Aller au contenu
tatitomate

[Tuto] Modding of S912 based Pandora´s Key 7 / Treasure 3D (and clones)

Messages recommandés

pk7.jpg.aa5fbdc8b73ee53cab374bff774691aa.jpg

Version of the topic: 02/03/2019

Acknowledgements: The information here is just a recompilation of techniques found in forum, youtube, discord. etc. I am no the author of those techniques. I want to thank especially Sp0ke, Ookami and Waltiti for they support  and, of course, all the contributors and owner of those systems!

1. Intro:

Hello, this topic is for all fans of Pandora's Key 7/ Treasure 3D an all other clones.

It aims compilling all the information to modify and to improve the gaming experiences.

We talk about the system with the following motherboard:

It is based on a Amlogic S912 with different caracterisicis:

For instance:

CPU:ARM-cortex-a53 2GHz
Graphics card: mali-t830mp4 650MHz

From a software point of view those systems are based on Retroarch + Mame4droid + PPSPP + NAOMI Emulators.

Now, we start with some tutorial

2. Adding 3d and 2d games (Level: EASY - Risk: NONE):

Despite the fact that some vendors tell you that you cannot add games, it is not always true, all systems works on the following ways:

Required Material: USB Pendrive or SD Card. In all cases, when using USB pendrive or any other USB material, you must connect it to the upper USB port.

a ) For 3d games: You need filles in format iso, cso, pbp, cdi, gdi, n64, c64, z64, nmd, nmi - Basically: PSP, Dreamcast, Nintendo 64 and PS1 (but in Eboot format).

Step 1 - In the root directory your sd card or pendrive create a directory roms/

Step 2 -  Create a subdirectory (which will be the name of the game in the list

Step 3 - Put your rom inside your directory

Step 4 - (opitonal) Add an image in JPG format that will be displayed in the menu

Remark: pbp, n64, cdi and iso are confirmed to work

b ) For 2d games: Only mame 0.139u1 and FinalburnAlpha roms are compatible in ZIP format.

Step 1 - In the root directory your sd card or pendrive create a directory 2d/roms/

Step 2 - Add your ZIP files

Step 3 - If the game is compatible, its full name should appears automatically as it is in the retroarch database by default.

3. Running Lakka and configure internal joysticks (Level: Medium - Risk: Low):

Lakka is a ready to use light Linux system which automatically launch a build of Retroarch (see: http://www.lakka.tv/ ). It exist a special build for S912 system.

Some of the advantages are that: you can use additional roms of other gaming system, fully control the rendered options (e.g., graphical filters), add as many players as you want, play online, etc. However, currently, the internal Pandora´s key joysticks are not recognized by Lakka. Additional USB keyboard/joysticks must be used.

Required Material: 1 or 2 USB Pendrive or SD Card, USB keyboard and USB hub. (OPTIONAL: USB Wifi Dongle for internet access and network options, USB joystick as the PK joystick are not automatically detected). In all cases, when using USB pendrive or any other USB material, you must connect it to the upper USB port.

Step 1 - Download Lakka for S912: http://www.lakka.tv/get/linux/s912/ 

Step 2 - Burn the image in a Pendrive or SD card. For instance, in windows Win32DiskImager can be used: https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/ 

Step 3 - Insert the USB drive  on the upper USB port and switch on the device.

Step 4 - The system automatically adjust Lakka and create partitions. Once it reboots, Lakka should work. System must be controlled via an USB keyboard.

Step 5 - For adding games: roms can be added in the internal SD card of the Pandora Key or on an additional USB Pendrive. They are automatically detected by Lakka in the storage/roms directory).

Step 6 - USB Wifi dongle can be used to connect Lakka to internet and the Internal network. Service SSH and Samba should be activated in Lakka. Once, connected to the router, In windows, lakka can be found by writting teh direction \\LAKKA  in the file explorer. Roms can be added directly to the Lakka partitions.

Remark: to launch the original Pandora Key OS, you only have to remove the Lakka pendrive or SD card. 

Now for adding the internal joystick, follows the steps: (see the full explanation here: https://forums.libretro.com/t/problems-with-controls-juyao-dual-arcade/5290/11 )

Step 1 - Connect Lakka to your network with wifi/ethernet dongle

Step 2 - Allow SSH connection in SERVICE

Step 3 - Connect to Lakka via a PC (for instance with putty: https://www.putty.org/) and user: root passwrod: root

Step 4 - in putty write: > udevadm monitor

Step 5 - Connect the internal joystick by using a usb to usb cable (one is given with most of Pandora´s Key models).

Step 6 - Note the input address of the joystick (mine was: /devices/c9000000.dwc3/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-1/1-1.4/1-1.4:1.0/0003:0F0D:00AD.0007/input/input9)

Step 7 - Press Ctrl+Z to return to Lakka console

Step 8 - in putty write: >udevadm info -a -p /devices/c9000000.dwc3/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-1/1-1.4/1-1.4:1.0/0003:0F0D:00AD.0007/input/input9 (replace by your address)

Step 9 - Copy the line of the report: ATTR{name}=="GZ RX CO.,LTD. RX Gamepad", where GZ RX CO.,LTD. RX Gamepad may change...

Step 10 - In putty write: nano /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/99-juyao-dual-arcade.rules

Step 11 - Add the line: ATTRS{name}=="GZ RX CO.,LTD. RX Gamepad",ACTION=="add",ENV{ID_INPUT_TABLET}="0",ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}:="1" (USE YOUR NAME)
Step 12 - Save and exit with Ctrl+O and Ctrl+X.

Step 13 - Reboot and now your joystick are detected (both).

Remark: due to a bug in Lakka, only allow player 1 to control the menu, else controls will become mad...

4. Playing with 4 or more players to 2d Mame or FBA games (Level: Easy - Risk: None):

Despite the fact that most of the sellers say that only 3 players can play at the same time, it is not always true and 4 ore more players can be added.

Required Material: USB hub and USB joysticks. In all cases, when using USB material, you must connect it to the upper USB port.

Step 1 - Connect the USB hub and the joystick to the upper USB port of the device.

Step 2 - Go to the setting menu.

Step 3 - Usb joystick must be set to 'Player 3'.

Step 4 - Go to the USB joystick mapping menu and map all the desired joysticks.

Step 5 - If done correctly in the bottom-right part of the screen, as many joystick icon a connected joystick should appear.

Step 6 - Enjoy multiplayer games (NBA jam, Xmen, Bomberman, ...) with friends!

Remark: On some system, PS3 and PS4 joystick/joypad are confirmed to work. Currently 3d games are not configured for 3 or more players. Maybe in future version of the system it will work, please inform us on the comments...

More tutorial will arrive soon (Running Lakka, acces to system files, etc...)...

Modifié par tatitomate
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've managed to get psp games working on my pandora key 7. I cant seem to get dreamcast games to boot. I've tried iso, and gdi formats. Nothing will boot. Do they need to be in chd format? 

hace 19 horas, Limpnoid dijo:

I've managed to get psp games working on my pandora key 7. I cant seem to get dreamcast games to boot. I've tried iso, and gdi formats. Nothing will boot. Do they need to be in chd format? 

cdi format should work... Of course it depends on the game... Some games launch other not...

Le 24/02/2019 à 17:46, cloclo87 a dit :

who made a backup of pandora key 7 I made a bad handling if someone can put a spare file thank you

Hello, 

what bad handling did you do?

Could you give us more details with some screen captures.

Here below a backup of my system, but there is a problem, the NAND of pandora key 7 is protected to writting. You have to find a trick wich consist to connect 2 pins of the NAND for writing access => link (examples)

. I 'm looking for again !

Backup system Pandora Key 7

Modifié par sp0ke

Hello tatitomate, i have this model. i can add roms mame 2d folder, fine ok

but the problem is: i can't add video previews, how to do it?please