Jump to content

[Arcade PC] Space Ace + Dragon's Lair AC - BRD REMASTERED (Laserdisc)


dex77
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello folks, 

Since I received some requests I edited this post adding also DL, so here it is... 

SPACE ACE + DRAGON'S LAIR Bluray remastered, 4:3 ratio, SD (Standard Definition)

they come without Daphne so just grab it and choose where to place it (ROMS and FRAMEFILES are stored in the game main folder).

 

I added also the usual CD layout in HD, have a blast!!

 

PS.

These versions are meant to be played on an original cabinet.

 

PPS.

In case you are wondering how to make it work please check the Daphne official forum!

 

SA: GAME

 

LINK:   https://mega.nz/#!NldkhS5C

KEY:   !5OsuNq6jJpVi5MeAWMeBS7nZwJR44dv8YmWbvqUVZO8

 

CD LAYOUT

 

LINK:   https://mega.nz/#!ItEk3AZT

KEY:   !823zz-5bbTPJnE6g2RJzc13qYmLo_wB4dxahNTfo4fs

 

1535249468-space-ace-cdt100-in.jpg

 

 

DL: GAME + CD LAYOUT

 

LINK:   https://mega.nz/#!x0cFCSqJ

KEY:    !k-KPBEkh4-Q9ZqOzVrLFZS1B4X2YntsTEJHmKbp-MnU

 

1535249504-dragon-s-lair-cdt100-in.jpg

 

 

EDIT:

 

SPACE ACE - The audio track for the death scene "spa01d1.vob.ogg" it's corrupted, please replace it with the following attachment!

 

spa01d1.vob.ogg.EDIT.zip

 

MANY THANX to Stuart2773 for the discovery and for resampling the track!! :thankyou:

 

Edited by Fox
screnn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 
 
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/15/2018 at 10:45 AM, dex77 said:

Hello folks, 

I guess with this release the whole remastered trilogy is out since HVG has already posted Dragon’s Lair

I would save some time by not uploading the version I own (which is probably the same)… so here it is... 

SPACE ACE Bluray remastered, 4:3 ratio,

it comes without Daphne so just grab it and choose where to place it,

I added also the usual CD layout in HD, have a blast!!

 

PS.

In case you are wondering how to make it work please check the Daphne official forum!

 

 

 

GAME

 

LINK:   https://mega.nz/#!NldkhS5C

KEY:   !5OsuNq6jJpVi5MeAWMeBS7nZwJR44dv8YmWbvqUVZO8

 

 

 

CD LAYOUT

 

LINK:   https://mega.nz/#!ItEk3AZT

KEY:   !823zz-5bbTPJnE6g2RJzc13qYmLo_wB4dxahNTfo4fs

SPACE ACE_CDT100_in.jpg

 nice one, mate. thanks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
  • 2 weeks later...
 
 
 
 
 
  • 2 weeks later...
 
  • 4 months later...

Excellent - thank you.  I love it. Regarding DL - I note you appeared to only provide F2 version bios... I've been also trying this under Enhanced 2.1 bios.  Definitely like the enhanced versions as I introduce these to my kids.  I've played about 1/2 way under one player with no issues.  However 2 players seems to have odd resets at times as if it has video issues.  Anyone else experience this?

Edited by TRJ-GA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
On 2/17/2019 at 12:55 PM, TRJ-GA said:

Excellent - thank you.  I love it. Regarding DL - I note you appeared to only provide F2 version bios... I've been also trying this under Enhanced 2.1 bios.  Definitely like the enhanced versions as I introduce these to my kids.  I've played about 1/2 way under one player with no issues.  However 2 players seems to have odd resets at times as if it has video issues.  Anyone else experience this?

Hi and thanx for reporting the issue, before posting it, I personally tested the game to the end without any problem but in 1 player mode only, it could be possible that what you experienced it's a legit bug, if you can kindly do an extensive test and report lately a specific list of any issue encountered (eg. scene number), I will see what I can do to fix it, at the moment i'm too busy to investigate without any specific hint. 

Edited by dex77
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Thanks Dex….I'll get back with something …. give me some time....

 

---------------------Added June 23, 2019

After some playing with this, I could not really provide a set scene/error that caused the error.  Single player is stable.  However 2 player seems to have lockup/reset issues .  It could be when it is jumping to particular scenes, but without knowing which scenes it was trying to jump to I couldn't really tell.   It really doesn't take more than a 1/2 game or so to see the problem.

 

I did try dying in each room in effort to see consistency, but this didn't help off hand.

Edited by TRJ-GA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
  • 1 month later...
 
  • 1 year later...

Hi.. I've just stumbled on this and downloaded the files but could someone link me to the Daphne Forum that explains how to install and run the files please?

I think Space Ace is straight forward, I'm just slightly confused on DL and DL II

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
  • 2 weeks later...
 

I do not understand these 4 games at all.  Every single other LD game I have works fine.  But these 4 have nothing but problems.  I've tried multiple ROM sets, multiple video sets.  I even tried the official licensed download via Daphne and unlocking them with my DVDs.  They don't work either.  My issues are many, the games will randomly pick scenes to play, when I die it'll advance to the next scene (well, any scene really), audio cuts out when actions happen...

Are you launching daphne.exe yourself?  What command line options are you using?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
  • 3 months later...
 
 
2 hours ago, student123 said:

@dex77, did you see this post : 

Its pretty amazing what they were able to do, remasters the old cinematics to HD using computer learning. All the games look 4k now. Wish they also did time gal, bur definitely worth a look if you haven't checked it up!

 

 

thanx for bringing up the topic, i had the chance to give it a try already but in my opinion (besides the technical aspect) these extreme res remasters are just losing the original organic appeal...

i personally find way more attractive for my eyes a blurry laserdisc rip filtered by a true crt screen than any other ultra-clean digitally rearranged image, by the way, the deep learning process is far from being perfect, overall amazing but sure not perfect...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
  • 6 months later...

Any chance you have a 720p 4:3 version of Space Ace?  Don’t want anything 1080p so I can use OpenGL in Daphne.

 

I agree - want as close to

original cab quality as possible with some better visuals without losing the original look and feel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
  • 3 months later...
On 4/7/2021 at 1:58 AM, PixelFreak said:

Any chance you have a 720p 4:3 version of Space Ace?  Don’t want anything 1080p so I can use OpenGL in Daphne.

 

I agree - want as close to

original cab quality as possible with some better visuals without losing the original look and feel.

That's what his download links provided 720x480p but remastered from the Blu-Ray 1080p. I just got here so sorry for the late reply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
On 7/15/2018 at 5:45 AM, dex77 said:

Hello folks, 

Since I received some requests I edited this post adding also DL, so here it is... 

SPACE ACE + DRAGON'S LAIR Bluray remastered, 4:3 ratio, SD (Standard Definition)

they come without Daphne so just grab it and choose where to place it (ROMS and FRAMEFILES are stored in the game main folder).

 

I added also the usual CD layout in HD, have a blast!!

 

PS.

These versions are meant to be played on an original cabinet.

 

PPS.

In case you are wondering how to make it work please check the Daphne official forum!

 

SA: GAME

 

LINK:   https://mega.nz/#!NldkhS5C

KEY:   !5OsuNq6jJpVi5MeAWMeBS7nZwJR44dv8YmWbvqUVZO8

 

CD LAYOUT

 

LINK:   https://mega.nz/#!ItEk3AZT

KEY:   !823zz-5bbTPJnE6g2RJzc13qYmLo_wB4dxahNTfo4fs

 

1535249468-space-ace-cdt100-in.jpg

 

 

DL: GAME + CD LAYOUT

 

LINK:   https://mega.nz/#!x0cFCSqJ

KEY:    !k-KPBEkh4-Q9ZqOzVrLFZS1B4X2YntsTEJHmKbp-MnU

 

1535249504-dragon-s-lair-cdt100-in.jpg

 

 

EDIT:

 

SPACE ACE - The audio track for the death scene "spa01d1.vob.ogg" it's corrupted, please replace it with the following attachment!

 

spa01d1.vob.ogg.EDIT.zip

 

MANY THANX to Stuart2773 for the discovery and for resampling the track!! :thankyou:

 

Very cool. I've been looking for the Blu-Ray quality 4:3 framefiles converted to SD 480p.  But does anyone have the 16:9 Blu-Ray 1080p framefiles also?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
On 23/07/2021 at 2:37 PM, bernardcozier said:

Very cool. I've been looking for the Blu-Ray quality 4:3 framefiles converted to SD 480p.  But does anyone have the 16:9 Blu-Ray 1080p framefiles also?

 

If the video content is identical why would you think that the framefile timings would be different because of aspect ratio or resolution ?

 

If it's different video content, with different frame order or length, then fair enough.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
12 hours ago, xxOToTOxx said:

 

If the video content is identical why would you think that the framefile timings would be different because of aspect ratio or resolution ?

 

If it's different video content, with different frame order or length, then fair enough.....

 

I actually meant the original Blu-Ray 1080p video, not the framefiles which I now understand only refers to the timings text file.  

 

Anyway I used these 480p Blu-Ray remasters to AI upscale Space Ace to 1152x864 (which works with Daphne OpenGL) and then ffmpeg to interpolate adjacent frames for 60fps.  So I would have liked to see how the AI upscaled compared to the native Blu-Ray 1080p video. Have a look (see _README_FIRST.txt) :

 

https://mega.nz/file/5b4ghQzS#OqtU1CR5T19HH84x-TtmkZvkVnfYzZG9Mjd2dkd4eg8

Edited by bernardcozier
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 
  • 7 months later...
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
  • Create New...