dex77

[Arcade PC] Space Ace + Dragon's Lair AC - BRD REMASTERED (Laserdisc)

Hello folks, 

Since I received some requests I edited this post adding also DL, so here it is... 

SPACE ACE + DRAGON'S LAIR Bluray remastered, 4:3 ratio, SD (Standard Definition)

they come without Daphne so just grab it and choose where to place it (ROMS and FRAMEFILES are stored in the game main folder).

I added also the usual CD layout in HD, have a blast!!

PS.

These versions are meant to be played on an original cabinet.

PPS.

In case you are wondering how to make it work please check the Daphne official forum!

SA: GAME

LINK:  

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

KEY:   !5OsuNq6jJpVi5MeAWMeBS7nZwJR44dv8YmWbvqUVZO8

CD LAYOUT

LINK:  

Hidden Content

KEY:   !823zz-5bbTPJnE6g2RJzc13qYmLo_wB4dxahNTfo4fs

1535249468-space-ace-cdt100-in.jpg

DL: GAME + CD LAYOUT

LINK:   

Hidden Content

KEY:    !k-KPBEkh4-Q9ZqOzVrLFZS1B4X2YntsTEJHmKbp-MnU

1535249504-dragon-s-lair-cdt100-in.jpg

EDIT:

SPACE ACE - The audio track for the death scene "spa01d1.vob.ogg" it's corrupted, please replace it with the following attachment!

Hidden Content

MANY THANX to Stuart2773 for the discovery and for resampling the track!! :thankyou:

Edited by 7zxkv

On 7/15/2018 at 10:45 AM, dex77 said:

Hello folks, 

I guess with this release the whole remastered trilogy is out since HVG has already posted Dragon’s Lair

I would save some time by not uploading the version I own (which is probably the same)… so here it is... 

SPACE ACE Bluray remastered, 4:3 ratio,

it comes without Daphne so just grab it and choose where to place it,

I added also the usual CD layout in HD, have a blast!!

PS.

In case you are wondering how to make it work please check the Daphne official forum!

GAME

LINK:  

Hidden Content

KEY:   !5OsuNq6jJpVi5MeAWMeBS7nZwJR44dv8YmWbvqUVZO8

CD LAYOUT

LINK:  

Hidden Content

KEY:   !823zz-5bbTPJnE6g2RJzc13qYmLo_wB4dxahNTfo4fs

SPACE ACE_CDT100_in.jpg

nice one, mate. thanks.

Please note that linux is case sensative. For Space Ace on RetroPie you must change the filenames to all lowercase or you will not parse video's  (I used lopesofts filemenu tools - advanced renamer to change case)

Excellent - thank you.  I love it. Regarding DL - I note you appeared to only provide F2 version bios... I've been also trying this under Enhanced 2.1 bios.  Definitely like the enhanced versions as I introduce these to my kids.  I've played about 1/2 way under one player with no issues.  However 2 players seems to have odd resets at times as if it has video issues.  Anyone else experience this?

Edited by TRJ-GA

On 2/17/2019 at 12:55 PM, TRJ-GA said:

Excellent - thank you.  I love it. Regarding DL - I note you appeared to only provide F2 version bios... I've been also trying this under Enhanced 2.1 bios.  Definitely like the enhanced versions as I introduce these to my kids.  I've played about 1/2 way under one player with no issues.  However 2 players seems to have odd resets at times as if it has video issues.  Anyone else experience this?

Hi and thanx for reporting the issue, before posting it, I personally tested the game to the end without any problem but in 1 player mode only, it could be possible that what you experienced it's a legit bug, if you can kindly do an extensive test and report lately a specific list of any issue encountered (eg. scene number), I will see what I can do to fix it, at the moment i'm too busy to investigate without any specific hint. 

Edited by dex77

Thanks Dex….I'll get back with something …. give me some time....

---------------------Added June 23, 2019

After some playing with this, I could not really provide a set scene/error that caused the error.  Single player is stable.  However 2 player seems to have lockup/reset issues .  It could be when it is jumping to particular scenes, but without knowing which scenes it was trying to jump to I couldn't really tell.   It really doesn't take more than a 1/2 game or so to see the problem.

I did try dying in each room in effort to see consistency, but this didn't help off hand.

Edited by TRJ-GA

Hi.. I've just stumbled on this and downloaded the files but could someone link me to the Daphne Forum that explains how to install and run the files please?

I think Space Ace is straight forward, I'm just slightly confused on DL and DL II

Thanks!

I do not understand these 4 games at all.  Every single other LD game I have works fine.  But these 4 have nothing but problems.  I've tried multiple ROM sets, multiple video sets.  I even tried the official licensed download via Daphne and unlocking them with my DVDs.  They don't work either.  My issues are many, the games will randomly pick scenes to play, when I die it'll advance to the next scene (well, any scene really), audio cuts out when actions happen...

Are you launching daphne.exe yourself?  What command line options are you using?