Boomslangnz

[Arcade PC] FFB Arcade Plugin

Wow what a nice surprise a new version this morning. I immediately loaded m2 to test it out, and the result is ....

FIXED.png.b211dc70d80386fa8fc299000086f5ff.png

Its Fixed and working like it should Green Light and Rumble on the right side =).

Thanks for adding the option to revert rumbles.

This plugin Rox.

Edited by winonaxe

good day everyone can pass me the file ffb arcade plugin v0.2
I would thank you a lot

Hi Boomz, i have recently ugraded to Fanatec CSW2.5, even though i put in new GUID in Sega rally 3 ffb ini file I dont get any rumble or force feedback. Worked with my older Logitec Force Feedback Pro wheel. What I do get in the log is two of the same GUID's but I guess it will because Fanatec creates two entries inside the windows joystick device panel. I do however get the hook beep and it shows Fanatec CSW 2.5 if i switch on the show device when loading the game, but no force feedback. Also tried older versions of your plugin. 

Edited by Andrev

5 hours ago, javier said:

good day everyone can pass me the file ffb arcade plugin v0.2
I would thank you a lot

Is there any a particular reason you want 0.2?

2 hours ago, Andrev said:

Hi Boomz, i have recently ugraded to Fanatec CSW2.5, even though i put in new GUID in Sega rally 3 ffb ini file I dont get any rumble or force feedback. Worked with my older Logitec Force Feedback Pro wheel. What I do get in the log is two of the same GUID's but I guess it will because Fanatec creates two entries inside the windows joystick device panel. I do however get the hook beep and it shows Fanatec CSW 2.5 if i switch on the show device when loading the game, but no force feedback. Also tried older versions of your plugin. 

You get 2 x entries for your wheel? That's wierd

You installed proper fanatec driver etc?

11 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

Is there any a particular reason you want 0.2?

You get 2 x entries for your wheel? That's wierd

You installed proper fanatec driver etc?

Yes apparently thats how fanatec setup their clubsport wheelbase 2.5, but its the exact same guid for both entries

1 hour ago, Andrev said:

Yes apparently thats how fanatec setup their clubsport wheelbase 2.5, but its the exact same guid for both entries

That makes no sense tho, guid is just like a unique identification number for each device. There would be no need for 2 x guid for club sport wheelbase. I used to have a v2 wheelbase myself but sadly sold it awhile back now or I would check it myself

Problem is if its showing 2 x guid then perhaps ffb plugin is loading one which doesnt work right or something

Could you post log please 

Edited by Boomslangnz

8 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

That makes no sense tho, guid is just like a unique identification number for each device. There would be no need for 2 x guid for club sport wheelbase. I used to have a v2 wheelbase myself but sadly sold it awhile back now or I would check it myself

Problem is if its showing 2 x guid then perhaps ffb plugin is loading one which doesnt work right or something

Could you post log please 

Log file attached, thanks Booms ;)

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

3 hours ago, Andrev said:

Log file attached, thanks Booms ;)

Hidden Content

hm

I dunno how to solve this

numJoysticks = 
Joystick: 0 / Name: FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / GUID: b70e0400000000000000504944564944

Joystick: 0 / Name: FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / GUID: b70e0400000000000000504944564944

as you can see sdl2 detects this as 2 x seperate joystick devices but then shows both as Joystick 0

If it was 2 x seperate joysticks then it should be Joystick 0 and Joystick 1

my only recommendation is to delete the official driver and see what log shows after that then re-install the driver again to see but this should have numJoysticks=1 and only 1 guid showing

19 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

hm

I dunno how to solve this

numJoysticks = 

as you can see sdl2 detects this as 2 x seperate joystick devices but then shows both as Joystick 0

If it was 2 x seperate joysticks then it should be Joystick 0 and Joystick 1

my only recommendation is to delete the official driver and see what log shows after that then re-install the driver again to see but this should have numJoysticks=1 and only 1 guid showing

Got it working with x360ce, but ffb not so good as before with older logitech wheel on directinput. Xinput produce more rumble vibration than ffb feel. Will try setting up a new single directinput device with vjoy and let you know.

Edited by Andrev

Hi Boomz, i've copied your latests files to SR3 and getting a somewhat different log, please see attached. However the Vjoy input device shows up and give me new unique GUID, still not getting FFB, but when I switch on ForceShowDeviceGUIDMessageBox=1, I get in the popup Fanatec CSW 2.5, and not vJoy, weird hey. It seems it now assign uniqe numbers to the input devices...

numJoysticks = 

Joystick: 1 / Name: FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / GUID: b70e0400000000000000504944564944

Joystick: 2 / Name: vJoy Device / GUID: 3412adbe000000000000504944564944

Attahed the new log file.

Is there a way to specify in the config which Joystick number should get the FFB, alongside the GUID as in the scenario like where Fanatec has two devices with the same GUID? I know this might be confusing for some but maybe specify ie. Fanatec Only

Hidden Content

17 minutes ago, Andrev said:

Hi Boomz, i've copied your latests files to SR3 and getting a somewhat different log, please see attached. However the Vjoy input device shows up and give me new unique GUID, still not getting FFB, but when I switch on ForceShowDeviceGUIDMessageBox=1, I get in the popup Fanatec CSW 2.5, and not vJoy, weird hey. It seems it now assign uniqe numbers to the input devices...

numJoysticks = 

Joystick: 1 / Name: FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / GUID: b70e0400000000000000504944564944

Joystick: 2 / Name: vJoy Device / GUID: 3412adbe000000000000504944564944

Attahed the new log file.

Is there a way to specify in the config which Joystick number should get the FFB, alongside the GUID as in the scenario like where Fanatec has two devices with the same GUID? I know this might be confusing for some but maybe specify ie. Fanatec Only

Hidden Content

yeah that's better. I was thinking of maybe adding an option to join via Joystick number etc but problem with this is it can generally move so whats Joystick 1 on one boot will be Joystick 0 on the next etc

Instead of using vJoy/x360ce i would look at gimx. It emulates any wheel as a Logitech G27 etc and you just install Logitech driver software and will work with full ffb however you shouldn't really need any of this just to use ffb plugin lol

9 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

yeah that's better. I was thinking of maybe adding an option to join via Joystick number etc but problem with this is it can generally move so whats Joystick 1 on one boot will be Joystick 0 on the next etc

Instead of using vJoy/x360ce i would look at gimx. It emulates any wheel as a Logitech G27 etc and you just install Logitech driver software and will work with full ffb however you shouldn't really need any of this just to use ffb plugin lol

What about toggle option to join multiple same GUID (if found) based on GUID, sending ffb to all devices based on the same GUID and not only to the fist/last one found? I guess how Fanatec setup their CSW 2.5 is one entry for the base and one for the steering hub.

Edited by Andrev

36 minutes ago, Andrev said:

What about toggle option to join multiple same GUID (if found) based on GUID, sending ffb to all devices based on the same GUID and not only to the fist/last one found? I guess how Fanatec setup their CSW 2.5 is one entry for the base and one for the steering hub.

No the problem is something with your setup. There should only be 1 joystick found but theres 2 for no reason. The hub definately would not show as a seperate joystick, that's why i said to remove driver etc as i think it's fixable at your end

that also wouldn't be good as all xbox controllers etc use the same guid with sdl2 so if you had 2 x controllers connected to pc then it would rumble both. Ill have to think about it

Edited by Boomslangnz

1 hour ago, Boomslangnz said:

No the problem is something with your setup. There should only be 1 joystick found but theres 2 for no reason. The hub definately would not show as a seperate joystick, that's why i said to remove driver etc as i think it's fixable at your end

that also wouldn't be good as all xbox controllers etc use the same guid with sdl2 so if you had 2 x controllers connected to pc then it would rumble both. Ill have to think about it

Ok dont worry about it for now, i will uninstall fanatec drivers and reinstall to see if only one device can show, or disable one of the two devices in device manager and see what happens. Will revert bit later.

Hi Boomz, ok so I've deleted the second entry under device manager so only one Fanatec CSW 2.5 device now shows in control panel. Tested again but no ffb. Copied your first plugin (0.2) back overwriting the latest, inserted the GUID and voila, hectic FFB as I remembered.... just better :)

Not sure why the latest plugin not working but will try again. Just wanna do some laps right now.

26 minutes ago, Andrev said:

Hi Boomz, ok so I've deleted the second entry under device manager so only one Fanatec CSW 2.5 device now shows in control panel. Tested again but no ffb. Copied your first plugin (0.2) back overwriting the latest, inserted the GUID and voila, hectic FFB as I remembered.... just better :)

Not sure why the latest plugin not working but will try again. Just wanna do some laps right now.

Now also working with your latest version. Sorry for all the trouble and worry caused, but good to know should other Fanatec owners experience same issue.

7 hours ago, Andrev said:

Now also working with your latest version. Sorry for all the trouble and worry caused, but good to know should other Fanatec owners experience same issue.

Good to hear its finally solved 

Its a pain that sdl2 seems to use a device guid instead of a unique guid per device or this would of been alot easier to solve but good work for fixing it

Boomslangz -- thanks again for all of your work on this, the FFB plug in is really great.  One question that I had was whether you intended to do a new release compatible with MAME 0.206 instead of the current version for 0.199, now that Rush 2049 will be fully playable with complete sound in MAME 0.206?  I know you don't want to be forever chasing the latest version of MAME, but it's a substantial improvement for Rush 2049.  And, selfishly, that's the game that motivated me to start playing around with this plug in to begin with!

11 hours ago, smoovej said:

Boomslangz -- thanks again for all of your work on this, the FFB plug in is really great.  One question that I had was whether you intended to do a new release compatible with MAME 0.206 instead of the current version for 0.199, now that Rush 2049 will be fully playable with complete sound in MAME 0.206?  I know you don't want to be forever chasing the latest version of MAME, but it's a substantial improvement for Rush 2049.  And, selfishly, that's the game that motivated me to start playing around with this plug in to begin with!

Hey, thanks for the kind comments. Yes eventually I will do a update for new mame but it's just a little time consuming to find all the new addresses so I thought I'll just do it about once a year. Will do it sometime this year however

Hidden Content

this is updated mame ffb plugin for mame 0.206

32bit will work on standard mame 32bit binary or 64bit will work on standard mame 64bit binary or MAMEUI64 

I didn't test alot so please let me know if any don't work correctly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Thank u mate.

@Boomslangnz

Thanks for the update!!! love rush 2049.

ps: would be eternally grateful if you could do the ffb plugin on groovymame 206, so that I could enjoy perfect emulation on my crt :)

• Like 1

Hey Boomz, the only two Teknoparrot racing games I can't get FFB to work are Outrun 2SP and Daytona USA. With Outrun if I copy the opengl32.dll as per your instructions to Teknoparrot folder, the game don't launch exiting immediately to desktop, remove the file and the game plays again but without FFB. Any ideas?

Edited by Andrev

5 hours ago, Andrev said:

Hey Boomz, the only two Teknoparrot racing games I can't get FFB to work are Outrun 2SP and Daytona USA. With Outrun if I copy the opengl32.dll as per your instructions to Teknoparrot folder, the game don't launch exiting immediately to desktop, remove the file and the game plays again but without FFB. Any ideas?

Don't stress Boomz, got both working by deleting both Teknoparrot and the game folders and started setup from scratch, wonder if Windows 10 don't screw up dll files with defender, on 1803 however.

It would be a good thing if someone could do a video tutorial on how to use these plugins

On 7/16/2018 at 5:56 AM, mjshl2 said:

Awesome, been waiting for this. Works great with the G920 wheel.

A few steps to get it working with the g920. 

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

First if your using teknoparrot don't enable force feedback in the options.

Then in the ffbplugin.ini for each game you need to have your guid for the G920.

The guid can be found by going into the ffbplugin.ini and enabling logging=1

Open game and close it real quick then go to log.txt. The logitech g920 guid should be in there.

Copy and paste the # then put it in the deviceguid= of each games ffb.ini.

Really great work my friend! Glad it is finally public, what a great first release :D

•  
Edited by seraniz

23 hours ago, Andrev said:

Don't stress Boomz, got both working by deleting both Teknoparrot and the game folders and started setup from scratch, wonder if Windows 10 don't screw up dll files with defender, on 1803 however.

Nice work

10 hours ago, soso92 said:

It would be a good thing if someone could do a video tutorial on how to use these plugins

Well it's pretty simple to use however I'll release something soon to make things even easier 

• Thanks 1

Il y a 3 heures, Boomslangnz a dit :

Well it's pretty simple to use however I'll release something soon to make things even easier 

if it's too complicated to make a video then do at least a tutorial with screenshot that explains well step by step how to use these pluggins

well i am not able to make the ffb works with daytona usa championship.

I deactivated ffb under teknotparrot in order the use the plugin.

I wrote the guid in the ini.

Copied all files under game exe folder But...

Here is the log. Thanks for any help

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

On 2/12/2019 at 11:03 PM, wilmans2m said:

well i am not able to make the ffb works with daytona usa championship.

I deactivated ffb under teknotparrot in order the use the plugin.

I wrote the guid in the ini.

Copied all files under game exe folder But...

Here is the log. Thanks for any help

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Are you using original exe?

Boomslangz would like you to see into GRID arcade game FFB! Also i hope that in near future you can get the impulse triggers to work for the xbox one controllers via your plugin.

New Update to FFB Arcade Plugin. Now version 0.6

***0.6 Changes***

- Added support for Mame 0.206 with same games from old 0.199 games. Works with 32bit, 64bit Mame Binary or MameUI64

- Added Optional GUI to make modifying settings or setting up deviceguid a bit easier (Read FFBPlugin.txt for details,HAS TO BE IN SAME FOLDER WITH PLUGIN FILES & METROFRAMEWORK.dll)

Hidden Content