Boomslangnz

[Arcade PC] FFB Arcade Plugin

On 7/19/2018 at 9:31 AM, segaoutrun123 said:

just tried Daytona championship again when I load with launcher no ffb but have manual gears work but use exe I have ffb but no manual gears

just gears to sort and i will  be  a happy :banana:

^^^ What he said!!

59 minutes ago, erdoboy43 said:

Hi All,

I wander if you can help me please. I am trying to get the rumble working on Sega Rally 3, using my Xbox 360 controller. It will not work for me using Teknparrot (I get a message saying fricton control not enabled, force feedback not supported) and when i load Sega Rally using Game Loader Rh i cannot control the game at all using the Xbox 360 pad.

Thanks in advance for any help

Steven

Turn off force feedback in teknoparrotui 

Il y a 8 heures, ginzu a dit :

Ah ah! :very-good::ptdr: Aganyte!!!!

Mais oui! Aganyte de gamoover.

Aganyte  est un expert dans ce domaine : ( montage de volant, cartes pcb et L2M2, moteur happ).

D'ailleur l'un de mes premiers projets etait de monter un moteur happ en lieu et place de celui fournit avec le driving force. Tout ca controllé par un module alimentation brushless ( je ne me souviens plus du therme exact), je n'ai jamais mener le projet au bout. 

Par contre je pige toujours pas. Tu me dit que le volant fait sa sequence d'initialisation a chaque fois que tu demarre un.nouveau jeu.... ?

edit: chez moi, le dfgt fait une séquence droite-gauche-droite quand je le branche et puis c'es tout.

Je parle du reglage dans le menu test de CHASE HQ2 lors de la calibration la sequence guahce est OK pas la droite puisque le volant ne tourne que dans un sens

Slight change again to support Mame binary 32 or 64bit aswell as MameUI64. Supports all the San Francisco Rush games and Rave Racer. Only works on Mame version 0.199 of those

Please read txt file for info before messaging that it doesn't work!

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply. I have tried this and get no rumble in Teknoparrot at all. Also why is my xbox 360 pad not being recognized in Game Loader RH, I cant find a way to configure, in pad.ini tab it wont let me select any inputs using the Xbox 360 pad, so i cant get past the title screen.

Thanks for your help

Thanks for your reply. I have tried this and get no rumble in Teknoparrot at all. Also why is my xbox 360 pad not being recognized in Game Loader RH, I cant find a way to configure, in pad.ini tab it wont let me select any inputs using the Xbox 360 pad, so i cant get past the title screen.

Thanks for your help

Thanks for your help

Thanks for your help

Thanks for your help

14 ore fa, Boomslangnz ha scritto:

Hm no it should work on driving force pro fine I think. Think that's what spazzy tested his ffb on

As long as you have copied all files to mame folder and using the 0.199 mame binary on official site either 32bit or 64 then it should work fine on San Francisco.  You have put guid number to ini file?

"You have put guid number to ini file?"

No, I've not. What I've to do exactely?

Thx

Check ini file and ensure logging=1

Load game then exit after a few seconds

check log.txt file in the folder and it will contain your GUID number

copy and paste this to ini file and then you can turn Logging off if you want.

24 minuti fa, Boomslangnz ha scritto:

Check ini file and ensure logging=1

Load game then exit after a few seconds

check log.txt file in the folder and it will contain your GUID number

copy and paste this to ini file and then you can turn Logging off if you want.

I'll do, thankyou very much

8 ore fa, binkia73 ha scritto:

I'll do, thankyou very much

Perfect!

A M A Z I N G     J O B !!!

If I can suggest a mame game worthy of your magic, i think VIRTUA RACING is a great title!

• Like 1

On 7/23/2018 at 7:14 AM, Moksi said:

yes the values stays 0

with ahk spy: MAME: San Francisco Rush: The Rock (ROM Boot L 1.0, GUTS Oct 6 1997 / MAIN Oct 16 1997) [sfrushrk]
                         ahk_class MAME
                         ahk_exe mameui64.exe

New version works on mameui64 too just for you lol 

Edited by Boomslangnz
  • Thanks 1

This is amazing.  Great work Boomslangnz.  Can't wait to test on my xbox 360 racing wheel.  I wonder if Cruis'n USA or World could get force feedback in the future? Those are my favorite older racing arcade games.  

Update: Tried with MKDX and Wacky Races using my xbox 360 controller and it worked great.  Can't wait to test more tonight.  Thanks again!

Edited by dgrace

another day, another change lol, fixed the sfrush games as outputs were part of FFB address so fixed now as could of made FFB effects do unnecessary effects. Supports Sfrush 2049 TE now & Modified Rave Racer FFB code as was missing some effects eg jumps.

Hidden Content

Edited by Boomslangnz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great job. @Boomslangnz

Il y a 1 heure, Boomslangnz a dit :

another day, another change lol, fixed the sfrush games as outputs were part of FFB address so fixed now as could of made FFB effects do unnecessary effects. Supports Sfrush 2049 TE now & Modified Rave Racer FFB code as was missing some effects eg jumps.

Hidden Content

Good job again.:very-good:

Will it be compatible with arcade64?

Thx

25 minutes ago, ginzu said:

Good job again.:very-good:

Will it be compatible with arcade64?

Thx

Compatible with mame binary 32 and 64bit and mameui64 for version 0.199

You will have to try it on that to see

I don't have alot of interest in keeping up to date with latest mame right now either even tho I could but it would take me at least an hour or 2 to update all the addresses each time a new mame comes out etc. I would like to look into making plugin read outputs from mame so it works on all future mame games etc

But for now my focus was on trying to get ffb code going accurately on those mame games as much as possible.

Could someone let me know how Rave Racer feels please too.

Thanks guys

• Thanks 1

Hi Boomslangnz,

I already saw for mame output but not all games have implemented outputs for ffb or motor, sometimes they just have the lamps. so the only way is to find the right offset for each game and each mame version like you do. (extremely time consuming)

raveracer doesn't have mame outputs, and vr doesn't seem to have any data processed in mame about ffb (I tried to debug it in mame and I looked into the specific I/O register and even study source but no go) 

I made a very basic test version (not dll injection, just an exe) based on the mame output like mamehooker does.(I can even switch on/off lamps through an arduino for example)

sfrush has only 1 byte output for that I suppose to be the ffb. I process this byte (power and direction) and send it to a ffb constant effect via sdl2. but I'm not sure if I handle correctly this data...I don't own this cab and I can't compare ffb effects

Trying outrun and it's just a motor on/off for vibration, so I just create a simple vibration effect for this one

++

• Like 1

2 ore fa, Boomslangnz ha scritto:

Compatible with mame binary 32 and 64bit and mameui64 for version 0.199

You will have to try it on that to see

I don't have alot of interest in keeping up to date with latest mame right now either even tho I could but it would take me at least an hour or 2 to update all the addresses each time a new mame comes out etc. I would like to look into making plugin read outputs from mame so it works on all future mame games etc

But for now my focus was on trying to get ffb code going accurately on those mame games as much as possible.

Could someone let me know how Rave Racer feels please too.

Thanks guys

I don’t know how actual RR cabinet FFB feels, but testing the game I noticed that was feeling very unnatural. Fiddling on your FFBPlugin.ini parameters i've tried to put negative velue on MaxForce  "-75" , MinForce=0. It seems to feel better, and this thing act also a sort of autocenter effect.
In test mode wheel turns in the right direction too.
Hope this can help you, anyway many thanks for your job!

• Like 1

THANX for this great FFB Plugin!

Chase HQ2 works good with FFB on my Fanatec GT2 wheel, playing this game is more fun now.

FFB is not working on SR3, i don't know what the problem is,maybe i must use a newer version of ParrotLoader?

Il y a 4 heures, binkia73 a dit :

I don’t know how actual RR cabinet FFB feels, but testing the game I noticed that was feeling very unnatural. Fiddling on your FFBPlugin.ini parameters i've tried to put negative velue on MaxForce  "-75" , MinForce=0. It seems to feel better, and this thing act also a sort of autocenter effect.

i think it's my problem i'll test tomorrow , i test something like this with negative value and wheel make better thing in test mode but not really lucky

j'ai le meme probleme je testerai demain , j'ai testé un truc du genre en metteant des valeurs negative et mon volant reagissait mieux mais c'etait pas encore ça

PS : pas simple de virvolter entre francais et anglais enfin pour moi ça va mais pour les autres.......

Edited by bandicoot

5 hours ago, spindizzi said:

Hi Boomslangnz,

I already saw for mame output but not all games have implemented outputs for ffb or motor, sometimes they just have the lamps. so the only way is to find the right offset for each game and each mame version like you do. (extremely time consuming)

raveracer doesn't have mame outputs, and vr doesn't seem to have any data processed in mame about ffb (I tried to debug it in mame and I looked into the specific I/O register and even study source but no go) 

I made a very basic test version (not dll injection, just an exe) based on the mame output like mamehooker does.(I can even switch on/off lamps through an arduino for example)

sfrush has only 1 byte output for that I suppose to be the ffb. I process this byte (power and direction) and send it to a ffb constant effect via sdl2. but I'm not sure if I handle correctly this data...I don't own this cab and I can't compare ffb effects

Trying outrun and it's just a motor on/off for vibration, so I just create a simple vibration effect for this one

++

That sounds right. Sfrush games only use 1 byte for power and direction.  You will have to remove the lamp data tho if you haven't done that as it is in the same byte.

But yes not all games work on outputs. Some games would have to be added.

7 hours ago, binkia73 said:

Hm I had someone else tell me the forces are inverted too so I'll take a look tonight. This is second time I've had this happen and I dunno what causes it

Last time my forces were inverted compared to other users and when I put fresh mame on then it was normal again.

Edited by Boomslangnz

14 hours ago, binkia73 said:

What wheel do you have?

I just got home from work and tried it out again with fresh mame build etc and all forces react as they should. 

When you go into test menu or even track selection screen,  If you move the wheel around to left and let go, does wheel spin back to center?  There is no spring effect added etc

1. Logitech driving force Pro
  2. With positive value of "MaxForce" wheel never stays centered. Also at begin of the game it move all right or all left.
  3. Note that in other game exept Rave Race all works well. 

Senza titolo-1.jpg

can you try with fresh mame build? Ive made sure it works correctly here

I had a problem on one of my builds the other day where forces were inverted, but i don't think that's the case here

9 ore fa, Boomslangnz ha scritto:

can you try with fresh mame build? Ive made sure it works correctly here

I had a problem on one of my builds the other day where forces were inverted, but i don't think that's the case here

mame 0.20 ?

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:25 PM, Moksi said:

i have a g27 & tried Battle Gear 4 tuned & it didnt work .

WHen logging is enabled should it create a log.txt file, but theres no file in the game folder

i use Game Loader all rh to start the game

I tested Battlegear directly from the .exe this time , and it works .

Only thing is I I start Battlegear directly from the exe its windowed & not Full screen.

That's why I use GameLoader to load up

Possible to make FFB working with Game Loader ?

• Like 1

Hm properly not to be honest but you should be able to run it fullscreen without game loader. I don't use that and get fullscreen fine

Otherwise I've added some stuff for Daytona Championship over last 24hrs. Gears will work across ABXY on controllers or x360ce and LB and RB will use sequential, escape will exit game and got menu controls working too

@Boomslangnz 

I need your help , i'll try to be clear most possible

i 've got a FFB wheel homemade , with it in the model 2 emulator i need to ask him in the .ini a negative value for make a difference between left and right like this:

FE_LEFT_Gain=10.0      ;Global gain 
FE_LEFT_Magnitude=10000      ;0-10000
FE_RIGHT_Gain=10.0      ;Global gain   
FE_RIGHT_Magnitude=-10000   ;0-10000 ( It here where we can tell the the emulator the negative Gain)

In exemple i took chase HQ with your plugin

Its calibrate good for left but for the right it turn left ( with teknoparrot without your plugin it's ok)

i try a thrustmaster wheel , no problem with your plugin and other emulator if you find a way :)

Edited by bandicoot

2 hours ago, bandicoot said:

@Boomslangnz 

I need your help , i'll try to be clear most possible

i 've got a FFB wheel homemade , with it in the model 2 emulator i need to ask him in the .ini a negative value for make a difference between left and right like this:

FE_LEFT_Gain=10.0      ;Global gain 
FE_LEFT_Magnitude=10000      ;0-10000
FE_RIGHT_Gain=10.0      ;Global gain   
FE_RIGHT_Magnitude=-10000   ;0-10000 ( It here where we can tell the the emulator the negative Gain)

In exemple i took chase HQ with your plugin

Its calibrate good for left but for the right it turn left ( with teknoparrot without your plugin it's ok)

i try a thrustmaster wheel , no problem with your plugin and other emulator if you find a way :)

Hi

Think we have a slight language issue  but I sorta understand the problem. Can you first try with lowering max ffb in ini and let me know if that fixes it