spiderzsoft

[Misc] Pandora's Box 6 Arcade Console 1300 in 1

Il y a 11 heures, OOKAMI a dit :

My link ūüėč

For précision PK7 is a nand emmc os Android system 

Hi OOKAMI, yes I confirm it is your link, I'm very sorry, I forgotten to mention it !

Hello,

I have this model of pandora treasure 3d (see: 

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.
 ). It is a clone of Pandora Key 7.

I love this kind of device. It has a good ratio quality/price. However, unlocking some additional functions should make it even better!

The motherboard is this one:

DSC_0090.JPG.f9a3fcd7d21c9312ce1365d0d3d44ac1.JPG

It uses an Android system with a custom hermetic interface. It works with retroarch, PSPSS and NAOMI.

When connecting a mouse/keyboard, and pressing CTRL+TAB. I can switch between the windows of each emulators and I see the menu of Retroarch, But, this menu is blocked, no controls are available.

I want to change some default options (e.g., the graphical filter which is bloqued to SuperEagle2X, breaking the charm of old 2D games).

Does anyone know a keyboard combination to activate control on the retroarch menu on those kind of pandora key 7?

I have tried to access to the memory of the device via PC. Do yo have any idea on how to do that?

I have seen an unused mini-usb port on the mainboard. When connecting it to PC nothing is detected.

DSC_0089.JPG.a1916b92b722eb38c95b6e20ac131f23.JPG

Using the hidden button as mentionned in a previous post, this menu appears

DSC_0088.JPG.d1f2d9fb34f0626898b0bbd57e534d1b.JPG

it can be controlled with a keyboard, but I don¬īt want to mess my Pandorabox, because most of those option are formatting the OS.

I have tried connecting USB ethernet/WIF Dondle, but nothing new appears inside my networks.

To sumamrize, considering this kind of device:

1- Does anyone know a keyboard combination to activate control on the retroarch menu on those kind of boxes?

2. Do yo have any idea on how to access to the memmory and modify files via a PC?

Thank you! This thread is very interesting!

• Like 1

En 22/1/2019 a las 23:00, sp0ke dijo:

Hello all,

I have pandora's key 7 (2177 games), I would like to access the system to edit roms and wallpapers. Looking a little how the box works, I found a hidden menu. But I do not know how to enter in these settings. Joysticks do not work to move, maybe you need to connect a specific controller or keyboard. I give you the method to have the secret menu: turn off the box, hold the button in photo and turn on the box and wait to see the page. If anyone has an idea to make a dump and move around the menus, please let them know.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Best Regards

Using a USB keyboard/mouse (with an usb hub) works for me! Do you have made any other discovers?

An interesting trick, when connecting Keybord, pressing f12 makes a 'savestate'. However, when launching the game you will always start from this savestate...

• Like 1

Le 07/02/2019 à 13:11, tatitomate a dit :

Using a USB keyboard/mouse (with an usb hub) works for me! Do you have made any other discovers?

An interesting trick, when connecting Keybord, pressing f12 makes a 'savestate'. However, when launching the game you will always start from this savestate...

Hello,

Thanks for this trick ! :very-good:

I've used mouse with an usb hub, it works fine ! :) You can format an USB key in Fat32 and copy/paste the img file  of TWRP ==>

Hidden Content

With this process, you can explore all files, example : you can change the backgrounds etc... But be careful, especially do not format the Nand,
because for rewrite on, it is not possible, the nand is protected.

Hidden Content

Edited by sp0ke

En 7/2/2019 a las 13:25, sp0ke dijo:

Hello,

Thanks for this trick ! :very-good:

I've used mouse with an usb hub, it works fine ! :) You can format an USB key in Fat32 and copy/paste the img file  of TWRP ==>

Hidden Content

With this process, you can explore all files, example : you can change the backgrounds etc... But be careful, especially do not format the Nand,
because for rewrite on, it is not possible, the nand is protected.

Hidden Content

Thank you for the informtaion.

Can you explain with a more details how to load the TWRP? Just run the pandorabox with this file the usb?

The f12 savestates trick is finally not a good trick. Now, when I launch PSX game, it always run the same game... I would like to erase the savestate file with your TWRP process...

thank you!

Il y a 13 heures, tatitomate a dit :

Thank you for the informtaion.

Can you explain with a more details how to load the TWRP? Just run the pandorabox with this file the usb?

The f12 savestates trick is finally not a good trick. Now, when I launch PSX game, it always run the same game... I would like to erase the savestate file with your TWRP process...

thank you!

Hello,

In fact the (twrp_3.2.1-0_mojo.img) must be rename to (recovery.img) and copied on usb key (formated Fat32).

After you have to connect a HUB with USB key and a mouse.

You have to hold the little button on the card and turn on the pandora. The first screen is for select the language, and after you can click on "Advanced" and "File manager", you can now explore the system. :)

1550144352-20190214-114530.jpg

1550144359-20190214-114553.jpg

1550144364-20190214-114629.jpg

1550144370-20190214-115317.jpg

Citation

Edited by sp0ke

hace 6 horas, sp0ke dijo:

Hello,

In fact the (twrp_3.2.1-0_mojo.img) must be rename to (recovery.img) and copied on usb key (formated Fat32).

After you have to connect a HUB with USB key and a mouse.

You have to hold the little button on the card and turn on the pandora. The first screen is for select the language, and after you can click on "Advanced" and "File manager", you can now explore the system. :)

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thank you!

A last question: is the little bouton the one of your previous picture?

Because, currently, I have located a similar button (mine is close to the fan), but when I press it and hold it, with the USB drive connected to the PK with the image, the pandora key always start with the classical android recovery menu (see my previous picture). Is there is another button? Is there is a special way to press the boutton?

Thank you again for your help!

Yep brilliant info thanks for helping. So my friend has a pandora 5s and now I have all these files does that mean I can help him upgrade to the pandora 7. Thanks again for all of the help

Il y a 2 heures, tatitomate a dit :

Thank you!

A last question: is the little bouton the one of your previous picture?

Because, currently, I have located a similar button (mine is close to the fan), but when I press it and hold it, with the USB drive connected to the PK with the image, the pandora key always start with the classical android recovery menu (see my previous picture). Is there is another button? Is there is a special way to press the boutton?

Thank you again for your help!

Yes, near the fan. Use the USB port, this one below 

===> You have to use the TWRP version 3.0.2 here ===> 

Hidden Content

and new version ==> 3.2.3 ==> 

Hidden Content

I just realized that the first link does not work, sorry

1550173622-capture.jpg

1550173024-your-card.jpg

Citation

Edited by sp0ke

hace 17 horas, sp0ke dijo:

Yes, near the fan. Use the USB port, this one below 

===> You have to use the TWRP version 3.0.2 here ===> 

Hidden Content

and new version ==> 3.2.3 ==> 

Hidden Content

I just realized that the first link does not work, sorry

1550173622-capture.jpg

Hidden Content

Thank you! It works perfectly!

A trick: use a high quality USB, because with one of my cheap USB the mouse was not working.

Now there are a lot of intesresting files. I have quickly see that there are some init files for options.

It would be interesting to enumerate the possibilities and interesting option files.

There are some open questions. Here a few ones:

- If we modify those files with notepad in windows 10, does the PK7 will read them?

- Is there si a way to make a complete backup (in case of deep failure)? Waht should be the size?

- How to remove or chnge the graphical shader (commonly super eagle)?

- How to force neogeo games to be in MVS or AES (to acces to some interesting options)?

- How to add our own game (e.g. Golden axe II)?

- Is it possible to add additional cores?

I think that this thread should be discussed in a new subject of this forum specific to this pandora key 7 system....

hace 19 horas, fire10 dijo:

Yep brilliant info thanks for helping. So my friend has a pandora 5s and now I have all these files does that mean I can help him upgrade to the pandora 7. Thanks again for all of the help

Be carefull, I think that the motherboard+CPU+GPU are not the same, so the backup should not be compatible....

• Like 1

Il y a 5 heures, tatitomate a dit :

Be carefull, I think that the motherboard+CPU+GPU are not the same, so the backup should not be compatible....

I confirm, it is not compatible. 

Il y a 6 heures, tatitomate a dit :

Thank you! It works perfectly!

A trick: use a high quality USB, because with one of my cheap USB the mouse was not working.

Now there are a lot of intesresting files. I have quickly see that there are some init files for options.

It would be interesting to enumerate the possibilities and interesting option files.

- If we modify those files with notepad in windows 10, does the PK7 will read them?

- Is there si a way to make a complete backup (in case of deep failure)? Waht should be the size?

- How to remove or chnge the graphical shader (commonly super eagle)?

- How to force neogeo games to be in MVS or AES (to acces to some interesting options)?

I think that this thread should be discussed in a new subject of this forum specific to this pandora key 7 system....

To modify, I suggest (Notpad++)==>

Hidden Content

With TWRP you can make a backup, but it is not complete, there is no games, just the system
- How to remove or change the graphical shader (commonly super eagle)?
You have to find the directory and modify the settings
- How to force neogeo games to be in MVS or AES (to acces to some interesting options)?
Sorry! I don't know
You can add your games from usb or sdcard, it is more simple.
Yes, but I don't tryed

En 15/2/2019 a las 20:40, sp0ke dijo:

To modify, I suggest (Notpad++)==>

Hidden Content

With TWRP you can make a backup, but it is not complete, there is no games, just the system
- How to remove or change the graphical shader (commonly super eagle)?
You have to find the directory and modify the settings
- How to force neogeo games to be in MVS or AES (to acces to some interesting options)?
Sorry! I don't know
You can add your games from usb or sdcard, it is more simple.
Yes, but I don't tryed

Thank you for your help and interesting answer.

I have found how to add wallpapers in (/data/media/fw/wallpaper). My PK is now more beatiful!

I have found the confg files of retroarch and will try to changes some parameters. But the options are limited.

For adding games, most of the pandora key 7 does not allow to add directly 2D game via USB ('only' susport N64, PSP, PSX and DC). Do you have any alternative solution for adding 2d game via USB?

I have seen that the format are ***.2d and ***.3d for the included roms (roms+title+image or video). Do you have any idea on how generate those kind of files?

MY pause menu (which should be the retroarch menu) only hace the option EXTI and RESUME. Do you know how to add more options (such as SAVE STATES, CORE OPTIONS, ETC?) as in classical retroarch?

Finally, do you have seen an internet link with more details about the PK7 modification?

Thank you again.

Il y a 5 heures, tatitomate a dit :

Thank you for your help and interesting answer.

I have found how to add wallpapers in (/data/media/fw/wallpaper). My PK is now more beatiful!

I have found the confg files of retroarch and will try to changes some parameters. But the options are limited.

For adding games, most of the pandora key 7 does not allow to add directly 2D game via USB ('only' susport N64, PSP, PSX and DC). Do you have any alternative solution for adding 2d game via USB?

I have seen that the format are ***.2d and ***.3d for the included roms (roms+title+image or video). Do you have any idea on how generate those kind of files?

MY pause menu (which should be the retroarch menu) only hace the option EXTI and RESUME. Do you know how to add more options (such as SAVE STATES, CORE OPTIONS, ETC?) as in classical retroarch?

Finally, do you have seen an internet link with more details about the PK7 modification?

Thank you again.

You're welcome ;)

For adding games 2d, you have to create a directory named "2d" and  an another named "roms", into you can put your

games 2d, neogeo, mame, fba to (zip) format.

I didn't found how changing the settings in the file : retroarch.cfg from directory 

/data/media/0/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/

into this file you can see on line 801 where put the cores and line 365 where is the filter "SuperEagles.filt"

No I have not seen an internet link with more details about the PK7 modification? 

No I do not find how to add more options, like you I'm looking for how to do it.

Edited by sp0ke
  • Like 1

En 30/1/2019 a las 13:20, sp0ke dijo:

Hi,

The pandora key 7 has an android system with Retroarch, I think that backup is not compatible, but you can try it.

Below the link for the backup Pandrora Key 7 and RetroPan for pandora 6 et 6s

Hidden Content

Video  

Have a nice day

Es posible poner el RetroPan en una Pandora Box 5 original??

lo he intentado y no enciende ni por vga ni por hdmi

hace 31 minutos, pepe dijo:

Es posible poner el RetroPan en una Pandora Box 5 original??

lo he intentado y no enciende ni por vga ni por hdmi

Creo que si PB 5+ y 6... LA 5 'simple' no lo sé...

Yo tengo un Pandora Key y parece que  tampoco funciona, estoy un poco disgustado...

hace 17 horas, sp0ke dijo:

You're welcome ;)

For adding games 2d, you have to create a directory named "2d" and  an another named "roms", into you can put your

I didn't found how changing the settings in the file : retroarch.cfg from directory 

into this file you can see on line 801 where put the cores and line 365 where is the filter "SuperEagles.filt"

No I have not seen an internet link with more details about the PK7 modification? 

No I do not find how to add more options, like you I'm looking for how to do it.

Your are my heroe! Adding 2D games works!!!!

Despite the fact the seller tell me that it is not possible to add 2d games!!!

In fact PAndora Key 7=Pandora Treasure 3D= we can add 3d and MAME 2d games.

However, I have seen that only some MAME game are compatbile. And If they are compatible, they appear with the complete name. They are registered in the database of the emulator. For instance gs2.zip=Golden Axe 2... The name is automatically fullfiled. Very interesting...

Non MAME/FBA roms does not works... Additional core should be added... I have no info for doing that...

Modifying the retroarch.ini (some options, such that does not activate the filter or add keyboard shortcuts) seems not working... Maybe the used INI file is in another place? Does changes have affected your PK?

IF at any time you have additional info about how accessing deepwitch (changin game options), please give me the information.

I have tried to mount the unibios (see: 

Hidden Content

) in the /mame/roms/nogeo.zip, it does not have any impact on neogeo games...

I will post later future experiments...

Hi guys,

I have the Pandora treasure, and the 1080p resolution I think is an issue that make the pandora runs some 3d games slow, so...

there is a way to change the resolution to 720 ?

there is a way to activate image optimization to PSX games that is off ?

there is a way to lower resolution for 2d mame games to don't suffer game tearing ?

And.... there is a way to have a search game option or something that's help to find games ?????

I use the USB flash drive to add 2d and 3d games, it have a mame4all android and this support ramset 0.139u1.

Treasure and 7key have n64, DC,PSX PSP and naomi (atomiswave) emulator

I will try the twrp trick to change wallpapers ….

Thanks

hace 1 hora, waltiti dijo:

Hi guys,

I have the Pandora treasure, and the 1080p resolution I think is an issue that make the pandora runs some 3d games slow, so...

there is a way to change the resolution to 720 ?

there is a way to activate image optimization to PSX games that is off ?

there is a way to lower resolution for 2d mame games to don't suffer game tearing ?

And.... there is a way to have a search game option or something that's help to find games ?????

I use the USB flash drive to add 2d and 3d games, it have a mame4all android and this support ramset 0.139u1.

Treasure and 7key have n64, DC,PSX PSP and naomi (atomiswave) emulator

I will try the twrp trick to change wallpapers ….

Thanks

We have the same problem. In fact the resolution is not the big deal, the used interpolated shader is the most GPU consuming.

It can be changed in retroarch,ini, however, modifying this file does not have any impact on the Games... Maybe there is several location for this file... But where?

If I have any news I will send you a new message. Currently I am also blocked...

I have done a 'grep retroarch.ini' in the console of TWRP.... But nothing appears at this moment....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tatitomate said:

We have the same problem. In fact the resolution is not the big deal, the used interpolated shader is the most GPU consuming.

It can be changed in retroarch,ini, however, modifying this file does not have any impact on the Games... Maybe there is several location for this file... But where?

If I have any news I will send you a new message. Currently I am also blocked...

I have done a 'grep retroarch.ini' in the console of TWRP.... But nothing appears at this moment....

Thanks man I appreciate a lot !!

Well retroarch is using cores, and if you see PSX games looks like don't have the " optimization on " ( not sure if is the right name) and all the PSX games looks pixelated, but this not happened on the other cores like N64 DC etc etc. So maybe, is not a global retroarch option that apply to all cores, may be is a core option, may be is an ini file inside each core " folder". Im not an android or retroarch techy only thinking, LOL. Need to know the folder structure of retroarch.

Not sure if you see but on the mame  0.139u1 romset there are lots of 3d games like Tekken , Tekken tag, VF to say some that runs slow, but not much, maybe with some tweaking on mame can work well.

Also on mame if we can change the option to use the mouse also as control, you can use an air mouse as light gun for shooting games and can play some arcade gambling style.

Also, on the other emulators like you say the interpolated shaders, and maybe also the 1080p that is too much, or the frame rate, make the 3d games run slower or with some background glitches and some old 2d games have some tearing.

Im asking too much hahahah sorry

Im not so techy with android, retroarch or mame4all  so Im a little scared to make changes and ruin the Pandora hahha I will start with the wallpaper lol !!!

Question you use the TWRp s912 version or the TWRP mojo.?????????

ALSO, The Pandora Treasure and the 7 key are the same , here is the manual with the CPU GPU etc etc maybe helps.

Thanks

Hidden Content

Edited by waltiti

hace 11 horas, waltiti dijo:

Well retroarch is using cores, and if you see PSX games looks like don't have the " optimization on " ( not sure if is the right name) and all the PSX games looks pixelated, but this not happened on the other cores like N64 DC etc etc. So maybe, is not a global retroarch option that apply to all cores, may be is a core option, may be is an ini file inside each core " folder". Im not an android or retroarch techy only thinking, LOL. Need to know the folder structure of retroarch.

Not sure if you see but on the mame  0.139u1 romset there are lots of 3d games like Tekken , Tekken tag, VF to say some that runs slow, but not much, maybe with some tweaking on mame can work well.

Also on mame if we can change the option to use the mouse also as control, you can use an air mouse as light gun for shooting games and can play some arcade gambling style.

Also, on the other emulators like you say the interpolated shaders, and maybe also the 1080p that is too much, or the frame rate, make the 3d games run slower or with some background glitches and some old 2d games have some tearing.

Im not so techy with android, retroarch or mame4all  so Im a little scared to make changes and ruin the Pandora hahha I will start with the wallpaper lol !!!

ALSO, The Pandora Treasure and the 7 key are the same , here is the manual with the CPU GPU etc etc maybe helps.

Thanks

Hidden Content

Use the TWRp s912  on a good USB drive (else it will not be recognized)... Mojo seems to not working....

I have found an interesting file 'mesondisplay.cfg' in System (don¬īt remeber the sub folder), but you have to mount System in TWRP,¬†which contains:

# 1.device type [MID | MBOX | TV]
# 2.soc type [meson3 | meson6 | meson8 | meson8b | meson8m2]
#
# 3.if the device is MID, need set fb0 & fb1 width height fbbits triplebuffer
# example: MID meson8b 768 1024 32 1 1280 720 32 1
# busybox fbset -fb /dev/graphics/fb0 -g 768 1024 768 3072 32
# busybox fbset -fb /dev/graphics/fb1 -g 1280 720 1280 2160 32
#
#   if the device is MBOX, need set default ui [720p | 1080p]

MBOX meson8m2 1080p
\ No newline at end of file

Maybe if you change this file to 720p the resolution of your box will change. Always make a safe copy of your original files! As said by Sp0ke previously use notepad++, it works and conserve the orginial file format.

I will try to change shaders by other ways...

Tell me if you have any news...

Thanks

hace 11 horas, waltiti dijo:

Thanks

Hidden Content

Mmmh cahnging resolution seems to be more tricky than modifying a file, see: 

Hidden Content

En 18/2/2019 a las 17:37, sp0ke dijo:

You're welcome ;)

Just for your information, I have installed Lakka (ver: 

Hidden Content

) and it runs perfectly (without damaging the original PK7 partition, removing the SD card you come back to your original PK). However I am not sur how to make it works without ethernet... Maybe an usb ethernet adaptator... All options of Retroarch are available... Unfortunately it comes without any installed core...

I confirm that modifying ini files does not impact the games... 

1 hour ago, tatitomate said:

Just for your information, I have installed Lakka (ver: 

Hidden Content

) and it runs perfectly (without damaging the original PK7 partition, removing the SD card you come back to your original PK). However I am not sur how to make it works without ethernet... Maybe an usb ethernet adaptator... All options of Retroarch are available... Unfortunately it comes without any installed core...

I confirm that modifying ini files does not impact the games... 

Cool !!! Im with the basic try to change the wallpaper LOL

So, you install Lakka on the SD card, and the SD card is bootable, like TWRP? or you install it on a partition of the Board?  Because could be great have a USB flash drive with Lakka + cores + games, and who know other apps, like arcade pinball to say some. 

great job bro !!!!!

Edited by waltiti

hace 48 minutos, waltiti dijo:

So, you install Lakka on the SD card, and the SD card is bootable, like TWRP? or you install it on a partition of the Board?  Because could be great have a USB flash drive with Lakka + cores + games, and who know other apps, like arcade pinball to say some. 

great job bro !!!!!

Write the image on a SD card...

Insert the SD card on your PK.

Reboot your PK as for TWRP. A flower appears and It will resize¬†the SD card. Don¬īt be affraid PK system is safe. It reboot and VOILA!!!!

Now as there is no Ethernet port you have to use usb Wifi dondel (or usb ethernet maybe it works) to connect to your network.

You can also plug an usb drive, it is compatible and appears in storage/roms.

However, now I am a blocked: How do I install cores in Lakka??? It comes without any core....

I am going to bed... If you have any idea please tell me...

Also libreelec can be installed (but carefull do not format your PK system)...

We keep in touch... Good night!

hello

I have a doubt
I have one pandora key 7 and wanted to take the freeplay mode games to running with coins.
Does anyone know how I can do this?

hace 23 horas, waltiti dijo:

great job bro !!!!!

Just for informaiton, Reformatting the SD card and reinstalling Lakka works... Now all core appears... I think Lakka must be clsoed properly. That is exiting retroarch...

Now It is working perfectly!!!

Edited by tatitomate

hace 11 horas, xikoz dijo:

hello

I have a doubt
I have one pandora key 7 and wanted to take the freeplay mode games to running with coins.
Does anyone know how I can do this?

For the momet modifying the options of retroarch in the PK7 does not work due to write proection of system files...

Try Lakka mentionned above, however at this moment it is not perfect as the PK7 joystick are not detected... Need to find the PK7 stick drivers in the system....

Le 18/02/2019 à 17:37, sp0ke a dit :

You're welcome ;)

Thank you !

Finally I can add 2d games!

Do you know how to add a snapshot or a video ?

Le 24/02/2019 à 18:27, joishere a dit :

Thank you !

Finally I can add 2d games!

Do you know how to add a snapshot or a video ?

I tried to add videos for 2D games, but it does not work. I think it maybe an error of the provider.

There's a Blue Elf 2 card in the arcade machine. I know I've used it before. Very bad system.

I used Pandora 3 and 4.

Which of the new exits should be taken ? Which is more advantageous ? Or do I take the old card with the files given in the issue and update the software from usb ?