHANCED VERSION not complete as it is described on the site?

Those who know more, can you write here the reasons that brought the A3 has to be chosen as final?

For those approaching the Daphne for the first time, I highly recommend the EUROPEAN version. In my opinion it is the best.

Although it seems to me that in the second level of this version, like the first three version, skip a part. While with the "enhanced version" you play, based on the direction you take.

In rom of vldp_dl there are two other roms, ace91.zip and ace91_euro.zip. But with ONLY one file inside. Where should you put these files to try this rom?

I will try the many versions of Dragon's Lair. Who among you plays, can you tell me which one is the best in your opinion? The one that respects the fidelity of the game? Mandatory bridge and collapsing boulders, then three random level groups.

If i remember it well, the SAE rom make use of the difficulty levels like it was intended by the creators (but not implemented)

- Easy has less moves (for example no drills i think)

- Normal is..well normal

- Difficult has more move, meaning that when you can transform into Ace you play both scenes anyway (Ace and Kid).

FOR KARIS - SINGE 2

I remember that you wrote to a user that there are no .bats for ALG.

I am cleaning my pc. I have the two file from kangaroopunch s200w32.zip and s200w64.zip and other Singe.zip with emulator and many.bat.

But I no longer see the link to download this file in Emuline. If users download games they don't have the .bat files to launch them. Has the link been deleted or can't I see it? Where is?

Perhaps it would be better to integrate the .bat in the two archives of the emulator archives.

I created the .bat for ALG and for all other games without .bat. I can share (for inexpert users).

480P

Menu.bat: when the software switches to 480p game (only vision of menu), it closes. But the game works with its own .bat.

Edited by Niola

Look at the first post.. 

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Edited by maabus

I know that uploading files to Mega.nz is not like a simple copy and paste, that you have byte limits. But in the tutorial there are the two files singe.exe and singe32.exe "BETA". The final ones are inside the s200w32.zip and s200w64.zip archives. A few bytes of difference that can make the difference an error and a perfect execution.

Blank.bat and blank folder are used to create other games or are they used for singe and I can't delete them?

>>>

And for 480p here are some files to replace.

Hidden Content

>>>

Only in Asterix, in addition to the Movie and Overlay folders, are there other files. Usual surface arrangement with unnecessary files, or do you have to keep them? Place them where?

Edited by Niola

With DaphneLoader

1)

I active OpenGL in the option and LOG:

"-opengl

OpenGL v2.0 is supported."

2)

No acceleration and LOG:

"-nohwaccel

YUV overlay is done in software (ie unaccelerated)."

3)

I active YOU Hardware Overlay and log:

"YUV overlay is done in software (ie unaccelerated)."

My video card also supports OpenGL 4 and 2.0 activates. Why is classic acceleration not activated?

Hey guys,

So I made some headway on overlays in the SDLv2 version of Daphne - Hypseus 

Now with integrated Singe support.

Started a separate thread here, for those interested:

hyp2.2.1.png.a59728a85e59b5d0e503c5b8fbca1516.png

Edited by xxOToTOxx

which links are you looking for? 

Some of the links might just need to be deleted. I linked to original posts, and I think some of the original posts are dead. 

winUAE

Gallager's Gallery still cannot be played with Daphne/SINGE, however it works well with winUAE.

Uploaded by r0n1n

Download -

Hidden Content

Key : cudkb158GpVEeYjgdpQB3Q

After hard work, I managed to get the game started.

But I can't play. I have looked at the long list of customizable keys, but there is no "insert token" key.

Please tell me how to start an emulated laserdisc game with Winuae.
Which keys? (Like Mame 5 coin, 1 start).

On 12/01/2021 at 12:58 AM, RONDO said:

.Looks like PC is the way to go for now, 

@RONDO

For your EmuELEC or RetroPie - try:  

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

running all the Daphne and Singe games including MACH3, Badlands, Road Blaster and Bega's Battle on Retro(Pi).

Plus some Singe 2 support:

Edited by xxOToTOxx

On 4/6/2021 at 11:49 AM, Niola said:

Try This:

F1 = Service mode
F2 = Start
F3 = Insert coin
F4 = Holster / Reload

ALWAYS calibrate the gun at the start of a game.

GUN CALIBRATION:
1. Press F1 when the machine has booted to enter service menu
2. Press F1 twice more, "Gun Aiming" should be highlighted
3. Move the cursor into the yellow box
4. Hold F2 and click
5. Click again to confirm the shot is accurate
6. Press F1 to exit Gun Aiming
7. Press F1 until Done is highlighted
8. Press F2

After hard work, I managed to get the game started.

But I can't play. I have looked at the long list of customizable keys, but there is no "insert token" key.

Please tell me how to start an emulated laserdisc game with Winuae.
Which keys? (Like Mame 5 coin, 1 start).