Boomslangnz

[Arcade PC] FFB Arcade Plugin

Le 06/03/2019 à 07:31, ginzu a dit :

Le 06/03/2019 à 07:31, ginzu a dit :

Salut @ricoh03,

Si t'es pas trop pressé, je vais essayé de t'envoyé mes ffb plugin.ini pour id8 et wmmt5. 

Cependant, j'ai pu voir que le plugin a un peu évolué depuis mes dernières config. Car mon volant dfgt est inutilisable depuis plusieurs mois. 

EDIT :

@ricoh03,

backup d'abord tes fichiers puis essaye ces réglages peut être :

voilà mon setting pour ID8 :

; **********************************
; *** FFB Settings for InitialD8 ***
; **********************************
[Settings]
GameId=18
MinForce=0
MaxForce=60
DeviceGUID=6d049ac2000000000000504944564944     ; a remplacer par le tien
EnableRumble=0
Logging=0
ResetFeedback=1
FeedbackLength=250
DefaultCentering=30
DefaultFriction=0
BeepWhenHook=0
AlternativeFFB=0
AlternativeMinForceLeft=0
AlternativeMaxForceLeft=-100
AlternativeMinForceRight=0
AlternativeMaxForceRight=100
SineDivision=300

et voici celui de WMMT5:

; ******************************
; *** FFB Settings for WMMT5 ***
; ******************************
[Settings]
GameId=9
MinForce=0
MaxForce=80
DeviceGUID=6d049ac2000000000000504944564944  ; a remplacer par le tien
EnableRumble=0
Logging=0
ResetFeedback=1
FeedbackLength=10
DefaultCentering=0
DefaultFriction=0
BeepWhenHook=0

Bonjour GINZU,

Merci pour tes précieux réglages, le jeu focntionne à merveille, impressionnant avec le retour de force, avec ma femme on arrête pas d 'y jouer.... :)

il y a 22 minutes, ricoh03 a dit :

Bonjour GINZU,

Merci pour tes précieux réglages, le jeu focntionne à merveille, impressionnant avec le retour de force, avec ma femme on arrête pas d 'y jouer.... :)

Excellent! Content pour toi !  :very-good:

• Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 2:14 PM, Boomslangnz said:

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Hi, this link is no longer working. could you post another link with ffb file for gti club. Also what folder do I put it into?

Hi ,

I just tried ffb on chase HQ 2 , but the ffb don't feel correct .

Does somebody have the settings for a G25 logitech wheel ?

thx

On 2019-03-05 at 4:30 PM, Skooby said:

I'm trying to get OutRun 2 SP DX via TP and FFB plugin 0.6a to provide centering ffb so when I slide around a corner the wheel tightens when you turn into the opposite direction.

This effect use to work early on with just the TP FFB but it doesnt seem to occur any more.

Hello, I'm trying to work out the same issue for Outrun 2.  It seems I had it working once (when I set DefaultCentering=0), but even with that setting enabled it now doesn't work.  I'm on a SimuCube direct drive wheel.  With exception of the one random time it felt right... it feels like i have zero centring effect, and only if i hit an object/wall then the ffb effect enables but is a continuous pull to the side that was hit (hit the left wall, wheel pulls all the way to the left, etc)... and then it stays like that until i muscle the wheel to center and hit another object/wall so that it pulls the other way or centers out.  Any ideas?  Really appreciate the work on this tool, it's working great for me in Daytona Championship USA... would love to have Outrun 2 working properly too.  Cheers!

New Update to FFB Arcade Plugin. Now version 0.7

***0.7 Changes***

- Upgraded FFB Arcade Plugin to use SDL 2 2.0.9 version compared to the old 2.0.5 used previously. Will sort out FFB Plugin working when using Faudio on new teknoparrot

*Removed link as 0.7 is broken*

Edited by Boomslangnz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Il y a 12 heures, Boomslangnz a dit :

New Update to FFB Arcade Plugin. Now version 0.7

***0.7 Changes***

- Upgraded FFB Arcade Plugin to use SDL 2 2.0.9 version compared to the old 2.0.5 used previously. Will sort out FFB Plugin working when using Faudio on new teknoparrot

zip

Hidden Content

7z

Hidden Content

Thank you it's working with outrun 2 but the ffb are very light it is possible to increase the return of force ???

; ******************************************************
; *** FFB Settings for Outrun 2 Special Tours Deluxe ***
[Settings]
GameId=12
MinForce=0
MaxForce=100
DeviceGUID=030000006d0400004fc2000000000000
EnableRumble=1
ReverseRumble=0
Logging=0
ResetFeedback=1
FeedbackLength=500
DefaultCentering=-1
DefaultFriction=0
BeepWhenHook=0
AlternativeFFB=0
ForceShowDeviceGUIDMessageBox=0
FFBMode=0

Edited by soso92

3 hours ago, soso92 said:

Thank you it's working with outrun 2 but the ffb are very light it is possible to increase the return of force ???

; *** FFB Settings for Outrun 2 Special Tours Deluxe ***
[Settings]
GameId=12
MinForce=0
MaxForce=100
DeviceGUID=030000006d0400004fc2000000000000
EnableRumble=1
ReverseRumble=0
Logging=0
ResetFeedback=1
FeedbackLength=500
DefaultCentering=-1
DefaultFriction=0
BeepWhenHook=0
AlternativeFFB=0
FFBMode=0

2 options

Either make FFBMode=1 or raise min ffb value

• Thanks 2

New update to FFB Arcade Plugin. Now version 0.8

***0.8 Changes***

- Sorry! Been so busy,never had time to test last release correctly and upgrading SDL2 version broke effects working correctly on all games! 

Reverting back to SDL2 2.0.5 and modified lindbergh game plugins to load SDL22.dll.

SDL22.dll will be supplied in plugin folders for Lindbergh games and need to be placed into the Teknoparrot folder INSIDE the MAIN Teknoparrot folder. 

SDL2.dll will still be supplied aswell to be placed in same folder as FFBPlugin.ini if you want to use FFBPluginGUI.exe

Hopefully this makes sense, please ask if you are confused.

- Outrun 2 now has 2 x plugins. One is the custom effects created from scratch you have been using all this time :) and the other is using the real FFB Address now.
(Big thanks to Reaver for help on getting the real ffb working)

zip (31mb)

Hidden Content

7z (2mb)

Hidden Content

• Like 1

I've tried Outrun with both FFB plugins and not shure which one I like the best with my Fanatec wheel. I wish there's an arcade near me with an old Outrun cabinet so I can do a test on how the FFB actually feels. The REAL plugin feels like it grabs and hold the wheel for a while when going off the road or bumping into a vehicle, whereas the custom one feels more rumble like, with small vibrations when turning and increased vibration going off the road, but I do like the FFB when going over grass, it feels more natural.

Hmmm, which one to use :what:

18 hours ago, Andrev said:

I've tried Outrun with both FFB plugins and not shure which one I like the best with my Fanatec wheel. I wish there's an arcade near me with an old Outrun cabinet so I can do a test on how the FFB actually feels. The REAL plugin feels like it grabs and hold the wheel for a while when going off the road or bumping into a vehicle, whereas the custom one feels more rumble like, with small vibrations when turning and increased vibration going off the road, but I do like the FFB when going over grass, it feels more natural.

Hmmm, which one to use :what:

I didn't have much time to check the data and just went with the values Reaver gave me for this release. However im spending some time now analysing it properly so will make some modifications as I already see some issues 

7 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

I didn't have much time to check the data and just went with the values Reaver gave me for this release. However im spending some time now analysing it properly so will make some modifications as I already see some issues 

Great, have you recently tried an arcade cabinet to know how the FFB should feel? Too long ago for me, I appreciate all your effort and good work!

6 hours ago, Andrev said:

Great, have you recently tried an arcade cabinet to know how the FFB should feel? Too long ago for me, I appreciate all your effort and good work!

No I've never tried it at all. Unfortunately this ffb values I'm getting is not looking good. I need more info from someone who has used real cab really to be able to try anything :(

If anyone has access to real or2 cabinet please let me know. I need info on how ffb performs

Edited by Boomslangnz

Hidden Content

heres a test version for Outrun 2 using *MOSTLY* real ffb values

After analyzing the values better from last release ive realised the values were set quite wrong and thus ive had to make modifications. Unfortunately it only gives me a specific value for certain things occuring in the game but no value for strength of force feedback. 

Ive set up the car speed to determine the strength of effect in the meantime as unless someone can tell me how these effects are exactly supposed to work im kinda guessing

Let me know how this goes (obviously you need ffbplugin.ini for Outrun 2 real from past release etc and sdl22.dll still in tp folder inside main tp folder)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

Hidden Content

After analyzing the values better from last release ive realised the values were set quite wrong and thus ive had to make modifications. Unfortunately it only gives me a specific value for certain things occuring in the game but no value for strength of force feedback. 

Ive set up the car speed to determine the strength of effect in the meantime as unless someone can tell me how these effects are exactly supposed to work im kinda guessing

Let me know how this goes (obviously you need ffbplugin.ini for Outrun 2 real from past release etc and sdl22.dll still in tp folder inside main tp folder)

VERY NICE!!!

I like it thanks so much Boomslangz! Driving into beach / sand gives a grip-like hold ffb. Grass gives a shorter rumble-like ffb on my wheel. Collision into cars gives a shorter more aggressive shake. I really like the new ffb feel, well done!

I can't imagine the real game feeling much different than this, the game is so enjoyable right now.

Edited by Andrev

13 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

Hidden Content

that new real ffb definitely feels much better  .... great work my friend

• Like 1

This is a plugin to provide Force Feedback and Rumble to various arcade games. Initially this was a small project
to add FFB to Daytona Championship USA and it grew from there to support several more games and rumble was added. 
While best efforts were made to try to resemble the real arcade force feedback, It will never be 100% accurate & 
in some cases eg Mario Kart GP DX, Pokken Tournament and Battle Gear 4. Effects were created entirely from scratch
so are not using any real force feedback values

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Edited by audreyspency

5 hours ago, audreyspency said:

This is a plugin to provide Force Feedback and Rumble to various arcade games. Initially this was a small project
to add FFB to Daytona Championship USA and it grew from there to support several more games and rumble was added. 
While best efforts were made to try to resemble the real arcade force feedback, It will never be 100% accurate & 
in some cases eg Mario Kart GP DX, Pokken Tournament and Battle Gear 4. Effects were created entirely from scratch
so are not using any real force feedback values

Eh no. Most games use the real force feedback values. Only the 3 listed don't as I couldnt get real force feedback values

Hey Boomz, I've now also tested OR Coast 2 Coast PC with the HowardC FXT FFB fix and your's is by far better in every way. One thing I miss in yours though is the quick shake on gear changes, not sure if you have values for that?

44 minutes ago, Andrev said:

Hey Boomz, I've now also tested OR Coast 2 Coast PC with the HowardC FXT FFB fix and your's is by far better in every way. One thing I miss in yours though is the quick shake on gear changes, not sure if you have values for that?

I can do that easily

Are you using custom or real?

2 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

I can do that easily

Are you using custom or real?

Wow, your latest Real (plus the beta opengl32.dll) you posted a day or two ago

Edited by Andrev

Le 12/04/2019 à 06:29, Boomslangnz a dit :

Eh no. Most games use the real force feedback values. Only the 3 listed don't as I couldnt get real force feedback values

HI @Boomslangnz

I always feel the ffb plugin a bit weird on the ID series. Are they using real ffb values  too (id6, id7, id8)? 

But maybe this is the bad rendering du to my dfgt wheel... 

9 hours ago, ginzu said:

HI @Boomslangnz

I always feel the ffb plugin a bit weird on the ID series. Are they using real ffb values  too (id6, id7, id8)? 

But maybe this is the bad rendering du to my dfgt wheel... 

Yea its using real ffb values

However that doesnt always mean I've translated it perfectly.

@Boomslangnz Hi, well i own this

Hidden Content

and i am not able to get a vibration on it.

FFB is only compatible with ffb joystick or vibration type too ?

It is detected by your gui, but just not working in all games you mentionned.

Any idea why ?

Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, wilmans2m said:

@Boomslangnz Hi, well i own this

Hidden Content

and i am not able to get a vibration on it.

FFB is only compatible with ffb joystick or vibration type too ?

It is detected by your gui, but just not working in all games you mentionned.

Any idea why ?

Thank you very much.

It works with both ffb and rumble depending on if using wheel or controller.

However I don't know why it's not working. It should work fine.

How about reading FFBPLUGIN.TXT and seeing possible causes

You have installed a all in one visual runtime pack?

Ok i just copyd metroframework & SDL2.dll in the jennifer folder with Outrun 2SP

And ffbplugin ini , metroframework , opengl32.dll , sdl2.dll & sdl22.dll in the Teknop folder

used the gui to set device but its not working

what am i doing wrong

Edited by Moksi

Il y a 1 heure, Boomslangnz a dit :

It works with both ffb and rumble depending on if using wheel or controller.

However I don't know why it's not working. It should work fine.

How about reading FFBPLUGIN.TXT and seeing possible causes

You have installed a all in one visual runtime pack?

Thanks for your answer. Yeah i read the txt. But did not resolve my problem. Mmh aio visual runtime pack ? A special one for FFB plugin ? If just VB standart then yeah did it a few weeks ago.

i have the same problem...daytona and sega rally work fine but outrun no joy it doesn't even create ffblog ?

Edited by lyonbar76

Hey guys, my Outrun ffb works just fine so I'm just checking, you are copying the opengl32.dll in the sub- teknoparrot folder that is within the main teknoparrot folder?

thanks Boomslangnz  outrun 2 and ids all great feels fantastic really makes them feel 100 times better

I just want to ask if you could add support for old outrun + turbo outrun I know it will just shake wheel when going off road but would be the icing on the cake

your plugin just keeps on getting better :thankyou:

Edited by segaoutrun123

5 hours ago, lyonbar76 said:

i have the same problem...daytona and sega rally work fine but outrun no joy it doesn't even create ffblog ?

Boomslangnz 

Have the same issue no log is being created

Ok i just copyd metroframework & SDL2.dll in the jennifer folder with Outrun 2SP

And ffbplugin ini , metroframework , opengl32.dll , sdl2.dll & sdl22.dll in the Teknop folder

used the gui to set deviceguid but its not working and also I see theres no log.txt being created

2 hours ago, Moksi said:

Boomslangnz 

Have the same issue no log is being created

used the gui to set deviceguid but its not working and also I see theres no log.txt being created

Dont copy sdl2.dll to the tp folder inside the main tp folder. Only copy opengl32.dll & sdl22.dll

Rest goes to Jennifer folder

Then set up guid in FFBPluginGUI.exe

The SDL2.dll that comes with tp is a different version which is why I had to make sdl22.dll. its required by tp 

Edited by Boomslangnz

7 hours ago, wilmans2m said:

Thanks for your answer. Yeah i read the txt. But did not resolve my problem. Mmh aio visual runtime pack ? A special one for FFB plugin ? If just VB standart then yeah did it a few weeks ago.

Show me ffblog.txt and ffbplugin.ini 

And download an all in one visual runtime pack. Just google one and it will put them on

Always works for me

Hi Boomslangnz, thanks for this plugin. I can not seem to get Ridge Racer or Rave Racer working however, probably some mistake I am making. I am using Mame 0.199 64 bit. Here is my log for ffb plugin:-

; ****************************************
; *** FFB Settings for Mame 0199 64bit ***
; ****************************************
[Settings]
GameId=34
MinForce=0
MaxForce=75
DeviceGUID=6d049ac2000000000000504944564944
EnableRumble=0
ReverseRumble=0
Logging=1
ResetFeedback=1
FeedbackLength=500
DefaultCentering=0
DefaultFriction=0
BeepWhenHook=0
AlternativeFFB=0
FFBMode=0

Here is my ffblog.txt:-

DLLMAIN ENTERED
process name:
H:\various roms\mame0199b_64bit\mame64.exe
default centering & friction values:
dll process attach:
loading original library...
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dinput8.dll
library loaded
creating ffb loop thread...
Before CreateThread
After CreateThread
In FFBLoop
in initialize
numJoysticks =
Joystick: 0 / Name: Logitech Driving Force GT USB / GUID: 6d049ac2000000000000504944564944

disabling all current FFB effects
setting haptic gain to 100
setting haptic auto center to 0
creating base effects...
Initialize() complete
Setting DefaultCentering & DefaultFriction forces...
Entering Game's FFBLoop loop
DLLMAIN ENTERED
process name:
default centering & friction values:
detaching from process:

Thanks very much for your help. I am using a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel.

Steven