Aller au contenu
Boomslangnz

[Arcade PC] FFB Arcade Plugin

Messages recommandés

--FFB Arcade Plugin--

Created by Boomslangnz, Ducon2016 & Spazzy.

This is a plugin to provide Force Feedback and Rumble to various arcade games. Initially this was a small project
to add FFB to Daytona Championship USA and it grew from there to support several more games and rumble was added. 
While best efforts were made to try to resemble the real arcade force feedback, It will never be 100% accurate & 
in some cases eg Mario Kart GP DX, Pokken Tournament and Battle Gear 4. Effects were created entirely from scratch
so are not using any real force feedback values

--Credits--

- Reaver from Teknoparrot . Huge thanks to Reaver for supplying code necessary for some games & general force feedback,
extremely generous.

- Jackchen for his Daytona Championship USA FFB work at beginning of year.

- Howard Castro for help on game FFB code. Always helpful and a big reason this plugin was ever made

- Everyone who helps and gives back to this awesome scene. Thanks for everything!

--Supported Games--

-Afterburner Climax (Rumble only) [opengl32.dll into Teknoparrot folder]

-Battle Gear 4 Tuned (Japan version v2.07) [d3d9.dll into game exe folder]

-ChaseHQ 2 [d3d9.dll into game exe folder]

-Daytona Championship USA (FFB modification by Jackchen required, Disable x360ce FFB!) [dinput8.dll into game exe folder]

-Ford Racing [dinput8.dll into game exe folder]

-Initial D4 [opengl32.dll into Teknoparrot folder]

-Initial D6 [dinput8.dll into game exe folder]

-Initial D7 [dinput8.dll into game exe folder]

-Initial D8 [dinput8.dll into game exe folder]

-Machstorm (Rumble only) [xinput1_3.dll into game exe folder]

-Mario Kart GP DX (Version 1.00 & version 1.10) [dinput8.dll into game exe folder]

-Pokken Tournament (Rumble only) [dinput8.dll into game exe folder]

-Sega Racing Classic [dinput8.dll into game exe folder]

-Sega Rally 3 [dinput8.dll into game exe folder]

-Wacky Races [d3d9.dll into game exe folder]

-Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5 (Update 5) [d3d11.dll into game exe folder]

--How to use--

Place the main dll file, SDL2.dll & FFBPlugin.ini into game folder for most games. For Teknoparrot Lindbergh 
games place opengl32.dll, SDL2.dll into Teknoparrot folder & FFBPlugin.ini into same folder as elf file for each game.

ini file contains settings to adjust for each game

GameId= **GameId for code to identify game, also has a test FFB mode,-1 for Constant test ,-2 for
Sine test, -3 for Friction test, -4 for Spring test, -5 for Heavy test or -6 for loose test**

MinForce= **Minimum FFB force with 0 being lowest value available**

MaxForce= **Maximum FFB force with 100 being highest value available**

DeviceGUID= **Set Device GUID to connect to specific wheel or controller**

EnableRumble= **Turn Off (0) if your wheel supports rumble effect. For controllers, turn on (1)**

Logging= **Turn On (1) to allow log.txt to be made to log plugin. Device GUID is given in here**

ResetFeedback= **When a command is set that contradicts a prior command, clear the prior command. Should stay as 1**

FeedbackLength= **Length of a feedback command**

DefaultCentering= **If a game does not specify its own Centering force then a default centering can be applied here.
If a game has any of its own such forces,these values will be overwritten immediately in-game. Use -1 to disable**

DefaultFriction= **If a game does not specify its own Friction force then a default friction can be applied here.
If a game has any of its own such forces,these values will be overwritten immediately in-game. Use -1 to disable**

BeepWhenHook= **Beep should occur if dll is hooked by executable when turned on (1)**

--Downloads--

0.1:

Le message, les images et le lien sont :ph34r: caché Inscrit toi pour le voir ou connecte toi https://www.emuline.org/register/

Le message, les images et le lien sont :ph34r: caché Inscrit toi pour le voir ou connecte toi https://www.emuline.org/register/

0.1a:

(from discord)

0.1a+fix: 

(from discord)

0.2: 

Modifié par 7zxkv
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 9

Awesome, been waiting for this. Works great with the G920 wheel.

A few steps to get it working with the g920.

First if your using teknoparrot don't enable force feedback in the options.

Then in the ffbplugin.ini for each game you need to have your guid for the G920.

The guid can be found by going into the ffbplugin.ini and enabling logging=1

Open game and close it real quick then go to log.txt. The logitech g920 guid should be in there.

Copy and paste the # then put it in the deviceguid= of each games ffb.ini.

Modifié par mjshl2

Yeah hopefully supports all wheels and controllers :)

Just a note for TeknoParrot users,

if you are wanting to use Teknoparrot FFB then tick Use Force Feedback in TeknoParrotUI and remove these plugin files from game folders, If you want to use this plugin for ffb then Untick Use Force Feedback from TeknoParrotUI. Same deal goes with x360ce etc, need to turn off force feedback in x360ce if using this plugin instead for Daytona Championship USA

This plugin is standalone from the force feedback built into teknoparrot so it could cause problems to try use both etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank u very much dude.

1 hour ago, Moksi said:

this does only work for G920 ?

No. It works for many wheels and controllers.

Awesome Work!!! :bravo:

Thank you very much for this feature!!!

I was looking forward to it since a while!!!

Just one question: does it differ a lot from the actual teknoparrot effect or it is almost the same feeling?

Thousand thanks!!!!

i just leaveyou a little feedback about my feeling for the  games i just tried!

and : :Animaux-Monkey-love::crazy-monkey-nani::banana::banana::winner::amen::jeu-video::dude:

this is so excellent!!!!

i tried : ( default settings given in the FFBPlugin.ini ) i have just disable rumble feature but i will make more tests as soon as i can.

Sega Rally 3  --> not awesome but i am happy with it (maybe some settings somewhere to improve it) (i don't have time sadly)

Daytona Usa 3   --> the game is awesome now!!!!!! 

Mkdx v1.00 --> excellent work from the dev!!!  really the game is so fun now!!!!

Ford Racing --> good surprise! the ffb for this game is excellent!!! 

i have already test ffb with the other games using the ffb plugin of TP, but i will test each racing game with this plugin as soon as i can!

remember to use the Guid that is written in the log text. not the one given by the old method (ListDirectInputGuids.exe), it is a little different at the beging of the guid.

and disable ffb in the Tp version that you are using.

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah it's best to disable rumble if using a wheel really and enable if using a controller. 

I have it triggering rumble and wheel effects at same time and this potentially could cause issues depending on wheel etc. I wasn't really sure which is why I made option in ini for it 

This should work on any wheel or controller hopefully although I have only tested a few.

This will differ from teknoparrot ffb somewhat as we use different code per game etc. 

Compare and see which one you prefer, Teknoparrot FFB is excellent too

i have a g27 & tried Battle Gear 4 tuned & it didnt work .

WHen logging is enabled should it create a log.txt file, but theres no file in the game folder

i use Game Loader all rh to start the game

Amazing work and great compliments to everyone that made it possible. Top stuff and what this community is all about ;-) Thankyou everyone cant wait to try it out

And what about Outrun 2 SP lindbergh?

Will there be ffb for this game ?

Thx

Just tried this on Initial D8 using an xbox360 pad and would like to say thanks for adding the rumble effect, it really makes a difference when turning etc. 

Just to ask as I cannot check, is the effect when hitting a car or wall through the FFB solely or should there be rumble also as Im not getting any. Absolutely spot on though there are going to be a lot of happy people that can get some effects now. In the future I will invest in a thrustmaster but until then this is top

Modifié par fire10

2 hours ago, Moksi said:

i have a g27 & tried Battle Gear 4 tuned & it didnt work .

WHen logging is enabled should it create a log.txt file, but theres no file in the game folder

i use Game Loader all rh to start the game

Hm I haven't tried it with game loader all rh at all. Can you try directly on exe? I tested it on jconfig myself as I believe bg4 doesn't load on teknoparrot atm

Yep I will do Outrun 2 SP Lindbergh but wasn't finished in time for this first release. It's on the to-do list

I forgot to say too, for Initial D games, ensure in test menu you set force to 10 in menu

Modifié par Boomslangnz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

il y a une heure, Boomslangnz a dit :

Yep I will do Outrun 2 SP Lindbergh but wasn't finished in time for this first release. It's on the to-do list

@Boomslangnz :very-good: this game deserve it.

I tried 2 other  games:

Chase hq2 --> excellent when you push the nitro on! The wheel is rumble strong!

Wmmt5 --> i have to set up a little the ffb default settings cause it was too strong ( especially with the line on the highway). At the moment i lower the max ffb force to 80 and forcefeedbacklength to 10.

:rolleyes:

Awesome Works !!!! Thank you :)

Works perfectly on steering wheel driving force GT with SR3, WMMT5, MKDX, ID8, but does not work with Daytona Classic Version, the steering wheel is not recognized

52 minutes ago, guest30 said:

Works perfectly on steering wheel driving force GT with SR3, WMMT5, MKDX, ID8, but does not work with Daytona Classic Version, the steering wheel is not recognized

Hi, glad it works well for you mostly. So you get nothing happening on Sega Racing Classic? Have you checked log.txt and seen what it says. Make sure you have put your guid in the ini file etc too 

Modifié par Boomslangnz

Il y a 5 heures, guest30 a dit :

The wheel is not recognize, or there is no ffb? This is not the same. Check your tp keybind settings first.

I will try ffb plugin with this game soon as i can.

i re-tested Sega Racing Classic before and it worked ok here. Only thing is I actually properly have the effect when driving over grass a little wrong cos it vibrated wierd on Logitech G920 here lol

I modified it here a little so will change that for next release

Anyway to play MK DX with a xbox controller without having it rumble hard core constantly when the gas applied? Even putting everything pretty much at the min, I saw no behavioral change in game. Example:

; *****************************************************
; *** FFB Settings for Mario Kart Arcade GP DX v110 ***
; *****************************************************
[Settings]
GameId=20
MinForce=0
MaxForce=10
DeviceGUID=78696e70757401000000000000000000
EnableRumble=1
Logging=0
ResetFeedback=1
FeedbackLength=25
DefaultCentering=-1
DefaultFriction=-1
BeepWhenHook=0

well it doesn't rumble constantly as you kinda say, what it does is it has terrain effects depending on surface you are driving on

It will rumble depending on terrain you are driving on at different strength etc. Now with wheel this is a bit easier to make obvious, so with rumble I simply have the ability to either rumble left motor, rumble right motor or rumble both motors at different strength etc

If the terrain effects are not liked for rumble controllers then I can remove. but you will notice that it rumbles while driving on dirt etc, then stops when on water or carpet etc, stops while flying etc too.

9 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

Hi, glad it works well for you mostly. So you get nothing happening on Sega Racing Classic? Have you checked log.txt and seen what it says. Make sure you have put your guid in the ini file etc too 

The steering wheel is not recognized, the GUID value remains at 000000000000000000000000000000
while for the other games the steering wheel is well recognized, strange

5 hours ago, ginzu said:

The wheel is not recognize, or there is no ffb? This is not the same. Check your tp keybind settings first.

I will try ffb plugin with this game soon as i can.

The steering whell in not reconginzed in log.txt, but it work with no ffb in game

Modifié par guest30

il y a 58 minutes, guest30 a dit :

The steering whell in not reconginzed in log.txt, but it work with no ffb in game

Ok,  weird..

I'll take a try this evening.

Now it works, maybe I had a problem
Physically removing the steering wheel and installing it again everything  works
Sorry for the inconvenience

il y a 34 minutes, guest30 a dit :

Now it works, maybe I had a problem
Physically removing the steering wheel and installing it again everything  works
Sorry for the inconvenience

No problem :very-good:

@Boomslangnz

Hi,

Do you plan to add Road fighter 3D on your todo list too? :rolleyes:

Thx

Maybe, I had hoped someone would fix test menu saving etc for Road Fighters and then I would add.

Glad you got it working guest30! Not sure why it wasn't giving guid previously

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Boomslangnz said:

well it doesn't rumble constantly as you kinda say, what it does is it has terrain effects depending on surface you are driving on

It will rumble depending on terrain you are driving on at different strength etc. Now with wheel this is a bit easier to make obvious, so with rumble I simply have the ability to either rumble left motor, rumble right motor or rumble both motors at different strength etc

If the terrain effects are not liked for rumble controllers then I can remove. but you will notice that it rumbles while driving on dirt etc, then stops when on water or carpet etc, stops while flying etc too.

Thanks for responding. This real issue is the effect is way too strong honestly - my controller feels like it's at like 75% rumble the entire race. Gets annoying and defeats the purpose. Also, when you hit water, it goes to 0%, so it makes the dropoff more significant/noticeable/fake-feeling.

I would not remove entirely, but take it from the ~75% down to about ~25% or make it respect what I'm putting in the ini (which it doesn't seem to be doing).

Other than terrain, is there anything else that causes rumble in this game?

It's actually already at only 30% of the rumble strength available (when driving over dirt)

Wheel has water effect but controller I didn't do rumble for water

Yes it will rumble strong when hitting walls, other karts or get hit by weapons etc

Thats a good point however about the max ffb strength etc not working in rumble. I didn't check that and it may not change with rumble. I'll take a look later and fix for ini to work on rumble with that 

I tested with xbox one controller but I wouldn't expect 360 to be hugely different. 

Thanks for the feedback 

Modifié par Boomslangnz
  • Like 1

Thanks man. Anything to tone down the terrain rumble (or make it get set in ini) would make the experience amazing on this awesome arcade game. Thanks for your time!

Note:

The setting in ini WAS respected on Sega Rally 3.

I have an xbox one pad also.

Give this a try and get back to me, ive modified it slightly and it should actually change strength via ini now.

However be careful not too go too low on the max force or else some effects won't even work!

I cant get this working on Daytona championship I have had game working for ages just wanted to get ffb working

I have the cracked game zip with no jvs and the launcher and 360ce all working just cant get ffb working any ideas

which version of the fixed exe launcher are you all using any ideas would be great

I am using Logitech wheel