Boomslangnz

[Arcade PC] FFB Arcade Plugin

il y a 11 minutes, Boomslangnz a dit :

Could you try it on the other M2 emulator games too and see if same issues occur?

Ok, this evening if i have spare time:very-good:

amazing, great job! 
the result is absolutely fantastic with Outrun2 and ID8.
I test the other games now

BRAVO !

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lesteph25 said:

amazing, great job! 
the result is absolutely fantastic with Outrun2 and ID8.
I test the other games now

BRAVO !

Really glad you are enjoying it!

Thanks for the kind comments 

Hi @Boomslangnz

Here is a report from my latest tests on m2 emulator v1.1a

Edited on sept, 04, 2018:

Daytona usa, indy 500 -> wangan's road effect when turning even a little is no more!

I had an old unwanted settings for my model2 emulator inside logitech profiler. My wheel was set on 200° . It is not enough. I set it to 270° it' s perfect now! 

Sega gt 24 --> no effect at all (even when i put ffb to 4 in test menu)

Over rev -> no effect or very very weak effect ( i have set the game as you recommand in test menu ). I need to try again with this game.

Sega touring car -> strong and good effect! :very-good:, but the game is so crappy! :ptdr: .. too bad

Sega rally -> ffb is working.

I also tried wave runner gp, -> i didn'nt notice any ffb effect for this game.

And regarding tp 

ID6, ID7, ID8: --> awesome, i have had to lower a bit the ffb ( max value around 80  regarding initialD serie )

And especially since i reconnected my real initial D sequential shifter !!! :rolleyes:, these games are absolutely excellent!!!

Edited by ginzu

Posted gti club test version on tekno discord if anyone is wanting it. If anyone has gti cabinet at their local arcade I would like to know how wheel reacts when hitting walls etc please 

On 8/31/2018 at 10:01 AM, ginzu said:

Hi @Boomslangnz

Here is a report from my latest tests on m2 emulator v1.1a

Edited on sept, 04, 2018:

Daytona usa, indy 500 -> wangan's road effect when turning even a little is no more!

I had an old unwanted settings for my model2 emulator inside logitech profiler. My wheel was set on 200° . It is not enough. I set it to 270° it' s perfect now! 

Sega gt 24 --> no effect at all (even when i put ffb to 4 in test menu)

Over rev -> no effect or very very weak effect ( i have set the game as you recommand in test menu ). I need to try again with this game.

Sega touring car -> strong and good effect! :very-good:, but the game is so crappy! :ptdr: .. too bad

Sega rally -> ffb is working.

I also tried wave runner gp, -> i didn'nt notice any ffb effect for this game.

And regarding tp 

ID6, ID7, ID8: --> awesome, i have had to lower a bit the ffb ( max value around 80  regarding initialD serie )

And especially since i reconnected my real initial D sequential shifter !!! :rolleyes:, these games are absolutely excellent!!!

Glad to hear the steering issue got sorted. I was confused by it

Sega gt and over rev should work. I tested them again couple days ago

Yes,

I only have one detail left to settle,

I would like to feel less effect when i drive on the vibrators with ID6,ID7,ID8.... but didn'nt figured out how to set up.

I played with feedbacklenght and max/min forcefeedback value but, i never figured out the correct setting.

For me, the wheel is perfect with your default setting ( hardness when i turn) but the effect ( shake ) when i drive on certain surface is to much and my steering wheel shakes loudly at each end of the race... this is this effect i would like to delete.

:gene:

52 minutes ago, ginzu said:

Yes,

I would like to feel less effect when i drive on the vibrators with ID6,ID7,ID8.... but didn'nt figured out how to set up.

I played with feedbacklenght and max/min forcefeedback value but, i never figured out the correct setting.

For me, the wheel is perfect with your default setting ( hardness when i turn) but the effect ( shake ) when i drive on certain surface is to much and my steering wheel shakes loudly at each end of the race... this is this effect i would like to delete.

yeah there isn't really a option to modify just the sine effect without modifying constant effect (hardness when you turn)

ill send you a private test build to try

13 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

Posted gti club test version on tekno discord if anyone is wanting it. If anyone has gti cabinet at their local arcade I would like to know how wheel reacts when hitting walls etc please 

Hi can you share gti club ffb file on here I don't use discord

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steveball1976 said:

Hi can you share gti club ffb file on here I don't use discord

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

hi booms!  :)

a wish list if you don't know what to do in the day to come! :ptdr:

sega model 3 has already an embeded ffb effect if configured

... ok, but some games come without ffb effect

--> eca emergency call ambulance

--> dirtdvls dirt devils 

do you think it's possible one day to have ffb for these games?

also

Demul has no ffb effect... it's sad because demul embarks naomi games, and the well known ID1 (initdexp), ID2 (initdv2e) and ID3 (initdv3e) [export version].

it would be awesome to have ffb effect for these games too.

there are  also other games like jambo safari , crazy taxi and some other games running on atomiswave system, but you have already enough work right now and i can do you a favor and wait a little longer for the rest of my wish list     :ptdr:

2 hours ago, ginzu said:

hi booms!  :)

a wish list if you don't know what to do in the day to come! :ptdr:

sega model 3 has already an embeded ffb effect if configured

... ok, but some games come without ffb effect

--> eca emergency call ambulance

--> dirtdvls dirt devils 

do you think it's possible one day to have ffb for these games?

also

Demul has no ffb effect... it's sad because demul embarks naomi games, and the well known ID1 (initdexp), ID2 (initdv2e) and ID3 (initdv3e) [export version].

it would be awesome to have ffb effect for these games too.

there are  also other games like jambo safari , crazy taxi and some other games running on atomiswave system, but you have already enough work right now and i can do you a favor and wait a little longer for the rest of my wish list     :ptdr:

I did NASCAR racing on demul but rest of games unfortunately have a check for ffb board and address does nothing ingame so I can't do them 

Great! :very-good:

I didn't know about nascar!

For now i need to improve my homemade steering wheel support, so i will let you quiet for a while i think.

^_^

@GINZU you told you make an homemade steering wheel could you explain what are you doing ( perhaps you make same wheel like mine :) ) it could be cool if you use our system

Il y a 2 heures, bandicoot a dit :

@GINZU you told you make an homemade steering wheel could you explain what are you doing ( perhaps you make same wheel like mine :) ) it could be cool if you use our system

Hi bandicoot,

But, what kind of steering wheel do you use? 

on my side, I made myself a rotating support for my steering wheel but even if i improved it a bit today, it is not perfect at the moment.

hi Boomslangnz  your plugin is great would it be possible to do outrun in mame I know cannonball outrun has feedback and works well but in mame you have  more options

to alter screen and res the feedback in outrun just shakes wheel like arcade when you go off road

others that would be good if you get chance

turbo outrun

out runners

ace driver

Le 06/09/2018 à 06:45, ginzu a dit :

Yes,

salut, apres beaucoup de test, j'ai enfin compris comment gerer les effect dans initial D (ID8 pour mes test).

alors, en gros, si tu baisse le FFB depuis le profiler, ca diminuera la force des "tremblement" du volant dans les virage ou en cas de choc. Mais PAS sur l’effet de force du volant dans les virages !

et a l'inverse, les relargages inscrit dans le FFBplugin.ini affecterons les effect de force du volant (quand ont sent que ca décroche en drift)

en gros, je conseille pour une bonne base de mettre à 50% dans profiler

image.png.938a787fb896e75cbaa1687587e560d8.png

image.png.66018539303c6cd9824a999e33eb02eb.png

et également 50% dans le FFBplugin.ini

image.png.c2c3c37392bba70a18c069b20da5fd8c.png

autre chose, si vous changer la force dans les Option du jeu, ca n'influe que sur la force du volant, et pas sur les tremblement du volant.

a plus, et bon jeu

• Like 1

Le 26/09/2018 à 00:10, Lesteph25 a dit :

salut, apres beaucoup de test, j'ai enfin compris comment gerer les effect dans initial D (ID8 pour mes test).

alors, en gros, si tu baisse le FFB depuis le profiler, ca diminuera la force des "tremblement" du volant dans les virage ou en cas de choc. Mais PAS sur l’effet de force du volant dans les virages !

et a l'inverse, les relargages inscrit dans le FFBplugin.ini affecterons les effect de force du volant (quand ont sent que ca décroche en drift)

en gros, je conseille pour une bonne base de mettre à 50% dans profiler

image.png.938a787fb896e75cbaa1687587e560d8.png

image.png.66018539303c6cd9824a999e33eb02eb.png

et également 50% dans le FFBplugin.ini

image.png.c2c3c37392bba70a18c069b20da5fd8c.png

autre chose, si vous changer la force dans les Option du jeu, ca n'influe que sur la force du volant, et pas sur les tremblement du volant.

a plus, et bon jeu

Ok, merci pour tes tests.

En gros, je dois juste baisser encore un peu le ffb dans le profiler pour Id6/7/8.

😸

Edit: est ce que ton volant tremble a la fin de chaque course dans les ID?

Edited by ginzu

Oui il tremblotte a la fin de chaques course, mais j'avais trouver un bon equilibre a un moment, et avec ce reglagee il ne tremblai plus en fin de course.

il me semble que c'etait 60 pour profiler (avec le centrage decoché et sur 0), et 40 pour le FFBplugin.ini ..... (Ou l'inverse)

mais evidement, ca ne m'a pas suffit, et j'ai refais d'autre reglages.

il y a aussi une petite subtilité, en fait les reglage du FFBplugin.ini baisse "l'ensemble"  et non pas uniquement la force du volant,

c'est pour ca qu'il faut vraiment tatillonner entre les 2.

moipour les ID j'aime on sent un peu de resistance, mais pas de trop histoire de pouvoir passer les 540° du volant d'une mains quand on passe d'un extreme a l'autre, et j'ai remarqué que c'est plutot ce tremblement qui a tendence a alourdir le volant alors que la voiture ai sensé décrocher, avec donc le volant dans le vide.

j'essaierai de faire quelques essais ce week end

Il y a 9 heures, Lesteph25 a dit :

Oui il tremblotte a la fin de chaques course, mais j'avais trouver un bon equilibre a un moment, et avec ce reglagee il ne tremblai plus en fin de course.

il me semble que c'etait 60 pour profiler (avec le centrage decoché et sur 0), et 40 pour le FFBplugin.ini ..... (Ou l'inverse)

mais evidement, ca ne m'a pas suffit, et j'ai refais d'autre reglages.

il y a aussi une petite subtilité, en fait les reglage du FFBplugin.ini baisse "l'ensemble"  et non pas uniquement la force du volant,

c'est pour ca qu'il faut vraiment tatillonner entre les 2.

moipour les ID j'aime on sent un peu de resistance, mais pas de trop histoire de pouvoir passer les 540° du volant d'une mains quand on passe d'un extreme a l'autre, et j'ai remarqué que c'est plutot ce tremblement qui a tendence a alourdir le volant alors que la voiture ai sensé décrocher, avec donc le volant dans le vide.

j'essaierai de faire quelques essais ce week end

Ok. Bon courage  car j'y ai passé du temps et mes derniers essais n'étaient pas concluant a cause du tremblement du volant en fin de course dans les InitD uniquement. Pour tous les autres jeux, j'ai trouvé un réglage qui me convient.

De toute maniere, j'ai un nouveau projet en préparation et si j'y parviens, je vais résoudre un grand nombre de mes problèmes actuellement liés à l'installation de mon volant....

Donc pour l'heure, terminé les tests avec volant tant que je n'ai pas conçu le projet 2.0 :ptdr:

On 03/08/2018 at 2:26 PM, Boomslangnz said:

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Force Feedback added

Thanks, Logitech FFB Pro acting all weird with Sonic All Star Racing, looks like its going into a left right calibration loop but jittery and does not stop until I escape TeknoParrot. No issues with Mario Kart. Any settings in the ffb .ini to change?

Update: In race if i grab hold of the wheel it settles and ffb works, moment race is over it starts again with wheel turning left-right making selecting bit difficult. If I turn on alternative ffb in ini, the wheel turns all the way to the right with force.

Edited by Andrev

On 10/2/2018 at 10:08 AM, Andrev said:

Thanks, Logitech FFB Pro acting all weird with Sonic All Star Racing, looks like its going into a left right calibration loop but jittery and does not stop until I escape TeknoParrot. No issues with Mario Kart. Any settings in the ffb .ini to change?

Update: In race if i grab hold of the wheel it settles and ffb works, moment race is over it starts again with wheel turning left-right making selecting bit difficult. If I turn on alternative ffb in ini, the wheel turns all the way to the right with force.

Hm sounds like wheel is oscillating 

I recall sonic did seem to cause oscillation but fixed it on my wheel ok after I added friction to code to lower that happening

Play with the min/max force settings, most likely min force would stay at 0 and lower max force to try find a better balance

I'll have to try find a new way to code sonic up to avoid this oscillation being as bad 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

Hm sounds like wheel is oscillating 

I recall sonic did seem to cause oscillation but fixed it on my wheel ok after I added friction to code to lower that happening

Play with the min/max force settings, most likely min force would stay at 0 and lower max force to try find a better balance

I'll have to try find a new way to code sonic up to avoid this oscillation being as bad 

Thanks I will play around with those settings to see if the oscillation tones down.

hi boomslangz, great work, i'm using it mainly for BG4, any chance that somebody has a config file for a G27? It works with a DFGT, but i can't assign buttons on a G27....

G25 wheel. Copy the files to the daytona folder. 

Start up the game , it detects the ffb.

But turns up side down. Don't know what i do wrong pffff.

Yesterday wheel was turning half way. I messed up al my settings with the , so i installed everything from scratch. Now wheel turns up side down. 

Copy id from log oke

Also don't seem to work other then from the c drive. Don't work if the game is installed on the d drive.

il y a une heure, defre1976 a dit :

G25 wheel. Copy the files to the daytona folder. 

Start up the game , it detects the ffb.

But turns up side down. Don't know what i do wrong pffff.

Yesterday wheel was turning half way. I messed up al my settings with the , so i installed everything from scratch. Now wheel turns up side down. 

Copy id from log oke

Also don't seem to work other then from the c drive. Don't work if the game is installed on the d drive.

I've do full install in c:/ drive and after i've copy the folder in F:/ and ffb work fine for me. If you use x360ce do you have desable ffb ? (sorry for my bad english)

27 minutes ago, titf650 said:

I've do full install in c:/ drive and after i've copy the folder in F:/ and ffb work fine for me. If you use x360ce do you have desable ffb ? (sorry for my bad english)

Yes 100 % sure ffb is disabled in x360ce. Like i said the ffb seems to work. 

I start the game , you hear the wheel already having ffb. The game starts . I push start and my wheel turn up side down by itself. Don't know hox it comes. 

When i delete the 4 files for the ffb . The game runs fine but without ffb then offcourse. 

il y a 3 minutes, defre1976 a dit :

Yes 100 % sure ffb is disabled in x360ce. Like i said the ffb seems to work. 

I start the game , you hear the wheel already having ffb. The game starts . I push start and my wheel turn up side down by itself. Don't know hox it comes. 

When i delete the 4 files for the ffb . The game runs fine but without ffb then offcourse. 

Do you have have logitech software in taskbar ?