spiderzsoft

[Arcade PC] Pop'n Music 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 24, 21 & 22 (Konami)

I have popn 21 + omnimix fully working.

How do I get PEACE working though it seems the mega download is not the full game, does it need to be added to my exising popn 21 install?

Edited by Skinbot88

8 hours ago, Skinbot88 said:

I have popn 21 + omnimix fully working.

How do I get PEACE working though it seems the mega download is not the full game, does it need to be added to my exising popn 21 install?

Download the M39-JAA-2018082100-to-2019042300 .7z file. Open with winrar, and you should see the "contents" folder inside. Drag and drop the contents folder from the .7z file into "M39-2018082100" (Note that your set of numbers after M39- might look different.)

On 6/7/2019 at 6:24 AM, spiderzsoft said:

If you are having crashes at startup, make sure you are using the internal chipset to output audio. Some other audio devices (such as external audio cards, bluetooth devices or HDMI audio) may cause issues

It dos'ent want to work at all.

@Skinbot88Pop'n Music 21 is not needed nor does it have anything to do with 25 (Peace). The person that posted it, got the name wrong.

As far as I know, there are 2 "versions" of 25: one is the full game, and the other is an update to 24.

It seems the version of 25 uploaded here is the one that requires a full dump of 24 first.

I haven't tried the links posted but that's how it should work. I reckon the link for 25 also includes a full version of 24 as well, otherwise, it's useless.

But whatever you do, don't drop the "contents" folder of 25 on top of 21 because it's not going to work.

@LunalaWhat does it do exactly?

5 hours ago, Deniii said:

@Skinbot88Pop'n Music 21 is not needed nor does it have anything to do with 25 (Peace). The person that posted it, got the name wrong.

As far as I know, there are 2 "versions" of 25: one is the full game, and the other is an update to 24.

It seems the version of 25 uploaded here is the one that requires a full dump of 24 first.

I haven't tried the links posted but that's how it should work. I reckon the link for 25 also includes a full version of 24 as well, otherwise, it's useless.

But whatever you do, don't drop the "contents" folder of 25 on top of 21 because it's not going to work.

@LunalaWhat does it do exactly?

Sorry, my bad. I didn't realize he was talking about the version with omnimix, I downloaded the M39-2018082100 (Usaneko) then the update file.

Alright,  I've encountered a problem, I'm not sure how to describe it, but the game runs faster than normal? By this, I mean like as if there was a function to speed the game up by time 1.5. I would attach a video but upload size limits prevent me from doing so. Anyone have any help?

EDIT: I fixed my problem by enabling V Sync in my NVIDIA control panel for Launcher.exe.

Edited by EthanGrey08

Nice, it's works for 512 vram Mid-end PC but unfortunately the recording software it's kinda slow while recording, it's good for me when i'm using it.

Thanks

5ef19c57b1746_launcher2020-06-2313-54-02-75.png.3f8fa83882586e8a2c6855c5d99062b5.png

launcher 2020-06-23 13-54-18-73.png

Edited by InfantryDoubleZero.exe

UPDATE: After trying several times to get Lapstoria to work, I gave up on getting the game to work altogether.

Hi, i got the game working but my main problem is whenever i alt tab the game resizes to a smaller screen and whatever i do the game freezes but u can still hear the music and everything works, it's just that the game is frozen. is there any solution to resizing the size?

1 hour ago, Lunala said:

How do I turn off Eamusement?

1. Change dest from J to U.

2. Change services to http://localhost.

3. Run maint.

4. Flip e-Amusement switch to off in Network Settings.

5. ???

6. Profit!

@reyuuThese game don't work well with alt+tab.

If you need to switch windows while playing, play in windowed mode instead. However, keep in mind only Spicetools supports this (so, older games, like 15 or 16, can't be run in windowed mode with the launcher method they use).

For the newer games, when you type the command to run Spicetools, add -w at the end.

For example: spice -ea -w

It seems like 20 Fantasia doesn't run with USB headsets/adaptors, and this is a problem for me because I use an USB headset adaptor despite the fact my headphone jack is broken (I can't replace as I'm on a laptop). I prefer not to play with my laptop speakers because I find rhythm games much better with headphones. What should I do?

EDIT: Problem was fixed by running game first and then plugging in headset.

Edited by EthanGrey08
I'm just an idiot.

YEAH... ¡I MADE IT! If you had the same problem just go to the launcher in the Game Folder right click on launcher compability settings and do this 

image.png

On 6/23/2020 at 2:06 AM, InfantryDoubleZero.exe said:

Nice, it's works for 512 vram Mid-end PC but unfortunately the recording software it's kinda slow while recording, it's good for me when i'm using it.

Thanks

5ef19c57b1746_launcher2020-06-2313-54-02-75.png.3f8fa83882586e8a2c6855c5d99062b5.png

launcher 2020-06-23 13-54-18-73.png

im having trouble downloading peace. could you possibly upload you're version to mega and link it? thanks!

@T_imidThe problem you're having with Spicetools happens because you are using PowerShell. You need to run Command Prompt.

You can check

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
article on how to achieve that in windows 10 (which I assume is what you're using)

Thank you so much for these!!  Now I can play with my wife again and relive the old arcade days (we started with the very first pop'n music)

On 7/13/2020 at 4:16 AM, T_imid said:

im having trouble downloading peace. could you possibly upload you're version to mega and link it? thanks!

Simple  at the first topic
need to extract "M39-JAA-2018082100-to-2019042300.7z" and move to "M39-2018082100(Usaneko Folder)/contents" make sure you want to backup your files for replacing
Setting up your settings and start your game

if you got problem on your popn22.dll error, just extract "peace unlock 2019042300.zip" or 

Hidden Content

for patching your file
and replace popn22.dll, Thats it.

Edited by InfantryDoubleZero.exe

Does 22 Lapistora work for anyone? I tried everything but it still just crashes on startup.
Unzipped the files and did everthing to install it again more carefully.
Whenever i open it the spice exe thing runs for a little and then there's a sudden red [2020/07/15 16:11:23] F:signal: end line
and it closes itself. The pop'n window also opens but its just black. Went through the spice cfg and i think i tried everything too.

@aaalexssssI can confirm that all games from 15 to 22 work fine (24/25 seem to work as well but I haven't tried them myself).
When you run Spicetools, it always creates a file called log.txt in the same directory where spice.exe/spice64.exe is. Attach that file in a message so I can take a look.

1 hour ago, Deniii said:

@aaalexssssI can confirm that all games from 15 to 22 work fine (24/25 seem to work as well but I haven't tried them myself).
When you run Spicetools, it always creates a file called log.txt in the same directory where spice.exe/spice64.exe is. Attach that file in a message so I can take a look.

Here it is. Thank you for the fast reply!

Hidden Content

There's a problem, when i'm selecting in song select menu, I got crashed
Could anyone fix a problem.

There's a source log:
[2020/07/16 15:15:12] W:signal: exception raised: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
[2020/07/16 15:15:12] I:signal: printing callstack
[2020/07/16 15:15:19] I:stackwalker: 101327E0 (popn22): (unknown): dll_entry_main
[2020/07/16 15:15:19] I:stackwalker: ERROR: SymGetModuleInfo64, GetLastError: 1114 (Address: 24A43020)
[2020/07/16 15:15:19] I:stackwalker: 24A43020 ((unknown)): (unknown): (unknown)
[2020/07/16 15:15:29] F:signal: end
[2020/07/16 15:15:29] I:launcher: stopping subsystems
[2020/07/16 15:15:30] I:logger: stop
[2020/07/16 15:15:30] I:signal: console ctrl handler called: CTRL_C_EVENT
[2020/07/16 15:15:30] I:launcher: stopping subsystems
[2020/07/16 15:15:30] I:logger: stop
[2020/07/16 15:15:30] M:audio::wasapi: WrappedIAudioClient::Stop
[2020/07/16 15:15:30] I:rawinput: disposing devices
[2020/07/16 15:15:30] I:rawinput: disposing devices

Does anyone have a guide. I feel like there is just a bunch of random instructrions scattered throughout this form. Or even an explanation overview could be really helpful if anyone could write one up. 

im wondering why are there so many different rars on the mega drive? do we need all 15 parts. Once we have downloade the rars what do we do with them? What is all this talk about disabling the network adapter? Do the files need to be mounted onto a drive?

@aaalexssssI'm not quite sure what the origin of the problem is but I'd start with the following:

- You need to add -ea at the end of the command, unless you are connected to a network. This didn't cause the problem you're having but, should you solve it, you'll run into an error when the game starts.

- Try moving the M39-2015081900 folder into a shorter path, for example: C:\Games\M39-2015081900. Also make sure the folder is not read-only since the game has to write into this folder. If you are using an anti-virus or something like that, you can try disabling it for 5 minutes while you try to get the game running.

- Try not to use audio devices other than the internal audio chip. Bemani games have problems with non-standard audio sources, such as Bluetooth, HDMI, external audio cards, etc. If you don't have speakers to connect to you PC, try plugging headphones in the audio out connector (the green one) at the back of the PC.

At the moment, that's all I can think of. Give those tips a try and see if, at least, the last bunch of lines in the log are different.

@mdm508Each upload, as you said, have lots of rar files in them. This is called a "split archive". The purpose of splitting is to make it possible to download for people without premium Mega accounts. Mega (and most file hosting sites) only let you download a certain ammount of GBs per day for free (I think Mega is about 2GB). Instead of uploading the game into one 15GB file (in which case, you'd have to pay to download), the game is split into smaller 700MB so you can download a few parts every day for free.

You need to have all the parts downloaded into the same folder and then open the first one with a program like WinRAR or 7Zip. These programs will recognize the split archive and show you the contents in full. You just need to extract them into some folder of your choice. Just make sure the folder and path where you extract to is not too long and is not read-only.

Once you have extracted the files, they are ready to use. This is not an ISO or anything like that. There's no need to mount anything.

After this, and depending on what game you downloaded, you'll need to get the "crack" or "loader" to get them to run, since you are not using the actual game cabinet. Where to download the crack/loader, is specified in the instructions on each game. For the older ones, it's a separate archive called "Crack", inside the same Mega folder where you got the split archives. For newer games, you have to download a tool called "Spicetools" and the link to get the latest version is shown in the instructions.

How to run each crack/loader is also explained in the instructions.

Regading the network adapters, the board in the original cabinets have a very specific hardware/OS combination and the games were programmed for that combination in particular, so many things can go wrong when trying to run them in a run of the mill PC.

One of the most common issues is having two or more network adaptes on a PC, for example, ethernet and wireless adapters (for wired and WiFi connections). When this happens, the game crashes during the boot sequence. If this happens, you have to disable network adapters until only one remains. You can enable them again after you finish playing the game, but during gameplay, you must have only one enabled.

Edited by Deniii

1 hour ago, Deniii said:

@aaalexssssI'm not quite sure what the origin of the problem is but I'd start with the following:

- You need to add -ea at the end of the command, unless you are connected to a network. This didn't cause the problem you're having but, should you solve it, you'll run into an error when the game starts.

- Try moving the M39-2015081900 folder into a shorter path, for example: C:\Games\M39-2015081900. Also make sure the folder is not read-only since the game has to write into this folder. If you are using an anti-virus or something like that, you can try disabling it for 5 minutes while you try to get the game running.

- Try not to use audio devices other than the internal audio chip. Bemani games have problems with non-standard audio sources, such as Bluetooth, HDMI, external audio cards, etc. If you don't have speakers to connect to you PC, try plugging headphones in the audio out connector (the green one) at the back of the PC.

At the moment, that's all I can think of. Give those tips a try and see if, at least, the last bunch of lines in the log are different.

Hmmmm
I have no clue what the issue might be, i tried all of those things and restarted a few times too and it pretty much made no difference in the way it crashes.

I wonder if anyone else had issues with installing the newer games and found something that could help
Attached the most recent log just in case

Hidden Content

edit: One thing that i dont know how big of a difference it makes is that im supposed to open powershell by shift rightclicking in the contents folder and then inputting "spice -ea" right?
For some reason it wont let me do that and it says that it doesnt exist or something and i assumed it does the same thing as going to the options in the spicecfg.exe and enabling the option that enables the -ea thing.
This is what is says in powershell:
+ spice -ea
+ ~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (spice:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Edited by aaalexssss

@aaalexssssSorry it didn't work. If I come up with of another possible solution, I'll let you know.

Regarding PowerShell, you mustn't use it to run these games. You have to run them through Command Prompt.

i have a doubt. im trying to run the pop24 file, the one from the fucktrannies mega, i got the avs files, i installed the references, but spicetools still ask me for the avs-config.

where i can download that, or what am i doing wrong?

EDIT: ok, i realized what was wrong, i needed to have installed the other pop, the one 20 gigs one...

However, i still cannot run the game, i updated my directX, my video card drivers, and the game stays on a black screen, i have reasons to believe it might be because of my video card, (an old Geforce GTS250, im using this Pc exclusively for PNM usage)

Im attaching the last Log i have, hopefully someone can help me here...

EDIT2: i finally got the game to run, the dll fixer from the last post did the trick. i also managed to set the locale so the text properly shows, theres only one thing left, and that is the fullscreen.

i dont like how it stretches and it doesnt show all the screen, i tried to use the -pnmhd command, but it didnt work, what software i can use to fix the screen resolution?

Edited by Marvin626

9 hours ago, Deniii said:

@aaalexssssSorry it didn't work. If I come up with of another possible solution, I'll let you know.

Regarding PowerShell, you mustn't use it to run these games. You have to run them through Command Prompt.

How do i run them through command prompt? If that means to navigate to the folder in cmd and start the game through typing "spice.exe -ea" then it doesn't seem to make a difference for me.

@aaalexssssYes, that's Command Prompt (or cmd). Trying to use PowerShell will give you the error you posted.

I attached an older version of Spicetools. Give this one a try.

Some time ago, the compatibility with Guitar Freaks & Drummania XG3 broke on the (back then) newest release. Perhaps the same happened this time. I doubt it though, but you can still give it a try.

Hidden Content