Boomslangnz

[Arcade PC] FFB Arcade Plugin

It seems many effects are missing in Battle Gear 4 Tuned. Is there a way to improve this? Are there tools to detect events and/or recreate effects. I am not able to code this, but maybe there is a way to do some of the work?

new version of plug in can be found here

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

This is driving me crazy. Whenever I test force feedback via GUI it says : controller does not support haptics. I am using the G29 and at one point it did actually work. I have tried uninstalling/installing drivers, rebooting, reinstall demul/ffb plugin and nothing works.

any ideas?

thanks

EDIT: Figured it out. I uninstalled the new G HUB and installed the old LGS. This seemed to fix the issue.

I now have a new issue.

Once IDAS3 starts up I can tell FFB is working because at the kick-back menu the wheel resets itself and I can also feel vibration in races.

However, the wheel is very stiff and it feels like its fighting me and always wants to return to neutral position. There is also clicks and jitter when I try to fight it.

Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks!

Edited by jjd416
Fixed

Hi, Im trying to get the FFB plugin to work with rtuned Ultimate Street Racing. but for some reason it wont work! every other game works perfectly.. I also updated to the newest version v2.0.0.3 but still no working ffb. anyone else have any issues with this game?

any help would be great,

Cheers!

On 10/18/2020 at 3:22 AM, leeroymad said:

Hi, Im trying to get the FFB plugin to work with rtuned Ultimate Street Racing. but for some reason it wont work! every other game works perfectly.. I also updated to the newest version v2.0.0.3 but still no working ffb. anyone else have any issues with this game?

any help would be great,

Cheers!

Yea I might have to tweak that

Seems alot of users ain't getting ffb working there even though it works for me 

On 10/18/2020 at 3:22 AM, leeroymad said:

any help would be great,

Cheers!

what file are you running rtuned with?

should be like dsr_HD

NOT dsr_HD_FFB

Le 19/10/2020 à 01:34, Boomslangnz a dit :

Yea I might have to tweak that

Seems alot of users ain't getting ffb working there even though it works for me 

I fear in most cases, the problem comes from bad usage. Configuration is not so difficult but requires some reading. I do not think many people read the Setup help. It could maybe be a bit more detailed.

Hi,

I Have 2 USB Guns that works with Recoil Feedback only in 2 games :

1. Alien Extermination (the game i bought originally with mini I/O Board with the 2 Big Guns, Blue and Pink).

2. Farcry paradise lost that use the same mini I/O Board (Both of the game is from VR Global so it make sense..)

beside those 2 games i'm not able to use any external software that recognized the guns with feedback. 

i try to run games like : Rambo, House of the Dead 4 , Transformers, Sega Golden Gun, Operation GHOST, Hunted Museum 2, Lost in the Jungle ... all of them using TeknoParrot latest version.

when i try to run a game in the log it says : "No Haptic Joystick Found" 

when i know for sure the guns support the recoil becuase as i mention it works on 2 games...

any idea how can i turn the recoil on those guns? :gene:

the guns recognized as D-Input if that metters..and the name that windows recoginzed them is : XinYeDigital

RA-3-IN-1-GUN-KITlg.jpg

1 hour ago, amosico said:

Hi,

I Have 2 USB Guns that works with Recoil Feedback only in 2 games :

1. Alien Extermination (the game i bought originally with mini I/O Board with the 2 Big Guns, Blue and Pink).

2. Farcry paradise lost that use the same mini I/O Board (Both of the game is from VR Global so it make sense..)

beside those 2 games i'm not able to use any external software that recognized the guns with feedback. 

i try to run games like : Rambo, House of the Dead 4 , Transformers, Sega Golden Gun, Operation GHOST, Hunted Museum 2, Lost in the Jungle ... all of them using TeknoParrot latest version.

when i try to run a game in the log it says : "No Haptic Joystick Found" 

when i know for sure the guns support the recoil becuase as i mention it works on 2 games...

any idea how can i turn the recoil on those guns? :gene:

the guns recognized as D-Input if that metters..and the name that windows recoginzed them is : XinYeDigital

RA-3-IN-1-GUN-KITlg.jpg

hm I do not think it will work with FFB Plugin simply because its not a haptic device in the typical sense eg Rumble or FFB

Think it enables a solenoid or such to work on those guns to create the vibration feedback

Best option would be to see if you can get mamehooker to work on the guns, then you can use OutputBlaster to create the Recoil feedback

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

On 19/10/2020 at 9:03 AM, Boomslangnz said:

what file are you running rtuned with?

should be like dsr_HD

NOT dsr_HD_FFB

Hi Boomsangnz,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Yes im using dsr HD, I tried them all but still the same result. maybe its something im doing i dont know. thanks for all your work your FFB plugin its amazing!

Edited by leeroymad

On 20/10/2020 at 6:38 PM, holmes said:

I fear in most cases, the problem comes from bad usage. Configuration is not so difficult but requires some reading. I do not think many people read the Setup help. It could maybe be a bit more detailed.

yes i read the setup. all the other games are working correctly!

7 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

hm I do not think it will work with FFB Plugin simply because its not a haptic device in the typical sense eg Rumble or FFB

Think it enables a solenoid or such to work on those guns to create the vibration feedback

Best option would be to see if you can get mamehooker to work on the guns, then you can use OutputBlaster to create the Recoil feedback

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks for your reply,

but MameHooker don't recognized the Guns at all (already in contact with Howard Castro the Creator of MameHooker try to help me..)

I will give a try to ouputblaster,

this is a new software i'm not familiar with. i will update if outputblaster recognize the guns. thanks !

10 hours ago, leeroymad said:

Sorry for the delayed reply. Yes im using dsr HD, I tried them all but still the same result. maybe its something im doing i dont know. thanks for all your work your FFB plugin its amazing!

Ok is it possible for us to do a teamviewer session to fix the issue?

It works fine on my pc so it's hard for me to find problem otherwise

10 hours ago, amosico said:

Thanks for your reply,

but MameHooker don't recognized the Guns at all (already in contact with Howard Castro the Creator of MameHooker try to help me..)

this is a new software i'm not familiar with. i will update if outputblaster recognize the guns. thanks !

That's good, Howard is a good man.

Output Blaster does not connect to guns etc at all however, it sends output data from games to mamehooker etc for mamehooker to then send onto devices. If Howard can find a way to send signal to gun to trigger solenoid then output blaster can send the trigger feedback to it

Il y a 13 heures, amosico a dit :

Thanks for your reply,

if you find a way to make it work don't forget to report :)

i've got the same gun ( not build my cabinet , but when i've time)

Guess it's my turn to voice my concerns.

Just got this brand new G29 and was looking to play Initial D Arcade Stage 8 Infinity with force feedback. Downloaded and installed the GUI, set it all up, worked like a dream. I was using the old Logitech gaming software at the time.

Long story short I had to change a few things around to fit my preferences which had me installing the newer, fancier version of the Logitech software: G Hub (image). I figured "okay, don't need the old Logitech software anymore" so I deleted it without a second thought.

Set up my force feedback options in the GUI like normal, went to test it using the various test buttons, and got a "Warning: controller does not support haptics" error.

I don't think I need to explain why this is an issue.

Edit: Okay so I reinstalled the Logitech gaming software, restarted my computer and...yeah, we have force feedback again. The FFB plugins don't work with the new G Hub, apparently. I'll think twice before I start deleting things all willy-nilly again.

Capture.PNG

Edited by redheadbutnotreally

Il y a 17 heures, Boomslangnz a dit :

Hi Boomslangnz i would like to ask you what mean in option of ID Zero :

General - WheelRestriction : 97

The ffb arcade plugin  works for sega rally 1 on model 2 emulator but not

Super GT 24H  for me atleast. not sure why

Hi Boomslangz,

I was wondering why the output blaster is not working for me. i have implemented as instructed and pasted the 32 bit dll + config version in both elf folder of Segaracetv and rtuned(the 64bit kit would cause outputblaster to fail) . Outputs enabled in teknoparrot.  However non of the games received feedback . I tried loading tp as administrator but no vail. Tested on both win 7 and 10. 

Worth to mention , when Tp loads the game , the log tells me outputblaster loaded , however the budjie loader window mentions an error: amlibnit cannot open /proc/bus/pci/00/1f.0 accepted socket.

Any ideas?

Edited by naderkadd1981

20 hours ago, naderkadd1981 said:

Hi Boomslangz,

I was wondering why the output blaster is not working for me. i have implemented as instructed and pasted the 32 bit dll + config version in both elf folder of Segaracetv and rtuned(the 64bit kit would cause outputblaster to fail) . Outputs enabled in teknoparrot.  However non of the games received feedback . I tried loading tp as administrator but no vail. Tested on both win 7 and 10. 

Worth to mention , when Tp loads the game , the log tells me outputblaster loaded , however the budjie loader window mentions an error: amlibnit cannot open /proc/bus/pci/00/1f.0 accepted socket.

Any ideas?

no sorry, come to discord sometime and we can try sort

Il y a 2 heures, Boomslangnz a dit :

New FFB Arcade Plugin Release

Hidden Content

Good thank you for this :

- Fix Rumble issues with Let's Go Island & Let's Go Island 3D

Added IDZ Mode for Initial D Zero to match FFB code used on other ID games. Select either Mode 0,1 or 2 now and see what you think (Mode 0 is same code that's been available for awhile)

On 12/10/2020 at 10:02 PM, jjd416 said:

This is driving me crazy. Whenever I test force feedback via GUI it says : controller does not support haptics. I am using the G29 and at one point it did actually work. I have tried uninstalling/installing drivers, rebooting, reinstall demul/ffb plugin and nothing works.

any ideas?

thanks

EDIT: Figured it out. I uninstalled the new G HUB and installed the old LGS. This seemed to fix the issue.

I now have a new issue.

Once IDAS3 starts up I can tell FFB is working because at the kick-back menu the wheel resets itself and I can also feel vibration in races.

However, the wheel is very stiff and it feels like its fighting me and always wants to return to neutral position. There is also clicks and jitter when I try to fight it.

Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks!

Hi, I'm currently in the same boat you were in; just bought a new G920 for use with teknoparot and other emulators and I'm getting the "Warning! Controller does not support haptic!" message- it's driving me bonkers!....

I have installed LGS rather than G Hub and I still get the same error - can anyone help? I'd really like to try out this great plug in.

On 25/10/2020 at 5:19 AM, redheadbutnotreally said:

Guess it's my turn to voice my concerns.

Just got this brand new G29 and was looking to play Initial D Arcade Stage 8 Infinity with force feedback. Downloaded and installed the GUI, set it all up, worked like a dream. I was using the old Logitech gaming software at the time.

Long story short I had to change a few things around to fit my preferences which had me installing the newer, fancier version of the Logitech software: G Hub (image). I figured "okay, don't need the old Logitech software anymore" so I deleted it without a second thought.

Set up my force feedback options in the GUI like normal, went to test it using the various test buttons, and got a "Warning: controller does not support haptics" error.

I don't think I need to explain why this is an issue.

Edit: Okay so I reinstalled the Logitech gaming software, restarted my computer and...yeah, we have force feedback again. The FFB plugins don't work with the new G Hub, apparently. I'll think twice before I start deleting things all willy-nilly again.

Capture.PNG

I have Logitec gaming software installed and I can't get the FFB plug-in to work at all:-( i still gwt the "does not support haptics" message. 

15 hours ago, Wolfman said:

I have Logitec gaming software installed and I can't get the FFB plug-in to work at all:-( i still gwt the "does not support haptics" message. 

Hi

Hidden Content

Please install this and try