[Arcade PC] Pop'n Music 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 24, 21 & 22 (Konami)

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/26/2019 at 10:59 PM, CoolerFred said:

Pop'n Music Peace

1. download 'M39-2018082100.z001~zip' file All and Unzip
2. Click 'bemanitools-latest.zip' and select 'pnm-21.zip' 
 Unzip 'pnm-21.zip' file and put it in 'M39-2018082100' file.
4. put in 'Ea_local_server.7z' file is same as put in to the 'M39-2018082100' file.
5. 'Launcher.exe' set the file as an administrator, and disable the read-only 'prop' and 'dev' folder
(5.5. click 'config.bat' and mapping controls)

(Button 1 = White Left
 Button 2 = Yellow Left
 Button 3 = Green Left
 Button 4 = Blue Left
 Button 5 = Red
 Button 6 = Blue Right
 Button 7 = Green Right
 Button 8 = Yellow Right
 Button 9 = White Right)
6. Open 'ea3-config.xml' with Notepad and insert (inside 'prop' folder)

<network>
  <timeout __type="u32">30000</timeout>
<sz_xrpc_buf __type="u32">102400</sz_xrpc_buf>
<ssl __type="bool">1</ssl>
<services __type="str">localhost/</services>&nb…;

(6.5 or I put that file in MEGA, you download and put that inside 'prop' folder)
7. To fix the popn22.dll file, please configure it on this site and download it.
mon.im/bemanipatcher/popn24usa…

(7.5. or Download 'Popn Usaneko dll All Music Unlock.zip' and Change it.)
(Unfortunately, Only one song name 'Blue River' is not unlock)
8. Open 'Gamestart.bat' file with Notepad and modify it as 'popn22.dll'.
9. Click 'Ea local server.exe', press Start and leave.
10. Click 'Gamestart.bat' and Enjoy!

NETWORK Problem

If that comes, 5-2000-0000, you have not disabled or uninstalled all of the other network adaptors.
(Go back to Control panel\Device manager)
View, Show hidden devices
Sometimes windows load's network adaptors slowly on startup so it is easy to miss some of them
(Remember ! You must only have 1 network adaptor)
If you choose to ignore this error and press TEST to continue
You will not be able to get past the bootscreen *Infinite loop*

- If it does not run problem has edit 'ea3-config.xml' [Change it to 0 -> 1.]

<pcbevent __type="u8">0</pcbevent>

ENJOY THE GAME!

Edited by spiderzsoft

tried all of that but still won't work

10 minutes ago, spiderzsoft said:

1. download 'M39-2018082100.z001~zip' file All and Unzip
2. Click 'bemanitools-latest.zip' and select 'pnm-21.zip' 
 Unzip 'pnm-21.zip' file and put it in 'M39-2018082100' file.
4. put in 'Ea_local_server.7z' file is same as put in to the 'M39-2018082100' file.
5. 'Launcher.exe' set the file as an administrator, and disable the read-only 'prop' and 'dev' folder
(5.5. click 'config.bat' and mapping controls)
image.png.22cee1ac960c45dfd8cb8490e0853a04.png
(Button 1 = White Left
 Button 2 = Yellow Left
 Button 3 = Green Left
 Button 4 = Blue Left
 Button 5 = Red
 Button 6 = Blue Right
 Button 7 = Green Right
 Button 8 = Yellow Right
 Button 9 = White Right)
6. Open 'ea3-config.xml' with Notepad and insert (inside 'prop' folder)

<network>
<ssl __type="bool">1</ssl>
<services __type="str">localhost/</services>&nb…;

(6.5 or I put that file in MEGA, you download and put that inside 'prop' folder)
7. To fix the popn22.dll file, please configure it on this site and download it.
mon.im/bemanipatcher/popn24usa…

(7.5. or Download 'Popn Usaneko dll All Music Unlock.zip' and Change it.)
(Unfortunately, Only one song name 'Blue River' is not unlock)
8. Open 'Gamestart.bat' file with Notepad and modify it as 'popn22.dll'.
9. Click 'Ea local server.exe', press Start and leave.
10. Click 'Gamestart.bat' and Enjoy!

NETWORK Problem

If that comes, 5-2000-0000, you have not disabled or uninstalled all of the other network adaptors.
(Go back to Control panel\Device manager)
View, Show hidden devices
Sometimes windows load's network adaptors slowly on startup so it is easy to miss some of them
(Remember ! You must only have 1 network adaptor)
If you choose to ignore this error and press TEST to continue
You will not be able to get past the bootscreen *Infinite loop*

- If it does not run problem has edit 'ea3-config.xml' [Change it to 0 -> 1.]

<pcbevent __type="u8">0</pcbevent>

ENJOY THE GAME!

Il y a 5 heures, CoolerFred a dit :

tried all of that but still won't work

what error message ?

put the file :

kbt.dll  and kld.dll)  from spicetools\stubs\32 folder

and spice.exe from spicetools folder

in the content folder

create a bat file (with notepad or txt...) popn25.bat or gamestart.bat :

copy this in your gamestart.bat

spice.exe -ea -pnm

check this part in ea3-config.xml :

<network>
        <ssl __type="bool">0</ssl>
        <url_slash __type="bool">0</url_slash>
        <services __type="str">http://localhost:8080/</services>
        <services_localstrap>http://eamuse.konami.fun/service/services/services/</services_localstrap>
    </network>

put the popn22.dll fix e drive

map buttons with spicecfg.exe

run the games with your gamestart.bat

you can uncheck this, sometime is help

image.png.2001e430d27444dd8b7be367b360a275.png

Edited by Lesteph25

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/1/2019 at 10:36 AM, Baka9 said:

I have this problem in Pop n music 17 the movie at startup, plz help

i78i78i78i78i.PNG

Got error on 17 too, but it's different.

Try initialize on ID Card Check them this error appear.

Same error with the both crack's

Sem Título.png

Edited by rBvix

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Thanks for these uploads! I've managed to get working 15 and Sunny Park (I got Sunny Park from somewhere else) and everything runs fine, but now my issue is using my DJ DAO controller.

I've mapped the keys/buttons via JoyToKey which works fine on notepad and browsers etc, I've tried the small instructions in step 5.5, set up the config file in the HDD and I am able to play both via keyboard but not the controller. I can't seen to find anything on this either? Am I doing something wrong or has this always been a thing? Or is there a JoyToKey alternative?

Thanks so much again for the uploads and the hard effort that's been put into 'em :)

Edit: I got the controller working via JoyToKey but pretty sure I didn't change anything..

Edited by SCRUFFAZ
I got the controller working

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings! :)

Does anyone know how to configure the Spice Tools, to run Pop n' Music 15? I mean the part where that program detects the game to be started, and emulates it and starts it.
I've reached the part of configuring the buttons with the arcade stick, but I don't know how to run the game.

I'm pretty new to arcade machine emulation, and I don't have much of an idea xD.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get Usaneko up and running just fine. The only issue I'm having is with the audio/note sync.

I'm using the DJDAO ASC controller. I am finding that I have to hit the button before the note reaches the bottom of the screen in order to register a cool/great/perfect.

Anybody have any ideas of how to calibrate this correctly? Could it be my display/audio settings?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

pop n music 16, when running config.bat, it won't let me configure buttons. It recognizes when i press the buttons, but wont let me set them. @spiderzsoft How might I use spicetools to configure them intstead? or is there some way to fix the bemanitools thing?

Edit: I've tried other config.bat files from various other games listed here on the forum and on the web and none of them appear to be working.

Config.exe also comes up with an error saying "launch program with config.bat" when trying to start it. would that mean I need to configure the buttons first in order for the game to start? or is this another issue of sorts?

Edited by Klugster

4 hours ago, Klugster said:

4 hours ago, mastershakelock said:

On 3/14/2020 at 10:51 PM, Lunala said:

For me, Adventure is refusing to work...

On 3/14/2020 at 1:27 AM, Hoodstomp said:

On 3/3/2020 at 4:54 PM, ErizerX41 said:

On 2/18/2020 at 1:44 AM, marisa98 said:

On 1/30/2020 at 8:48 AM, HateEmotions said:

just wait.... i look forward your issues to developer of Pop'n Music. thanks

@KlugsterTo configure the controls in Pop'n Music 20 and earlier (16 included) you have to run config.bat.

THe first thing you have to do is select your device from the dropbox on the top left.

Next you choose a button from that device from the list under the dropbox. Finally, you choose what in-game button you want to assign your device button to.

For example, if you have an Xbox controller and you want to assing the A (green) button to the red button in Pop'n Music, first you choose you Xbox controller, then you select Button 1 on the left (since Button 1 is A) and Button 5 on the right (since Button 5 is Red)

When you press a key or button and it shows at the bottom as Currently Pressed, is just there so you can identy what button you have to configure since controller buttons are numbered in a generic way.

@mastershakelockPop'n Music games before 15 are not pc based and they run on different custom hardware. In particular, 11 to 14 run on Konami Python 2, a PS2-based hardware. The dumps for those game do exist but they are MAME sets. You have to get the roms and the CHD file.

@LunalaWhat does it do? If the game doesn't even start and you get a Windows error, try deleting the file iphlpapi.dll inside the crack folder (same folder where the popn15_ahn.exe is).

@HoodstompIf you use the keyboard does the problem occur as well? If it does, is a pc problem. It could be you pc is too old or, if you have top of the line hardware (like dual graphic cards or multiple monitors and things like that) it might be causing troubles on your end. If you are using custom setting in Nvidia or AMD control panel to force non-regular operations (like force 144hz or higher resoultion, etc) set that to default and try again.

If the problem only happens with the controller, then I don't know how to fix it since I don't have one to test.

@HateEmotionsDo you have out-of-the-ordinary configurations on your pc? (like multiple monitors, dual GPU, external audio cards, etc) If you do, try removing them to have a more standard setup.

Another problem could be windows 10 if you are using that, but I'm not sure.

It's difficult to solve problems with old games because they don't leave a log like Spicetools so, if a game does what it does to you (close without errors) it very difficult to tell what the problem is.

@sparkeeperoid@ErizerX41@tonetimeTo use E-Amusement with old games, you can use a program called e-amuemu. It supports Pop'n Music 15 to 19, Guitar Freaks & Drummania V4 to V7/XG and Beatmania IIDX 14 to 18.

https://mega.nz/#!4J1FiCoD!ITv5UT4i2LnD-CXAVlWKt--bg5a_905dea4Nzi10JE8

The link should have instructions on how to set it up. It's an old program so expect some problems setting it up on windows 10 (should be straightforward on Windows 8 and older)

By the way @ErizerX41Spicetools doesn't support Pop'n Music 15. It only supports game that start from .dll, not .exe and even then, it doesn't support old Beatmania IIDX games (like 18).

The only way to run these old games is with the included cracks.

@rBvixDid you set E-Amusement to disabled in the test menu? Another cause for that problem is if you are using your COM1 port in your pc. These old games use the old COM1 port to connect to the card reader. If that port is in use by something else, they throw the error you are getting.

Le 14/11/2019 à 07:39, rBvix a dit :

Got error on 17 too, but it's different.

Try initialize on ID Card Check them this error appear.

Same error with the both crack's

Sem Título.png

Hello, I had the same issue. To make it works I entered test mode, found e-amusement option, disabled it, saved the change and run again the exe file.

I hope it will help you.

@Deniii thank you very much for a response, i've configured the controls. It then says in order to start it, i run the .exe as administrator. The only .exe is config.exe, and when i run that as an administrator, it still tells me to launch the program with config.bat...? is there another .exe i am missing?

config1.png

@KlugsterYou are missing a file there. There's 2 .exe files: one is config.exe and the other is popn16.exe.

You have to use popn16.exe to start the game.

The most likely thing is that an anti-virus or Windows Defender deleted the file from your PC.

Try extracting the contents of the crack in a different folder and see if it's missing there as well. If it is, you will have to find what program is deleting the files.

@LunalaBut what does the game do when it fails to start? Deleting that .dll was just a suggestion because I don't know how it's actually not working. If you are getting some kind of message, attach a screenshot.

Otherwise, try to explain what the game does when you run it.