Houb

RPCS3 : Les "bons" jeux type arcade parfaitement "jouables"

1 hour ago, mamefan2018 said:

just try windowed mode when playing the games ... i said i have dual boot and on the 1908 build i got the latest drivers installed for modern gaming .. and on that setup i run rpcs3 in windowed mode and everything seems to be working fine ..

i know its not the best look but its a solution and hopefully nvidia fixed that issue soon.

You are right i played tekken tag 2 in windowed mode and it seemed to run fine. Also later on when I switched to fullscreen surprisingly it didn't crash. Which means for some time you need to play in windowed mode and then can switch to fullscreen later on.

3 minutes ago, Houb said:

Yes enabeling TSX instructions can be a huge help it seems. I can't with my CPU unfortunately.

And yes to reach 40/50fps ingame I have also to use SPU LLVM recompiler (safe block size) and prefered SPU threads to 2 or 3.

It's not very "stable" but it moves from 35 to 50fps with this setting and the sound is not so bad.

BTW it's not enought to enjoy the game but I didn't find any other problem than the "speed".

You should try TSX and keep us informed!! :very-good:

yea i think i might give it a try .. specially if i don't end up building a new pc this year ... with emulation needing much more powerful cpus and a lot of modern games r not really running that well on my setup i feel like its time to upgrade.

and yes with these settings the fps fluctuates between 35-50 ... not really bad i mean its playable ..

how about dead storm pirates and house of the dead 4 .. how do they run for u?

7 minutes ago, ark216 said:

You are right i played tekken tag 2 in windowed mode and it seemed to run fine. Also later on when I switched to fullscreen surprisingly it didn't crash. Which means for some time you need to play in windowed mode and then can switch to fullscreen later on.

yep it rarely freezes in windowed mode at least in stable running games ... and even when tht happens it doesn't get stuck and u can't close it and have to restart the pc... and yea i did go to fullscreen when it starts but still not stable it can freeze and get stuck sometimes..

only way i found to eliminate this issue is using the old driver.

I always start games in windows mode and go fullscreen after using Alt+Enter and never had any problem. It's probably more safe to run games like that??

Drea

il y a 36 minutes, mamefan2018 a dit :

Yes with these settings the fps fluctuates between 35-50 ... not really bad i mean its playable ..

how about dead storm pirates and house of the dead 4 .. how do they run for u?

Yes like that it's "playable", not perfect but playable.

On my computer DeadStorm Pirates runs mostly at 60fps with some little slowdowns at 55/50fps but it's perfectly playable.

House of the Dead runs only at 15/25 fps ingame... strangely it's "playable" but I never tried to play so much with such framerate.

Edited by Houb

11 minutes ago, Houb said:

I always start games in windows mode and go fullscreen after using Alt+Enter and never had any problem. It's probably more safe to run games like that??

Drea

Yes like that it's "playable", not perfect but playable.

On my computer DeadStorm Pirates runs mostly at 60fps with some little slowdowns at 55/50fps but it's perfectly playable.

House of the Dead runs only at 15/25 fps ingame... strangely it's "playable" but I never tried to play so much with such framerate.

yes starting windowed than and going to gameplay than full screen usually makes rpcs3 more stable but i still had freezing and stuck in task manager problem... and its really annoying when it happens because u need to restart the pc.

using the older driver seems to be the only way to totally eliminate this issue .. i think the developers replied to that issue and said that they can't do anything ... its a problem from nvidias side and they r the ones that should fix it.

i will give deadstorm a try .. and for hotd4 i guess good thing we got TP for that.

i just tested deadstorm pirates ... i had to check write color buffers for hit collision to work ..

it seems to affect the fps  a little ... but the game runs fine (45-60 fps) as far as i tested which is the first stage

but i think there is issues with the music it starts for a few seconds than stops... but other than that i think everything is rendered correctly.

10 minutes ago, Houb said:

the issue with the music was fixed weeks ago. The bug back?

yea i guess so .. i mean its the first time i give this game a try on rpcs3 ... its really obvious in the menus when the music starts and after a couple of seconds it stops.

i'm on the latest build ..

6 hours ago, Houb said:

my i7-3770K is clocked at 4.4GHz and I have 16Go  DDR3 2400MHz C10

So in fact our configurations are similar. So if we have the same performance this is "normal" :)

To reach a stable 60fps ingame with SCV we should need something like an i7-7700K or i7-8700K

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Can you share your Soul Calibur 5 settings? I am getting white textures on clothing and a liitle more of the bloom effect around the characters.

Il y a 16 heures, ark216 a dit :

Can you share your Soul Calibur 5 settings? I am getting white textures on clothing and a liitle more of the bloom effect around the characters.

The first post of this thread was done to do that :

Citation

SoulCalibur V (BLES01250) => Write Color Buffer / Resolution Scale 100%  (Powerful CPU needed)

:rolleyes:

Il y a 16 heures, mamefan2018 a dit :

yea i guess so .. i mean its the first time i give this game a try on rpcs3 ... its really obvious in the menus when the music starts and after a couple of seconds it stops.

The same happened earlier but is was fixed weeks or a month ago. I have to test it again, the bug is probably back again...

1 hour ago, Houb said:

The first post of this thread was done to do that :

:rolleyes:

I did use Write Colour Buffer. Still the same effect,

It's not enougth, you need to use Write Color Buffer and Resolution Scale 100%. ;)

Il y a 20 heures, mamefan2018 a dit :

Tried again. In fact the bug with BMG can be fixed using SPU : LLVM Recompiler and SPU Block Size : Mega  :very-good:

I have updated the first post :

Citation

Deadstorm Pirates (NPEB00409) => Write Color Buffer / SPU Decoder : LLVM Recompiler / SPU Block Size : Mega

:)

24 minutes ago, Houb said:

Tried again. In fact the bug with BMG can be fixed using SPU : LLVM Recompiler and SPU Block Size : Mega  :very-good:

I have updated the first post :

:)

yea bro ..  it does sort of work with that setting .. when i first run it ..bgm is working fine but going back to menu after playing the first stage  and it just stopped working again ..so i gotta restart the game to get it to work again.

i guess its a really small problem they r going to fix soon ..  but i could say that  the game is really playable at decent fps  on my setup.

It worked fine with these settings for me but after changing them I had hard time to get it working again...

I had to cleanup my SPU cache and restart RPCS3 to make it work again.

I have tried again to do the same but sometime the above tip don't work...

5 minutes ago, Houb said:

It worked fine with these settings for me but after changing them I had hard time to get it working again...

I had to cleanup my SPU cache and restart RPCS3 to make it work again.

I have tried again to do the same but sometime the above tip don't work...

yea but i guess it really doesn't affect the game that much ..its playable...did it work on older builds without any special settings at all?

Edited by mamefan2018

I don't know, I had this bug months ago and I didn't have it for some weeks.

But I've just tried to change my setting and now the issue is back most of time lol :goutte-sueur:

Edit : It seems  like to be a cache problem. The cache seems have be build with an other setting and used with the setting given above...

I still try to define a working tip to fix it but no real luck until now.

Edited by Houb

8 minutes ago, Houb said:

I don't know, I had this bug months ago and I didn't have it for some weeks.

But I've just tried to change my setting and now the issue is back most of time lol :goutte-sueur:

Edit : It seems  like to be a cache problem. The cache seems have be build with an other setting and used with the setting given above...

I still try to define a working tip to fix it but no real luck until now.

yea i'm trying to figure out a way to make it work all the time ..but it just seems to be random ..

oh well ..there has been a lot of progress lately with rpcs3 so hopefully it will get fixed soon .

On 5/24/2019 at 12:17 AM, Houb said:

It's not enougth, you need to use Write Color Buffer and Resolution Scale 100%. ;)

i will try that and report.

1. Super Merci !!  Je l'ajoute à la liste :very-good: 

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Edited by audreyspency

Nvidia fullscreen problem should be fixed with the last update :)

I tested again some games with the most recent build :

- Deadstorm Pirates BGM works now fine with the setting given above (didn't test again other ones lol) and has less slowdowns 

- SoulCaliburIV now runs fullspeed on my setup on all stages (even the Starwars ones)

Also with actual MSAA PL :

Hidden Content

most games works fine and are even more beautiful :heart-pixel:

The only issues found with MSAA on my games are : SoulCaliburV character colors are broken and the last stage of TTT2 crashes.

It will probably be fixed soon as someone already reported these isues :)

• Thanks 1

il y a 22 minutes, Houb a dit :

- Deadstorm Pirates BGM works now fine with the setting given above (didn't test again other ones lol) and has less slowdowns 

- SoulCaliburIV now runs fullspeed on my setup on all stages (even the Starwars ones)

Hidden Content

The only issues found with MSAA on my games are : SoulCaliburV character colors are broken and the last stage of TTT2 crashes.

Checked GTI Club + Rally Cote d'Azur for about 45mn in fullscreen.

It work without crash, but having some stuttering at  end (40/45mn).

23 hours ago, Houb said:

Hidden Content

Great! Can you provide me with the latest download link of this build?

Il y a 1 heure, ark216 a dit :

Great! Can you provide me with the latest download link of this build?

here :

Hidden Content

SoulCaliburV issue is already fixed :) 

Edit : Updated again :

Hidden Content

Edited by Houb

Il y a 18 heures, Houb a dit :

SoulCaliburV issue is already fixed :) 

Comment sais-tu que les pb sur tel et tel jeu sont corrigés ou bien les évolutions en général?

Ou prends-tu les infos?

Il y a 4 heures, Safur a dit :

Comment sais-tu que les pb sur tel et tel jeu sont corrigés ou bien les évolutions en général?

Ou prends-tu les infos?

Hidden Content

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2019 at 6:02 PM, Houb said:

Hidden Content

i can confirm the fullscreen issue is now fixed ... and now vsync option works too ... so i don't have to force it from NVIDIA control panel.... i guess it was a problem from emulators side all along not Nvidia drivers like they said..good to see it fixed cuz now i can update the drivers on my 1803 win 10.

SoulCaliburIV  already did run really well on my setup ... but yea its perfect right now.

Deadstorm Pirates runs really well too and yep i feel that i'm getting better fps in the parts were it slows down a little .... and the bgm works fine now it only stops if i go back to the menu after playing a bit ..

so yea a very minor problem.

Le 15.6.2019 à 08:38, mamefan2018 a dit :

i can confirm the fullscreen issue is now fixed ... and now vsync option works too ... so i don't have to force it from NVIDIA control panel.... i guess it was a problem from emulators side all along not Nvidia drivers like they said..good to see it fixed cuz now i can update the drivers on my 1803 win 10.

SoulCaliburIV  already did run really well on my setup ... but yea its perfect right now.

Deadstorm Pirates runs really well too and yep i feel that i'm getting better fps in the parts were it slows down a little .... and the bgm works fine now it only stops if i go back to the menu after playing a bit ..

so yea a very minor problem.

is deadstorm playble now? i know that you couldnt shoots enemies, is it fixed?